Author Topic: Hillary Clinton ‘loves’ the idea of appointing Obama to Supreme Court  (Read 321 times)

Offline oldmomster

Hillary Clinton ‘loves’ the idea of appointing Obama to Supreme Court  (Flashback January 2016)

By Kelly Riddell - The Washington Times - Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton said she “loves” the idea of appointing Barack Obama to the Supreme Court if she’s elected president.

At a campaign event in Iowa Tuesday, Mrs. Clinton told the crowd the next president may have to appoint up to three Supreme Court justices. When one attendee mentioned Mr. Obama as a contender, she seemed excited by the recommendation.

“Wow, what a great idea. No one has ever suggested that to me, I love that, wow,” Mrs. Clinton said. “He may have a few other things to do, but I tell you, that’s a great idea.

“I mean, he’s brilliant, he can set forth an argument and he was a law professor,” she added. “So he’s got all the credentials, but we would have to get a Democratic Senate to get him confirmed.”

People magazine first reported the exchange.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/27/hillary-clinton-loves-idea-obama-supreme-court/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“Wow, what a great idea. No one has ever suggested that to me, I love that, wow,” Mrs. Clinton said

Yeah, no one except Barack Obama.

This possibility should scare the hell out of everyone. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
This could be the reason Obama is working so hard for her. That, or because she is black-mailing him. With those two it is hard to know.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

Supporting this corrupt reptile is not an appropriate response to Trump.

Offline Just_Victor

I'm not confident that 0bama could clear the Senate even if the democRATs were running it.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline mountaineer

Wow, a guy who never actually practiced law and hates the Constitution. Wow, brilliant.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Supporting this corrupt reptile is not an appropriate response to Trump.

Don't think Trump wouldn't do the same thing. He has no philosophical backbone and has already promised to 'deal'. I can easily see the wishy washy house and Senate thinking Obama is a good compromise with just a few voices saying No. That's the problem with populists with no foundation.

Offline Night Hides Not

Wow, a guy who never actually practiced law and hates the Constitution. Wow, brilliant.

Not...gonna...happen. He's looking forward to a life of golf and giving speeches. Being on the Supreme Court is hard work, and he would be just one of the nine justices. His ego couldn't handle it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline mountaineer

Not...gonna...happen. He's looking forward to a life of golf and giving speeches. Being on the Supreme Court is hard work, and he would be just one of the nine justices. His ego couldn't handle it.
So Hillary can appoint Moochelle instead.  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Dirt for sale

Somebody needs to give him a basketball team. It's the only way I can see.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:28:25 pm by Dirt for sale »

Offline Night Hides Not

So Hillary can appoint Moochelle instead.  :thud:

Not to worry, Moochelle is headed for "The View", where she'll be able to make $10 million a year, simply for chatting with her peeps.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.