Author Topic: CBS: Trump behind because he alienates conservatives  (Read 494 times)

geronl

CBS: Trump behind because he alienates conservatives
« on: August 01, 2016, 07:13:08 pm »
http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/08/01/cbs-poll-trumps-alienation-conservatives-reason-hes-behind/
excerpt
In Presidential elections where the Republican candidate wins or comes close, you tend to see the same dynamic unfold in terms of the ideological breakdown of the electorate. The Republican wins between 80 and 85% of conservatives, the Democrat wins between 80 and 85% of liberals, and the Democrat wins moderates by some relatively small percentage. The Republican either wins or comes close based on the strength of the fact that self-identified conservatives usually outnumber self-identified liberals by around 35%-25%. This is the dynamic you saw in both 2004 and 2012, which were both very close elections.

Hidden in today's CBS's poll (not included in the crosstabs) is an indication that Trump's alienation of conservatives is the reason he is behind in this poll.

Offline mrclose

Re: CBS: Trump behind because he alienates conservatives
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 07:14:49 pm »
More CBS. :whistle:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 09:08:25 pm »

True.  Trump is behind because he's a terrible candidate, so bad that he turns an easy blowout over Hillary into a horserace.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 09:13:58 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 09:27:26 pm »

You must not know many conservatives if you think Trump hasn't alienated us......

But I agree with the poster above who says he's also an AWFUL candidate, (who, IMO, is clearly trying to lose).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.