Author Topic: Memos Show Trump’s Plan to Pander to Evangelicals Early  (Read 450 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Memos Show Trump’s Plan to Pander to Evangelicals Early
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:45:52 pm »
He had to be coached on how to pander to Evangelicals.

...Do you remember the setting, when Frank Luntz, moderator of the event, asked Trump if he was saved and his response was that he didn’t bring God into it?

Yeah. That.

On the issue of abortion, one memo urged, “Unless you are specifically asked, it is not beneficial to state that you support the exceptions of life of the mother, rape, and incest.” Another suggested that Trump “DEFLECT” any debate questions about school prayer by saying, “I employ thousands of individuals and make sure my employees have the freedom to express their faith however they see fit.” If asked whether he believed in “creationism or evolution,” an adviser suggested the candidate respond, “I believe in both” — and then added in a parenthetical, “(Mr. Trump — we may want to follow up on this.)”.......

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/08/02/memos-show-trumps-plan-pander-evangelicals-early/

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Memos Show Trump’s Plan to Pander to Evangelicals Early
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 11:47:03 am »
The man practices deception.  Why that is invisible  to many, I do not understand.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 11:51:25 am »
The man practices deception.  Why that is invisible  to many, I do not understand.

Stand watch. In the last days, many will be deceived.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 11:53:27 am »
The article is disingenuous. Trump was coached on how to respond when asked about certain issues. That's not exactly "pandering," it's what all candidates do.

The writer goes on to say any Christian who likes Trump has a "vile allegiance to the flesh," which sounds a bit hyperbolic (and judgmental) to me. As a Christian, I believe there are a lot of legitimate reasons not to like Trump, but that he's had advisors telling him what to say about creationism isn't one of them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 11:59:56 am »
Trump was coached on how to respond when asked about certain issues.

That was a wasted effort. Obviously.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 02:52:37 pm »
That was a wasted effort. Obviously.
Yeah, some lessons don't "take."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org