Author Topic: Get Ready for Obama’s ‘October Surprise’ in  (Read 522 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Get Ready for Obama’s ‘October Surprise’ in
« on: August 01, 2016, 01:16:34 pm »
 Get Ready for Obama’s ‘October Surprise’ in Iraq

If Iraqi and Kurdish troops—with stepped-up U.S. support—retake Mosul as planned, it could be a big boost for Hillary.

By Mark Perry

August 01, 2016

The American public could be treated to a major U.S.-led military victory in Iraq this fall, just as voters are deciding who will be the nation’s next president—but U.S. military officials insist the timing of the operation has nothing to do with politics.

Iraqi and Kurdish military and paramilitary units are preparing for a push on Mosul, the Islamic State-held city that is now in the cross hairs of the U.S.-led coalition battling the terrorist group across the Middle East. “The idea is to isolate Mosul, cut it off, kill it,” a senior U.S. Central Command officer told me.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/iraq-offensive-2016-mosul-islamic-state-isis-isil-obama-foreign-policy-kurdish-214121
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Get Ready for Obama’s ‘October Surprise’ in
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 01:52:25 pm »
"“Hurrying this thing along for political benefit would be just about the dumbest thing that we could do,” the senior Centcom officer told me this week"

Obama would never force a military decision based upon political considerations, would he.

Although I really can't imagine how Hillary would benefit from any successful Mosul offensive. Why would anyone link her to it?

Offline Just_Victor

Re: Get Ready for Obama’s ‘October Surprise’ in
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 02:44:26 pm »
"“Hurrying this thing along for political benefit would be just about the dumbest thing that we could do,” the senior Centcom officer told me this week"

Obama would never force a military decision based upon political considerations, would he.

Although I really can't imagine how Hillary would benefit from any successful Mosul offensive. Why would anyone link her to it?

Welcome back to the decision making process that failed in Viet Nam.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.