Author Topic: An Open Letter to Mr. Khizr Khan  (Read 25935 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: An Open Letter to Mr. Khizr Khan
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2016, 08:50:25 pm »
@LonestarDream - are you here to hijack yet another thread and accuse people who won't vote for Trump of not caring about terrorism?

Is that your ugly mission for today?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2016, 08:59:12 pm »
@LonestarDream - are you here to hijack yet another thread and accuse people who won't vote for Trump of not caring about terrorism?

What is ugly are the number acts piling up in the US and Europe without a response.

Sorry to be the messenger.

Friend of mine just got from Nice, France.  No apparent upgrades to security.

That some families have more moderate members who may have served honorably many years ago, is beside the point to the continuing and growing threat we face.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:05:18 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Oceander

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2016, 09:00:03 pm »
What is ugly is are the number acts piling up in the US and Europe without a response.

Answer the question, don't dodge it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2016, 09:04:25 pm »
What is ugly are the number acts piling up in the US and Europe without a response.

That has nothing to do with what I'm asking you.

Why are you trying to falsely accuse those who don't support Trump of not caring about terrorism?

It's ugly.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2016, 09:10:13 pm »
Answer the question, don't dodge it.

I did answer.  We have so sanitized the manifold terrorist attacks in the US and Europe to the point where a picture depicting the Fort Hood terrorist , next to the Fort Hood sign is  apparently offensive.

Not for the act mind you, but for the pictorial reminder that Barry Soltero claimed it was 'work place violence'.

If y'all are really offended by that picture, happy to edit it out....
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:12:19 pm by LonestarDream »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2016, 09:11:40 pm »
That has nothing to do with what I'm asking you.

Why are you trying to falsely accuse those who don't support Trump of not caring about terrorism?

It's ugly.

What is ugly if Hillary's Clinton foundation taking massive donations from Saudis and her very close relationship with Hamas Huma.  And her leaving US service men to die in Benghazi .

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2016, 09:13:29 pm »
I did answer.  We have so sanitized the manifold terrorist attacks in the US and Europe to the point where a picture depicting the Fort Hood terrorist , next to the Fort Hood sign is  apparently offensive.

Not for the act mind you, but for the pictorial reminder that Barry Solero claimed it was 'work place violence'.

If y'all are really offended by that picture, happy to edit it out....

Yet another ugly accusation.

Has your support of Trump destroyed your understanding of what's right and what's wrong??

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2016, 09:14:25 pm »
What is ugly if Hillary's Clinton foundation taking massive donations from Saudis and her very close relationship with Hamas Huma.  And her leaving US service men to die in Benghazi .

And you think that attacking those of us who agree with you, but don't support Trump is somehow righteous??

It's sick, is what it is.  Sick.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2016, 09:17:33 pm »
And you think that attacking those of us who agree with you, but don't support Trump is somehow righteous??

It's sick, is what it is.  Sick.

Is that your argument is that everything said is sick?  Not much there.

But again the issue here seems to be those of us who are pointing out evidence of the gathering terrorist threat.

And just like the blanket security that went up in the airports after 911-- we will lose FAR more constitutional liberties when causalities from these acts because even more massive and the 'obvious' action will be some form of martial law.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:18:47 pm by LonestarDream »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2016, 09:21:58 pm »
Is that your argument is that everything said is sick?  Not much there.

But again the issue here seems to be those of us who are pointing out evidence of the gathering terrorist.

And just like the blanket security that went up in the airports after 911-- we will lose FAR more constitutional liberties when causalities from these acts because even more massive.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?  (Rhetorical question.......of course you are).

Everyone here knows about the growing threat of terrorism.  THAT is why we are so fearful that NEITHER candidate is equipped, nor interested in fighting it.

It is Trump's narcissism, corruption, ignorance, incapability, running mouth syndrome and complete lack of integrity that is so disturbing.

If Hillary wins, we are in great danger.  If Trump wins, we are perhaps in greater danger.

And here you are, trying to guilt us into voting for an incompetent, non-caring fool with your false accusations that we don't know or care about terrorism.

It's just ugly.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2016, 09:24:06 pm »

I entirely support the message by LoneStarDream. Don't try to shout down the messenger. The message is valid.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2016, 09:27:08 pm »
I entirely support the message by LoneStarDream. Don't try to shout down the messenger. The message is valid.

You support attacking those who don't support Trump as not caring about the terrorist threat?

You've certainly fallen far since you became enamored with the corrupt one.....   **nononono*

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2016, 09:29:13 pm »
I have directed nothing at you.  By you continuing to call me 'sick' for showing manifold examples of terrorism in the US and Europe, it is you who are making the ad-hominem attacks against me.  All the while you claim the opposite. 

There are far more graphic photos, that could be used to illustrate what I mean.

Also, read my tagline.  Just because someone points out good elements of Trump's character does not mean they are 'Trump believer' .  Or that Trump does not have flaws.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?  (Rhetorical question.......of course you are).

Everyone here knows about the growing threat of terrorism.  THAT is why we are so fearful that NEITHER candidate is equipped, nor interested in fighting it.

It is Trump's narcissism, corruption, ignorance, incapability, running mouth syndrome and complete lack of integrity that is so disturbing.

If Hillary wins, we are in great danger.  If Trump wins, we are perhaps in greater danger.

And here you are, trying to guilt us into voting for an incompetent, non-caring fool with your false accusations that we don't know or care about terrorism.

It's just ugly.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2016, 09:34:52 pm »

The primaries are over.  Many of us supporter Walker.  Many of us supported Cruz.

I did both.  I hope Cruz wins his senate seat in 18 and will would likely support him in 2020 again.  But that was then or in the future.

We are here now and while some of Trump's rhetoric may make people uncomfortable, there is a big Sharia issue. 

Flabbergasted that showing even weak tea images of this upsets people so-- and in the wrong way.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2016, 09:35:32 pm »
You support attacking those who don't support Trump as not caring about the terrorist threat?

You've certainly fallen far since you became enamored with the corrupt one.....   **nononono*

I have "fallen" because I don't agree with your position ??

I say your dislike for Trump, clouds your vision about national security threats. Touché.

Since I rank national security above all else, I have a different perspective.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2016, 09:38:18 pm »
[
How many different versions of Trump's plan are we going to get?

@RedHead
Trump has a plan?

Seriously?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:38:49 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2016, 09:39:14 pm »
I have directed nothing at you.  By you continuing to call me 'sick' for showing manifold examples of terrorism in the US and Europe, it is you who are making the ad-hominem attacks against me.  All the while you claim the opposite. 

There are far more graphic photos, that could be used to illustrate what I mean.

Also, read my tagline.  Just because someone points out good elements of Trump's character does not mean they are 'Trump believer' .  Or that Trump does not have flaws.

You are misstating what I have said (of course).   I have not called you "sick."  I have said that attacking others who don't support Trump of not caring or knowing about terrorism is "ugly"........ and it is.

It is your words that are ugly, and your implication against others for whom terrorism is a grave concern, that is sick.

If you can't understand the difference, so be it.   But I still find the "if-you-don't-support-trump-you-don't-care-about-terrorism" the vilest attack on others that occurs on any conservative forum.

There is no truth in it.   And you need to stop doing it, if you are to be perceived as a rational, thoughtful human being.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2016, 09:41:08 pm »
I have "fallen" because I don't agree with your position ??

I say your dislike for Trump, clouds your vision about national security threats. Touché.

Since I rank national security above all else, I have a different perspective.

I rank national security at the top also.

That's why I fear a Trump presidency.  He is a very disturbed, narcissistic human being who doesn't care about fighting terrorism any more than he cares about marital fidelity.

Your difference in perspective is not in how important national security is, but in your belief an abject fool will keep you safe.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2016, 09:42:37 pm »
And the parents of a dead soldier should not use that death to politically attack the other candidate.

@MACVSOG68

I understand and generally agree with your POV,but I am going to have to cut them some slack on this one. Not only are they relatively "new" to the US,the pain of losing their son is still new to them.

The ones I want to hurt are the ones that are using this couple's pain as a tool for political benefit. You know and I know they don't give a damn about the deaths of anyone not related to them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2016, 09:43:14 pm »
The two cases are not symmetric.  The parents' case is more understandable than the cold, calculating, abusive case of the politician.

@Oceander

:amen:

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2016, 09:43:49 pm »
That is how Truth_Seeker and myself took it.  As you all know from posting history was an AVID Cruz supporter. 

But Trump won.  And at least least he is a fighter, unlike McCain or Romney.  And I sincerely believe Bush would not have won his second term but for the Swift Boat veterans.

You are misstating what I have said (of course).   I have not called you "sick."  I have said that attacking others who don't support Trump of not caring or knowing about terrorism is "ugly"........ and it is.

It is your words that are ugly, and your implication against others for whom terrorism is a grave concern, that is sick.

If you can't understand the difference, so be it.   But I still find the "if-you-don't-support-trump-you-don't-care-about-terrorism" the vilest attack on others that occurs on any conservative forum.

There is no truth in it.   And you need to stop doing it, if you are to be perceived as a rational, thoughtful human being.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2016, 09:44:39 pm »
The primaries are over.  Many of us supporter Walker.  Many of us supported Cruz.

I did both.  I hope Cruz wins his senate seat in 18 and will would likely support him in 2020 again.  But that was then or in the future.

We are here now and while some of Trump's rhetoric may make people uncomfortable, there is a big Sharia issue. 

Flabbergasted that showing even weak tea images of this upsets people so-- and in the wrong way.

If you are flabbergasted, you are once again, being deliberately obtuse.

So I will say for the last time (since your deliberate denseness is tiresome), it is your attack on others who don't support Trump that is upsetting.  Your ugly false accusation that because we don't support Trump we don't care.

But I have no doubt that you will continue on your mission to smear patriotic conservatives.  If anything has been made clear by your behavior today, it's that truth is secondary to that devious mission.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2016, 09:45:50 pm »
   And you need to stop doing it, if you are to be perceived as a rational, thoughtful human being.

Again.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2016, 09:46:05 pm »
That is how Truth_Seeker and myself took it.  As you all know from posting history was an AVID Cruz supporter. 

But Trump won.  And at least least he is a fighter, unlike McCain or Romney.  And I sincerely believe Bush would not have won his second term but for the Swift Boat veterans.

You are free to believe and to state whatever you wish about Trump.

You are NOT free to accuse those who don't agree with you of not taking terrorism seriously.

It is a lie.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2016, 09:46:21 pm »

His rhetoric and his follow through has historically been shown to not be connected. As recently as last week he totally blamed the rotten convention on the party after spending the subsequent months bragging that he was in charge and it was going to be the smoothest most star studded spectacle in history. He promised Tome Brady and gave us Chachi.

That is why a lot of folks don't think he is going to do a damn thing about the terrorist problem or any other thing he promises. And why he continues to attack Cruz and these parents of a dead soldier is totally absurd and destroying any chance he had to cobble together support.