Author Topic: Indiana: Bucshon knocks Trump but will vote for him  (Read 221 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Indiana: Bucshon knocks Trump but will vote for him
« on: July 30, 2016, 03:34:26 pm »
Bucshon knocks Trump but will vote for him

Excerpt:

I'm going to vote for Donald Trump because he's a Republican," Bucshon said after an appearance at the Evansville Country Club. "I have some broad disagreements with some of the statements that he's made in the past. I'm hopeful that he'll focus on what his thoughts are about the future of America, stay away from political rhetoric that's divisive and move forward — and I have confidence he'll do that."

Noting that he backed Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for the GOP's presidential nomination, Bucshon called on Trump to look ahead. Unlike most Republican Party officials and officeholders, the brash real estate mogul has forcefully reminded voters about 1990s-era controversies involving Democrat Hillary Clinton and former President Bill Clinton.

Bucshon didn't mention Trump's forays into the Clintons' political past, but he left little doubt about his sentiments.

"These type of elections are about the future. Let's try to avoid the past as much as we can," Bucshon said. "Of course, people have records, both in business and, in Mrs. Clinton's case, on the political side. That will be part of the discussion, but the people I talk to in the district want to hear a message about what your plans are for the future."

Then, in response to a question, Bucshon got specific about his beef with Trump.

"When you start talking about having a religious test for people to come to the United States, that's against the Constitution. This country was founded on religious freedom," he said. "That was an unfortunate discussion that (Trump) brought up."

http://www.courierpress.com/news/politics/local/bucshon-knocks-trump-but-will-vote-for-him-38cb5d23-bd9f-581e-e053-0100007f8419-388741251.html