Author Topic: Trump cancels Plattsburgh visit  (Read 764 times)

Offline Suppressed

Trump cancels Plattsburgh visit
« on: August 03, 2016, 03:23:46 am »
Trump cancels Plattsburgh visit
By JOE LoTEMPLIO Press-Republican Aug 1, 2016

PLATTSBURGH — Just a few hours after the contract was inked for Donald Trump's use of a city facility this coming Thursday, the presidential candidate canceled.

Trump had been expected to appear at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Crete Memorial Civic Center. The event was being billed as a "town hall" meeting, but no details were offered.

The city had signed an agreement for the event with the campaign late Monday afternoon, and it appeared that the visit would happen.

But the mayor said he was contacted later Monday night by a campaign representative who told him the event was off.

Excerpt. Read more at http://www.pressrepublican.com/news/trump-cancels-plattsburgh-visit/article_8c8e9e94-5853-11e6-b9e3-7f00c62c7d9a.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump cancels Plattsburgh visit
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 03:36:02 am »
Maybe his advisor Ben Carson convinced him the smart move right now would be to go home and take a break for a couple days. Take a nap and get his clothes cleaned.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 03:48:53 am »
Maybe his advisor Ben Carson convinced him the smart move right now would be to go home and take a break for a couple days. Take a nap and get his clothes cleaned.

:silly: :silly:

Maybe he is skeered of a hostile crowd?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 03:50:05 am »
He couldn't find a fire marshal to blame for some imaginary conspiracy?

geronl

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 03:55:07 am »

So much for making NY competitive. lol

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 04:03:50 am »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 06:23:14 am »
Maybe they were going to give him the WHOLE place, and he didn't have enough people to fill it.

The trick to the fire marshal conflicts (aside from free publicity) is that he has been booking small venues, filling them to or beyond capacity so the crowd looks big, and there are images of rallys with people lined up out the door for his supporters to point to.

Too large a facility will make it look like he's lost that right now, because it won't be packed and that could be spun to say his comments/behaviour have hurt his attendance.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 06:52:57 am »
:silly: :silly:

Maybe he is skeered of a hostile crowd?

Yes. Plattsburgh is a military town.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn