Author Topic: Trump Refuses To Endorse Paul Ryan, Keeps Laser-Like Focus On The Enemy: Congressional Republicans  (Read 2095 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: RED STATE

URL: http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/08/02/trump-refuses-endorse-paul-ryan-keeps-laser-like-focus-enemy-congressional-republicans/

by: Leon H. Wolf

You would think that a guy who is falling further and futher behind Hillary Clinton would do something to avert that free fall. Something like maintaining his focus on Hillary Clinton and getting her and her dishonesty back in the news, or doing something to divert focus away from his disastrous confrontation with the Khans.

Instead, Trump is making news for, as you might have guessed, attacking Republicans, who are definitely his problem right now:

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is refusing to back House Speaker Paul D. Ryan in his upcoming primary election, saying in an interview Tuesday that he is “not quite there yet” in endorsing his party’s top-ranking elected official.

Trump also said he was not supporting Sen. John McCain in his primary in Arizona, and he singled out Sen. Kelly Ayotte as a weak and disloyal leader in New Hampshire, a state whose presidential primary Trump won handily.

Congressional Republicans say they have to line up behind Trump so that Trump can beat Hillary. Trump clearly believes that the best way to beat Hillary is to run against Congressional Republicans. I am at a loss as to why they won't let him. If Trump believes he is best served in the general by an ongoing public spat with every Republican in Congress, then Republicans in Congress should return the favor. Withdraw their endorsements. Make it clear that Trump is running alone and on his own. Let Trump run against both them and Hillary.

It's what he wants, so I say let him have it.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
Could it be more obvious that Trump is trying to hand the Senate and House to the Democrats?

Offline NavyCanDo

John McCain and Kelly Ayotte are key races to win in order for Republicans to maintain control of the Senate. If they lose the Senate is turned over to the Democrats and you can forget the Donald ever getting a conservative Supreme Court Nominee through.   But then Trump said He 'Doesn't Mind' Losing The Senate To Democrats.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

Spiteful, vengeful ahole. 

He loves Putin "because he said nice things about me."

Ryan and McCain haven't said nice things about him lately, so he'll pout.

I agree with Wolf.  Pull the endorsements and let the bastard run on his own. And pull any RNC money out of the presidential race and jerk all the RNC employees out of the field who were working for Trump.

I think this is the beginning of the end of Trump.  If Hillary plays her cards right, she can nail this thing down in August.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

Spiteful, vengeful ahole. 

He loves Putin "because he said nice things about me."

Ryan and McCain haven't said nice things about him lately, so he'll pout.

I agree with Wolf.  Pull the endorsements and let the bastard run on his own. And pull any RNC money out of the presidential race and jerk all the RNC employees out of the field who were working for Trump.

I think this is the beginning of the end of Trump.  If Hillary plays her cards right, she can nail this thing down in August.

We warned people about this..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sinkspur

We warned people about this..

Yep.  They wouldn't listen.  Now the Trumpsters are tied at the hip to the guy, dragged around like an ISIS prisoner, subject to whatever humiliation the Orange Goofball inflicts on them.

Offline sinkspur

Christopher Hayes
‏@chrislhayes
Don't look now, but Judge Curiel just denied Trump summary judgment on the Trump University case. Your thoughts, @realDonaldTrump ?

Case is now going to a full trial

Silver Pines

"Not quite there yet"

Isn't that the precise language Ryan used in speaking about Trump?

God, what a completely stupid, vengeful child Trump is.

Offline Rivergirl

Scammity does morning updates on WOR radio and trashes Ryan.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Wow, after Ryan sold his principles for him Trump sends him down the river like Chris Christy. So much for that pledge and the party and all.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Would that be "my good friend Charlie Rangel" Scammity?
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline skeeter

It couldn't have happened to a more feckless, flaky group.

At least Cruz wouldn't have campaigned against republicans.

Suck it, RINOs.

Offline ConstitutionRose

"Not quite there yet"

Yep!!
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline skeeter

May Hannity's show be consigned to the same bottomless pit Trump seems determined to drop his campaign into.

Offline sinkspur

For anybody wondering, Ryan doesn't need (and probably doesn't want) Trump's endorsement:

geronl

Trump is going to lose and he wants to take Congress down with him

Offline skeeter

Trump is going to lose and he wants to take Congress down with him

As stipulated in the "deal" he made with the Clintons last year.

An increasingly credible conspiracy theory.

At least until the gasbag starts really campaigning against her.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:26:32 am by skeeter »

Offline Polly Ticks

"Not quite there yet"

Yes, it is, and yes, he is.

Stranger than fiction, this election.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

HonestJohn

"Not quite there yet"

Yep.  An exact quote.

Offline Fantom

McCain has been a GOPE traitor for a very long time. I very much hope the cockroach losses his primary.

Paul Ryan has passed very substantial legislation in his short "tenure" as  Speaker with majority democrat votes. I cannot remember pelosie doing such with majority R votes.  So that POS needs to lose as well.

Good riddance to both those Traitors.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline sinkspur

McCain has been a GOPE traitor for a very long time. I very much hope the cockroach losses his primary.

Paul Ryan has passed very substantial legislation in his short "tenure" as  Speaker with majority democrat votes. I cannot remember pelosie doing such with majority R votes.  So that POS needs to lose as well.

Good riddance to both those Traitors.

Neither are going to lose.

Offline Fantom

Neither are going to lose.

Hey Sinks... I sure hope you are wrong.

Don't care for trump..... but I care even less for those two.

Moving major legislation, like Ryan has done, with majority democrat votes is a deal breaker with me. May as well have a democrat controlled House.

And McCain is just an old corrupt fool. Who also wins his seat with democrat votes. Like trump.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass