Author Topic: Huelskamp Loses [The GOP-E Strikes Back!]  (Read 847 times)

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
Re: Huelskamp Loses [The GOP-E Strikes Back!]
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 06:49:41 pm »
 **nononono*

Sorry it has happened before the candidates with the most money does lose.. It could be that the people in his district didn't like him anymore, therefore they gave him the boot. I thought we Conservatives believed in personal responsibility...

Marshall had the most money.  He is bought and paid for by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and big Agribusiness.  He's a shill for big government lobbyists.  He also was backed by a PAC that donates to Planned Parenthood.  Marshall also supports more taxes.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 06:54:13 pm »
Looks like Kansas pro-lifers definitely wanted Huelskamp to win. In other races in KS. it went both ways. Did mostly well, winning more than losing by a close margin.

However, embattled conservative and pro-life champion, Congressman Tim Huelskamp, lost in a fierce primary that saw multi-million dollars’ worth of ads from non-Kansas special interest groups. Challenger Roger Marshall, an Ob-Gyn doctor who describes himself as pro-life, won the GOP 1st district spot with 57% of the vote.
https://kansansforlife.wordpress.com/2016/08/03/primary-races-bumpy-for-kansas-pro-life-candidates/

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 06:55:07 pm »
**nononono*
Marshall had the most money.  He is bought and paid for by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and big Agribusiness.  He's a shill for big government lobbyists.  He also was backed by a PAC that donates to Planned Parenthood.  Marshall also supports more taxes.

Marshall also successfully projected ALL of his views on to Huelskamp, who is none of those.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 06:59:23 pm »
Last time, 2014, I know of one Tea Party Representative that lost his congressional seat; one just has to try to get it won back the next time around.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 07:17:43 pm »
Marshall also successfully projected ALL of his views on to Huelskamp, who is none of those.

Yep!  Like I said up thread, Marshall's campaign against Huelskamp mirrored Trump's campaign against Cruz (except Marshall didn't smear anyone's wife and father).  .  He painted Huelskamp as an D.C. insider even though Huelskamp has been fighting D.C. special interests while Marshall is bought and paid for by them.  He also played the "he doesn't get along well with others" card, because he made the GOP-e cartel mad.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:19:18 pm by Eowyn »

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 07:20:53 pm »

Sorry it has happened before the candidates with the most money does lose.. It could be that the people in his district didn't like him anymore, therefore they gave him the boot. I thought we Conservatives believed in personal responsibility...

Yep, look what happened to Jeb Bush....quite a lot of money spent for couple of delegates.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:24:34 pm by wolfcreek »