Author Topic: Is Pence trying to distance himself from Trump stupidity?  (Read 811 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Is Pence trying to distance himself from Trump stupidity?
« on: August 02, 2016, 04:31:04 am »
Mike Pence Denies Donald Trump For the Second Time

I'm not sure that I've ever seen an election before where the vice presidential nominee spends as much time distancing himself from the guy at the top of the ticket as we're seeing from Mike Pence this time around. We saw John McCain, on occasion, run like a scalded dog away from Sarah Palin but never vice versa.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/08/01/mike-pence-denies-donald-trump-second-time/

His career is on the line if Trump keeps up this idiocy.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Is Pence trying to distance himself from Trump stupidity?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 04:37:19 am »

His career was at the end of it's lifespan anyway. That's why he took the VP gig. It's my understanding Pence had a real tough road to reelection.

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 05:18:17 am »
Pence is a ponce. Loves global treaties. As a Biden is to its Bama.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 06:47:47 am »
Mike Pence Denies Donald Trump For the Second Time

I'm not sure that I've ever seen an election before where the vice presidential nominee spends as much time distancing himself from the guy at the top of the ticket as we're seeing from Mike Pence this time around. We saw John McCain, on occasion, run like a scalded dog away from Sarah Palin but never vice versa.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/08/01/mike-pence-denies-donald-trump-second-time/

Probably it's done.

He could drop out; but that does him little good now and loses what little bit of control he might have had.  It's a tough place to be - if he stays in, he gives his approval to the insanity flowing out of the mouth of God the Donald.  If he gets out, Trump is hurt, the Republican Party is hurt, and he gets little benefit himself.

My guess is he got in not understanding what a wack-a-doodle was Orange Julius.  Because, like so many others, he chose not to look.

I saw this coming; and that's when I decided eight months ago Donnie was not the one.  Pence should have paid more attention and spent less time rationalizing away what he and everyone saw.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 07:06:24 am »
Pence should have paid more attention and spent less time rationalizing away what he and everyone saw.

I don't know. Being in the number two slot, behind an overweight, poor eating workaholic with serious anger issues gives him a fair chance of early promotion.

Or it would if Trump could actually win.   :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 07:09:14 am »
I don't know. Being in the number two slot, behind an overweight, poor eating workaholic with serious anger issues gives him a fair chance of early promotion.

Or it would if Trump could actually win.   :shrug:

Well, there you have it.  The flaw in Pence' logic.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 02:51:41 pm »
Might as well go all in Pence, .....    taking this job equated to political suicide.   We all make decisions in life, and this one was yours.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 02:55:59 pm »
I have zero sympathy for Mike Pence.  He was voicing his disgust for Trump shortly before he accepted the VP slot.  But he grabbed it to get a coat-tail ride to some power.

Whatever happens, he deserves it.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 02:57:29 pm »
I have zero sympathy for Mike Pence.  He was voicing his disgust for Trump shortly before he accepted the VP slot.  But he grabbed it to get a coat-tail ride to some power.

Whatever happens, he deserves it.

I agree Cat...    The rest of his political life will have an anchor labeled Trump attached to his ankle.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »
I agree Cat...    The rest of his political life will have an anchor labeled Trump attached to his ankle.

He must have realized that and was willing to do it anyway.  How dumb can a person be?

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 03:52:01 pm »
Probably it's done.

I saw this coming; and that's when I decided eight months ago Donnie was not the one.  Pence should have paid more attention and spent less time rationalizing away what he and everyone saw.

I suspect Pence viewed the VP option as an opportunity to smooth out the Trump campaign's many rough edges and push Trump to better check himself.  I can't help but believe Pence rues the day he made the decision to jump in with a sure general-election loser.

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 04:00:22 pm »
One things for sure, Pence is no Chris Christi

But no matter because

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 04:04:03 pm »
I suspect Pence viewed the VP option as an opportunity to smooth out the Trump campaign's many rough edges and push Trump to better check himself.  I can't help but believe Pence rues the day he made the decision to jump in with a sure general-election loser.

And if he gets out he'll take all the fire from Trump and all the blame from the GOP.

Jennifer Rubin nails it here. While the rest of the party is wildly trying to support, backtrack and spin Trump, Ted Cruz is the one man who doesn't have to do any of that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/08/01/about-that-political-suicide-thing/?postshare=1771470096489740&tid=ss_tw-bottom