Author Topic: What kind of person is Donald Trump?  (Read 6131 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: What kind of person is Donald Trump?
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2016, 09:49:42 pm »
So your answer is to let someone else decide.

It matters little at this point, I guess - but that's not my instinct.  It sure is the instinct of a lot of people - I thought most of them were Losertarians; smug in how they were oh, so Above It All in voting for their circus act.

I could throw some analogies out here, but I sense the negative posters are dug in.  So be it...I don't advocate voting or not-voting; I think it's the individual's choice and the responsibility lies in knowing if one is informed enough to choose.   BUT...you don't vote, you don't have much to complain about when others choose.

There are other choices besides the evil Hillary and the evil Donald.

The complaints will remain that the Trump lovers forced Hillary on us.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline etcb

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2016, 10:16:19 pm »
............  I also don't have to take part in the disaster.
If the "disaster" you refer to is the mere election of one or the other, I would agree that any of us can separate ourselves from that.  If "disaster" refers to the consequence resulting from one or the other becoming president, none of us have an ability to separate ourselves from that.  If there are only two possibilities, refusing to choose either can allow any of us feel good or claim moral superiority, but it can not keep us from taking part in the results.  From a personal standpoint, I would rather say "I made a poor choice" than to say "Don't blame me, I avoided a choice". 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2016, 10:22:03 pm »
If the "disaster" you refer to is the mere election of one or the other, I would agree that any of us can separate ourselves from that.  If "disaster" refers to the consequence resulting from one or the other becoming president, none of us have an ability to separate ourselves from that.  If there are only two possibilities, refusing to choose either can allow any of us feel good or claim moral superiority, but it can not keep us from taking part in the results.  From a personal standpoint, I would rather say "I made a poor choice" than to say "Don't blame me, I avoided a choice".

Not voting for either IS a choice.  I'm not "avoiding" anything. 

I'm pro-actively not voting for either of the two people who are equally reprehensible and corrupt.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2016, 10:25:40 pm »

I believe it was best said by Melania Trump; "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice".
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:26:06 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2016, 11:38:04 pm »
Lol, exactly.
As far as I'm concerned, if my friend is going to sell her soul for a game show host, she's asking for the mess that's coming her way.
@CatherineofAragon
I haven't been here much the last three days as I have been "re-doing" the library/TV room where I have had papers all over from bills, poetry books/sheets of paper, drawing supplies everywhere, Shakespeare books, and computer cords on the floor I have had to step over to sit on the couch and do my "work".  I couldn't stand it any more and bought 10 binders with inserts to get the papers together so I can find them.  Got the computer cords off the floor.  I won't be falling from getting intertwined in cords. It now looks like a human being has some order in here.

What I want to tell you is, Bob's son lives in Ohio, the purple state and no candidate who has become president has won without Ohio.  This son has convinced himself he has to vote for Trump due to the supreme court.  I have told him Trump is insane and backed that up with what I know, but he sticks to the Supreme Court appointment(s).  He can't understand it is dangerous to put an insane person in the president's office.  So, that is one in Ohio who is voting for insane Trump.

The problem is people don't understand what "insane" actually means.  They should spend some time in a mental hospital and see what insane people are like.  I think it is entirely possible Trump can crack and be put there.  I don't think he can handle the actual, real life, job of the president.  I think he just wants to win and then go home to his apartment on top of Trump Tower and hang a picture of himself being sworn in as president.

It is insane to vote for an insane person.  The son can't see that.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 11:40:08 pm by Victoria33 »

Silver Pines

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2016, 11:10:07 pm »

I'm not interested in making myself feel good or in some false idea of superiority.  I'm doing what I know is right.  The idea of voting for Trump is repellent to me. 

The "poor choice" was made by primary voters who selected him.  That's not my problem.

@etcb

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2016, 11:16:32 pm »
Economic anxiety!!

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2016, 11:27:13 pm »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2016, 11:37:43 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2016, 11:43:36 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
I haven't been here much the last three days as I have been "re-doing" the library/TV room where I have had papers all over from bills, poetry books/sheets of paper, drawing supplies everywhere, Shakespeare books, and computer cords on the floor I have had to step over to sit on the couch and do my "work".  I couldn't stand it any more and bought 10 binders with inserts to get the papers together so I can find them.  Got the computer cords off the floor.  I won't be falling from getting intertwined in cords. It now looks like a human being has some order in here.

What I want to tell you is, Bob's son lives in Ohio, the purple state and no candidate who has become president has won without Ohio.  This son has convinced himself he has to vote for Trump due to the supreme court.  I have told him Trump is insane and backed that up with what I know, but he sticks to the Supreme Court appointment(s).  He can't understand it is dangerous to put an insane person in the president's office.  So, that is one in Ohio who is voting for insane Trump.

The problem is people don't understand what "insane" actually means.  They should spend some time in a mental hospital and see what insane people are like.  I think it is entirely possible Trump can crack and be put there.  I don't think he can handle the actual, real life, job of the president.  I think he just wants to win and then go home to his apartment on top of Trump Tower and hang a picture of himself being sworn in as president.

@Victoria33, I can't stand being surrounded by clutter and disorder, either.  I'm glad you put your room back together the way that you wanted it.

I don't understand why people would expect decent Supreme Court appointments from a man who said he doesn't mind if the Senate goes Democrat.  Or who self-identifies as partially Democrat (although we know it's more than that).

I know it has to be frustrating to try and talk sense to Bob's son, just as it is with my friend, but I guess they're desperate.  They don't want to hear. 

Trump cracking?  I wonder if it's already happening, because this is not the act of a mentally well person:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=218699.0

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2016, 11:59:49 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
What I want to tell you is, Bob's son lives in Ohio, the purple state and no candidate who has become president has won without Ohio.

@Victoria33

Actually, that's just since 1964. Ohio went for Nixon over JFK in 1960, for example.

The problem is people don't understand what "insane" actually means.  They should spend some time in a mental hospital and see what insane people are like.  I think it is entirely possible Trump can crack and be put there.

How many people did you see with NPD and no comorbidities?  Or without another dx being the primary reason for commitment?  Did you see many inpatients with Trump's condition?  My guess is not many.

I think he'd just not do the job or bow out with an inane excuse before cracking and going inpatient (either volume or invol).

I think he just wants to win and then go home to his apartment on top of Trump Tower and hang a picture of himself being sworn in as president.

Agreed.

I wouldn't say that as a blanket statement.  But with this guy's insanity, yes.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:10:40 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn