Author Topic: Ex-top Christie aide backs Clinton over Trump  (Read 700 times)

Wingnut

Ex-top Christie aide backs Clinton over Trump
« on: August 03, 2016, 02:38:44 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/maria-comella-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/

(CNN)Longtime Chris Christie aide Maria Comella says she plans to vote for Hillary Clinton -- saying that after Donald Trump's nomination, Republicans are "at a moment where silence isn't an option."

Comella is breaking from the governor she helped elevate into the national political limelight. Her decision, announced in an email interview with CNN's Jamie Gangel, comes the day after a top Jeb Bush aide said she was leaving the Republican Party.
Comella blasted Trump over his attack on the Muslim parents of an American soldier killed in combat, calling it emblematic of the rhetoric that has led her to reject her own party's nominee.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Ex-top Christie aide backs Clinton over Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 02:41:59 am »
At the rate they're going Manafort will be endorsing Clinton by next Monday.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 02:46:59 am »
At the rate they're going Manafort will be endorsing Clinton by next Monday.

He is working for Clinton on the down low.  Trump is like a mushroom.  A fungus. Kept in the dark. Covered in dung.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:33:43 pm by Wingnut »

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 04:36:19 am »
First on CNN: Top Jeb Bush adviser leaves GOP, will vote for Clinton if Florida close

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/01/politics/sally-bradshaw-jeb-bush-donald-trump-florida/

Jeb Bush's top adviser, Sally Bradshaw, has left the Republican Party to become an independent, and says if the presidential race in Florida is close, she'll vote for Hillary Clinton.

Bradshaw, who's been close to the former Florida governor for decades and was senior adviser to his 2016 campaign, officially switched her registration to unaffiliated. She told CNN's Jamie Gangel in an email interview that the GOP is "at a crossroads and have nominated a total narcissist -- a misogynist -- a bigot."

Sally Bradshaw
"This is a time when country has to take priority over political parties. Donald Trump cannot be elected president," Bradshaw said.

"This election cycle is a test," Bradshaw said. "As much as I don't want another four years of (President Barack) Obama's policies, I can't look my children in the eye and tell them I voted for Donald Trump. I can't tell them to love their neighbor and treat others the way they wanted to be treated, and then vote for Donald Trump. I won't do it."

"I've been considering the switch for months. Ultimately, I could not abide the hateful rhetoric of Donald Trump and his complete lack of principles and conservative philosophy," she said. "I didn't make this decision lightly -- I have worked hard to make our party a place where all would feel welcome. But Trump has taken the GOP in another direction, and too many Republicans are standing by and looking the other way."

This is our time of testing.

And I see far too many Republicans staring into the face of evil and turning a blind eye.

I also remember that a good man once said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."