Author Topic: Hillary Still Destroying Trump In Fundraising  (Read 529 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Hillary Still Destroying Trump In Fundraising
« on: August 02, 2016, 10:18:09 pm »
SOURCE: RED STATE

URL: http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/08/02/hillary-still-destroying-trump-fundraising/

by: Leon H. Wolf

We won't have the official numbers from the campaigns for another 19 days but it's not often that campaigns outright lie about their fundraising hauls since they'll have to release official records in a couple weeks anyway. Then again, Trump lies all the time about stuff that he has to know he'll get caught lying about, so who knows. Anyway, on to the campaigns' own claims about what they did and did not raise:

Per release, Clinton raised $63M in July, plus another $26M for DNC and state parties. Trump said last night he raised about $35.8M.

— Alexandra Jaffe (@ajjaffe) August 2, 2016

What's not entirely clear is whether the $35.8M that Trump claims to have raised was just for his campaign, or for his campaign combined with RNC Victory. Either way, it is a step in the right direction for the Trump fundraising operation, and by that I mean, it's a step in the right direction that such an operation exists at all.

Still, it's pretty clear that Hillary is going to have much, much, much more money in the bank as this campaign heads down the home stretch. Some part of this money advantage is going to not be as important as was previously thought - Clinton has already been spending a ton more money on television than Trump, and there's not a tremendous amount of evidence that it has really helped because Trump gets so much earned media anyway.

On the other hand, it seems pretty clear that Trump's best case scenario right now is a very close race. In such a race, data operations/GOTV can make a huge difference. And Hillary is both going to have a significant advantage in terms of staff, but also inherits Obama's substantial and impressive data team with all its institutional knowledge. How much will that be worth? Maybe 1-2%, but that's a margin of error that Trump currently doesn't have.

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Hillary Still Destroying Trump In Fundraising
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 10:44:32 pm »
Trump is rich.. He should be able to self finance his own campaign.. That is what he told us.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 01:30:03 am »
Trump is rich.. He should be able to self finance his own campaign.. That is what he told us.

Yes, he is ASSET RICH. But he needs CASH. What's he going to do? Sell his buildings and golf courses?

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 01:30:43 am »
Yes, he is ASSET RICH. But he needs CASH. What's he going to do? Sell his buildings and golf courses?

Yes.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 01:33:05 am »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 02:34:38 am »
Title:
"Hillary Still Destroying Trump In Fundraising"

"Fundraising", per se, doesn't seem to matter as much this year as it did in past years.

How much did lil' Jebbie spend for his (what was it?) six or so delegates?
$150 million?

How many negative ads were run against Trump by other Republicans, who I'm sure spent a TON of money on for the political consultants who helped them head right down the political drain?

I'm thinking that political ads (isn't that what the money is mostly spent on?) aren't going to change many minds this time around -- and in future elections, as well.

As the country becomes more divided, as the chasm between the left and the right grows wider, there are fewer remaining who will be swayed by such ads. Those who do remain "undecided" cost more and more bucks.

Personally, I don't watch political ads. I watch next-to-no tv anyway, and turn the sound off during "commercial time". I don't watch the Republican ads. I don't watch the 'rat ads. None of them have any information that interests me, because I knew who I would (and would NOT) be voting for before any votes were cast in the primaries.

By the way, I didn't watch the conventions, either. Didn't watch Trump's speech, didn't watch o'er-the-hillary's. I won't bother with the debates, either. Don't even watch snippets from such things. Ain't gonna change -my- mind....   ;)