Author Topic: Trumps Abandoment of Regan and Free Will  (Read 343 times)

Offline libertybele

Trumps Abandoment of Regan and Free Will
« on: August 02, 2016, 01:57:37 pm »
Trump's abandonment of Reagan and free will

...Near the close of the Democratic Party convention, Donald Trump used totalitarian language to “charm” hesitant voters. "If you really like Donald Trump, that's great, but if you don't, you have to vote for me anyway. You know why? Supreme Court judges, Supreme Court judges," Donald Trump reportedly said at a rally in Iowa. "Have no choice, sorry, sorry, sorry. You have no choice," Trump continued, calling the late Justice Antonin Scalia a "great guy" and acknowledging tied decisions at the Supreme Court after his death.

I, an American, don’t have a choice? Excuse me, I’d like to think that one through...

...As I understand it, the Constitution provides that any nominations for the Supreme Court need to be approved by the Senate. Now, since Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas (A, 97%) is a sitting senator, noted constitutionalist and expert in the ways of the Supreme Court, he would be a needed vote for Trump’s much-ballyhooed claim that he will install constitutionalists to the Supreme Court.

If that’s the case, why is Trump targeting him for political destruction?

It doesn’t make any sense for me, as a Reaganite who naturally agrees with Cruz’s constitutional conservative message, to believe that Trump really has plans to nominate Scalia-like constitutionalists to the Supreme Court. I don’t believe him. He has to convince me he knows what the hell he’s talking about before I can take him at his word. He will have to work harder to get my vote than just vomiting his inane “if you’re not with us, you’re against us” crapola-on-a-stick shtick.

Not only that, but the argument, “you have to vote for me, you have no choice” isn’t exactly something that should be said by a freedom-loving American who’s running for president of these United States. Sorry, Donald, actually, you have to convince me you aren’t what everybody says you are, and what my eyes see you are. This isn’t like the real estate game where you can just buy out my company and force me to comply.

We have a little over three months to decide who to vote for, so Trump ought to sit his butt down and figure out exactly how to talk to freedom-loving Americans. He needs to:

stop talking about breaking up NATO.
    stop leaving long-held allies like Poland at the feet of Putin’s war machine.
    educate himself on how protectionism kills the middle class.
    stop flip flopping (but first flop back and say “no” to an increase on the job-killing minimum wage).
    learn something about American exceptionalism so he doesn’t embarrass us with his idiotic answers to hostile media.
    learn how to deal with thinking people.

You see Donald isn’t my party nominee or my leader. I have very little in common with him. I don’t like his character, his anti-Catholic attitude espoused in the primaries, his unwillingness to be a voice for the unborn, his totalitarian bent, and his big government attitude.

That brings up another thing about him that makes me uncomfortable. Trump claims he is going to get money from his trade deals to pay off the debt.  But in the same breath, he claims big government items such as health care subsidies and corporate welfare are here to stay. So, what would be the point of getting money from other countries to pay off the debt if he is set to run up more debt?

Here’s another one: If Trump believes he will make trade deals to bring back American jobs, and then sets the minimum wage at an astounding $10 per hour, three things are going to happen. One, small businesses will continue to go belly up because they can’t make payroll. Two, all the young’uns Trump is a-courtin’ from the Bernie league won’t be able to get jobs because remaining businesses will economize to stay afloat. And three, regular items on the store shelves will rise even higher in price than they’re doing now because a) producers have to pay a higher wage and b) tariffs will cause prices to soar.

So Trump shouldn’t tell me I have no choice. His job is to convince me to exercise my choice freely and without prejudice. If he can’t do that, and Hillary is elected, it’s Trump’s own fault, and it’s all because he rejects Reagan conservatism. He does it so obviously that the Democrats smell blood and have now moved in to claim the mantle.

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/07/trumps-abandonment-of-reagan-and-free-will#sthash.bwlVv1t9.dpuf
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: Trumps Abandoment of Regan and Free Will
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 02:07:16 pm »
Spot on.