Author Topic: Tim Kaine says he’s pro-life at home, pro-choice at work  (Read 493 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tim Kaine says he’s pro-life at home, pro-choice at work
« on: July 31, 2016, 07:17:43 pm »
 By S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Sunday, July 31, 2016

Democratic vice-presidential nominee Sen. Tim Kaine drew a sharp line between his Catholic faith and his pro-choice political stance, as he defended himself against criticism from the party’s left that he is too conservative.

The Virginia Democrat said that he has “always supported Roe v. Wade,” the U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion based on privacy rights.

“I think the last thing we need is a government that intrudes upon the decision-making of women — and men, too — when it comes to matters of whether it’s abortion rights [or] contraception,” Mr. Kaine said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Mr. Kaine described himself as a pro-life conservative during his successful 2005 run for Virginia governor.

He insisted on CNN that his stance has been consistent.

“I am a Catholic, and I accept the church’s teaching on this issue, but I do not believe the job of somebody in public life is to say ‘I’m a Catholic so my job is to make our laws consistent with Catholic doctrine and make everybody follow it,’” he said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/31/tim-kaine-democratic-vice-presidential-nominee-say/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Tim Kaine says he’s pro-life at home, pro-choice at work
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 07:20:03 pm »
In other words he pretends to be pro-life.