Author Topic: US Base In Turkey On Lockdown, As Rumors Of Another Coup Swirl  (Read 1436 times)

rangerrebew

US Base In Turkey On Lockdown, As Rumors Of Another Coup Swirl
Photo of Saagar Enjeti
Saagar Enjeti
7:29 PM 07/30/2016

U.S. Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II fighter jets (foreground) are pictured at Incirlik airbase in the southern city of Adana, Turkey, in this December 11, 2015 file photo. REUTERS/Umit Bektas/Files   U.S. Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II fighter jets (foreground) are pictured at Incirlik airbase in the southern city of Adana, Turkey, in this December 11, 2015 file photo. REUTERS/Umit Bektas/Files

Entrances and exits to the U.S. airbase at Incirlik were closed by Turkish police Saturday, Hurriyet, one of Turkey’s major newspapers, has reported.

The report came after pictures circulated on twitter showing Turkish police sealing off the airbase. Incirlik is a critical U.S. airbase for air operations against the Islamic State, and houses several U.S. nuclear weapons.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/30/us-base-in-turkey-on-lockdown-as-rumors-of-another-coup-swirl/#ixzz4FymyYY00

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: US Base In Turkey On Lockdown, As Rumors Of Another Coup Swirl
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 10:12:37 am »
Hopefully the military will regain control.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 10:48:46 am »
The US needs to begin pulling out.

Erdogan obviously wants out of NATO so he can he be a real dictator.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 02:34:22 pm »

He is also aware Obama will do absolutely nothing if he should take the base and everything in it, with the possible exception of giving Turkey a few billion to get it back.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 05:36:33 pm »
Hopefully the military will regain control.

Yes, hopefully.

Offline unknown

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 06:56:07 pm »

Just take our nukes with us!

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 06:57:28 pm »
He is also aware Obama will do absolutely nothing if he should take the base and everything in it, with the possible exception of giving Turkey a few billion to get it back.

Trump sits back and admires Erdogans' handiwork....

geronl

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 06:57:53 pm »

Just take our nukes with us!

Those should be the first things out.

Offline unknown

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 07:01:37 pm »

“Ottomans [Muslims] Were The First to Reach The Moon,” says Turkish President

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/ottomans-were-the-first-to-reach-the-moon-says-turkish-president/

Mr. Erdogan claimed that Muslim explorers reached the Moon more than 300 years before the beginning of the Apollo program, vowing to build a mosque “in the crater” where they landed.

“It is alleged that the first man to walk on the moon was Neil Armstrong in 1969,” Erdogan said. “In fact, Muslim space explorers reached our satellite 334 years before that, in 1635. Everyone knows the story of the famous aviator, Lagari Hasan Celebi, the “Ottoman Rocket Man”, who made the first successful manned rocket flight in 1633. What you might not know, is that he attempted to reach the moon, two years later, and could very well have succeeded!”

The Turkish President Erdogan continued after hearing snickers and whispers from the audience...

“Why do you not believe it? Because you’ve never believed that a Muslim can do such a thing, ...” “This claim is not new. A number of academics in Turkey and in the rest of the world have made this claim, and I believe they are right. NASA may have destroyed most of the physical evidence of the Ottoman’s success during the Apollo 11 mission, but we’ll try to find any evidence that might have escaped the cover up.”

:wtf!:

:bigsilly:

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 08:59:13 pm »

“Ottomans [Muslims] Were The First to Reach The Moon,” says Turkish President

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/ottomans-were-the-first-to-reach-the-moon-says-turkish-president/

Mr. Erdogan claimed that Muslim explorers reached the Moon more than 300 years before the beginning of the Apollo program, vowing to build a mosque “in the crater” where they landed.

“It is alleged that the first man to walk on the moon was Neil Armstrong in 1969,” Erdogan said. “In fact, Muslim space explorers reached our satellite 334 years before that, in 1635. Everyone knows the story of the famous aviator, Lagari Hasan Celebi, the “Ottoman Rocket Man”, who made the first successful manned rocket flight in 1633. What you might not know, is that he attempted to reach the moon, two years later, and could very well have succeeded!”

The Turkish President Erdogan continued after hearing snickers and whispers from the audience...

“Why do you not believe it? Because you’ve never believed that a Muslim can do such a thing, ...” “This claim is not new. A number of academics in Turkey and in the rest of the world have made this claim, and I believe they are right. NASA may have destroyed most of the physical evidence of the Ottoman’s success during the Apollo 11 mission, but we’ll try to find any evidence that might have escaped the cover up.”

:wtf!:

:bigsilly:

There's a wikipedia article on the Turkish rocketman - it's worth the read just for the laughs:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag%C3%A2ri_Hasan_%C3%87elebi

Offline unknown

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 11:50:41 pm »
There's a wikipedia article on the Turkish rocketman - it's worth the read just for the laughs:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag%C3%A2ri_Hasan_%C3%87elebi

Cool!! Thanks to the link.

"according to a sole account written..."

Using that criteria look at the stuff written by the sole account of Jules Verne.