Author Topic: Documents Show Trump Agreed To Limit Rally Size, Contradicting The Candidate  (Read 1742 times)

Silver Pines

Documents Show Trump Agreed To Limit Rally Size, Contradicting The Candidate

by Nate Thayer
08/02/16

When Donald Trump puts his foot into something, he just can’t seem to get it out.

On Monday the GOP nominee continued his battle with America’s firefighters at a rally at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Ohio, where he accused the local fire marshal and city officials of being part of a political conspiracy to prevent his supporters from attending the event. Trump had made similar accusations at an overcrowded rally in Colorado Springs on Friday.

“I just want to tell you we’ve had thousands of people outside, thousands. They were turned away—for political reasons—purely for political reasons,” Trump told reporters Monday just prior to the event. They said in this massive building you are not allowed to have any more than 1,000 people. And that is nonsense—we could have had 4, 5, 6,000 people. They have all been turned away. It is a disgrace,”

The problem with Trump’s charges? His own senior campaign staff officials were fully aware and had agreed in writing that the Trump event in Columbus was to be restricted to a maximum of 1,000 people, according to documents signed on Friday, July 29, between the Trump campaign and Columbus Convention Center for the Monday event, and obtained by Politico.

The documents, provided by Columbus Convention Center officials and the city fire department, show that senior Trump officials agreed to the terms four days prior to Monday’s event.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/donald-trump-2016-rally-size-214132#ixzz4GE9iTJf8

Silver Pines

It's incredible, really.  The man simply cannot stop lying.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

"Pathological"
IIRC, that was the word Sen. Cruz used to describe Trump.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:16:24 am by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Silver Pines

"Pathological"
IIRC, that was the word Sen. Cruz used to describe Trump.

And boy, was he right...

Offline goodwithagun

Ugh. The business end of a feminine care product one might use on a night such as this.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
And boy, was he right...

It was also one of the words Trump used to describe Ben Carson. Molester was another.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

It was also one of the words Trump used to describe Ben Carson. Molester was another.

Given that Trump has proven to be a master of projection I think other allegations made against Trump could be true.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Silver Pines

Projection from a freaking lunatic.

Tomorrow should be interesting.  I read that Melania didn't want him to run, said they had such a nice life and running for president would ruin it.  I wonder if she's just done after the release of those pics, so he's going to torpedo himself now.

Offline goodwithagun

What are the odds of this getting posted at TOS?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

You posted a funny!!!
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Silver Pines

Normally I'd say zero, but today a few people actually posted some negative articles...I think they were looking to be reassured.  Instead they got screamed at.  I think they're getting scared over there.

Offline sinkspur

John Harwood
‏@JohnJHarwood
longtime ally of Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign manager: "Manafort not challenging Trump anymore. Mailing it in. Staff suicidal."

Ali Vitali
‏@alivitali Ali Vitali Retweeted John Harwood
A Trump campaign source, in reax to this, tells me "it's all true" and "way worse than people realize."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

And yet ... and yet  ... we continue to be astonished at how low Trump will go and how he will lie about things that 1) aren't even important and 2) can easily be disproved.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Given that Trump has proven to be a master of projection I think other allegations made against Trump could be true.

Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it.  I thought it was an odd thing to say at the time but things are becoming a little clearer as time goes on.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

John Harwood
‏@JohnJHarwood
longtime ally of Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign manager: "Manafort not challenging Trump anymore. Mailing it in. Staff suicidal."

Ali Vitali
A Trump campaign source, in reax to this, tells me "it's all true" and "way worse than people realize."

Tom Eagleton, anyone???

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Normally I'd say zero, but today a few people actually posted some negative articles...I think they were looking to be reassured.  Instead they got screamed at.  I think they're getting scared over there.

Possibly, but they do live in an alternate universe.  They are like the audience at the Mike Pence presser which booed the mother of an Air Force serviceman for asking a negative question about Trump.

Silver Pines

John Harwood
‏@JohnJHarwood

Ali Vitali

Holy cow

Silver Pines

Possibly, but they do live in an alternate universe.  They are like the audience at the Mike Pence presser which booed the mother of an Air Force serviceman for asking a negative question about Trump.

That's true...never underestimate the crazy.  And I'm sure the threads were pulled.