Author Topic: NFL Denies It Sent Letter to Trump Over Debate Schedule  (Read 857 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
NFL Denies It Sent Letter to Trump Over Debate Schedule
« on: July 31, 2016, 12:48:49 pm »
NFL Denies It Sent Letter to Trump Over Debate Schedule

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/nfl-denies-it-sent-letter-trump-over-debate-schedule-n620391?cid=sm_fb

The National Football League said Saturday it did not send a letter to Donald Trump about the timing of the presidential debate schedule, after the GOP nominee claimed the league had.

Asked by ABC News' George George Stephanopoulos in an interview that will air on "This Week" Sunday, Trump said, "I'll tell you what I don't like. It's against two NFL games."

"I got a letter from the NFL saying 'this is ridiculous, why are the debates against' — because the NFL doesn't want to go against the debates because the debates are going to be pretty massive from what I understand," Trump said.

The NFL denied any letter was sent.

"While we would obviously wish the Debate Commission could find another night, we did not send a letter to Mr. Trump," The NFL said in a statement Saturday.

exc
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:53:09 pm by don-o »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: NFL Denies It Sent Letter to Trump Over Debate Schedule
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:53:50 pm »
Here in flyover country, I have heard a saying,

"He would rather climb a tree and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth."

Did Trump think that the NFL would just ignore this?

Offline youknowwho

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 01:08:56 pm »
Here in flyover country, I have heard a saying,

"He would rather climb a tree and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth."

Did Trump think that the NFL would just ignore this?

He doesn't care because his fanboys will love it and eat it up.  If you try to tell them he was lying,  the go nuts on you and make excuses fire and of course "The NFL is Lying"

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 01:45:23 pm »
I wonder if Trump is still bitter at the NFL for beating him when he had an USFL team..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 01:56:07 pm »
There's no reason to believe the NFL would send a letter to Trump.

Any complaints they would have would be better served by taking it up with the networks and the parties.