Author Topic: ‘I’m ashamed to have known you’: Conservatives rip Ann Coulter for ugly smear of hero soldier’s dad  (Read 11221 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Conservative writer and professional provocateur Ann Coulter may have finally gone too far Thursday night after mocking the Muslim father of a U.S. Army captain who died while saving ten of his fellow soldiers in Iraq in 2004.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/im-ashamed-to-have-known-you-conservatives-rip-ann-coulter-for-ugly-smear-of-hero-marines-dad/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
After all the crazy crap she's spouted for the past year they get upset about this?

Offline Cripplecreek

She lost me some time ago, and I used to be a big fan (before she went completely nuts).  The last last LAST straw was her comments about Jews during one of the GOP primary debates.  I have no interest in anything she has to say ever again.

Saying Trump could perform abortions in the white house for all she cares as long as he builds a wall.

Offline Crazieman

She lost me some time ago, and I used to be a big fan (before she went completely nuts).  The last last LAST straw was her comments about Jews during one of the GOP primary debates.  I have no interest in anything she has to say ever again.

Sad watching people go insane.

I have most of her books, pre-insanity.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline sinkspur

She's a bottle-a-night girl.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LadyLiberty

Offline Cripplecreek

I'm a big league pro. I got both Coulter and Ingram to block me in 1 tweet.

Somebody asked them what the difference was between them and I said "About 50 mg of Haldol".  :silly:

Offline sinkspur

After Trump loses, Ann will find a home on VDare and on the alt-right forums on Twitter.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

She's a bottle-a-night girl.

Plus, when she said she was packin', who knew it was Marlboros???
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Yeah.  The list of appalling statements is long.  She has also become very hard and vulgar.  I want nothing to do with her.

I am ashamed I used to like her.  Disgusting.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Her insanity began at least 15 years ago: L’Affaire Coulter: Goodbye to all that.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:55:02 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline UMichConservative

Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, and FR have all gone full blown alt-right.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, and FR have all gone full blown alt-right.

The freeping of politics; where hate and division drive out values and standards.

Offline Idiot

She dated Bill Maher....nothing else needs to be said.

Offline skeeter

One thing you have to admit about Trump, he sure is winnowing the field.

There is now a long list of personalities I realize I'll never have to take seriously again.

Wingnut

She lost me when she went gaga over Christie.

Even a years supply of Mydol and a ham sammich couldn't save her after that.

Offline Crazieman

Somebody asked them what the difference was between them and I said "About 50 mg of Haldol".  :silly:

HAH!
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline GilesB

My sympathies are with the parents of the fallen soldier....but I was still able to see the left-wing Hillary butt-kissing in his speech.  I don't like liberals and their political philosophy - period!  And I will not be co-opted by emotional horse crap.   There were two reasons he spoke at the convention:  He is muslim, and he was willing to repeat the dem propaganda; I don't care who you are....if you want to spread the dem lies and propaganda - and use the grave of your hero son to do it - I will have ZERO respect for you.  Sympathy, yes.  Respect, absolutely not.  Hillary doesn't give one tinker's dam that his son served and died....EXCEPT for her own political benefit - she played the father, and many "conservatives" like a Strad.

Ann just happened to point out the fact that the dems had no interest in Khan's service or patriotism - they just wanted to use his father, and Dad was apparently eager to be used.

There was a smear of the dems in her tweet, and Zakaria was smeared - Khan was NOT smeared - but the dems screamed because they understood that their craven motivations might be revealed.  I am more disappointed in Podhoritz than I am Ann.  Podhoritz has made it all the way to the enemy camp.

Offline kevindavis007

They haven't block me yet.. Yet, I call them names..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline uglybiker

After Trump loses, Ann will find a home on VDare and on the alt-right forums on Twitter.

That or she'll be shacking up in a van down by the river with TLBSHOW.  :smokin:
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
My sympathies are with the parents of the fallen soldier....but I was still able to see the left-wing Hillary butt-kissing in his speech.  I don't like liberals and their political philosophy - period!  And I will not be co-opted by emotional horse crap.   There were two reasons he spoke at the convention:  He is muslim, and he was willing to repeat the dem propaganda; I don't care who you are....if you want to spread the dem lies and propaganda - and use the grave of your hero son to do it - I will have ZERO respect for you.  Sympathy, yes.  Respect, absolutely not.  Hillary doesn't give one tinker's dam that his son served and died....EXCEPT for her own political benefit - she played the father, and many "conservatives" like a Strad.

Ann just happened to point out the fact that the dems had no interest in Khan's service or patriotism - they just wanted to use his father, and Dad was apparently eager to be used.

There was a smear of the dems in her tweet, and Zakaria was smeared - Khan was NOT smeared - but the dems screamed because they understood that their craven motivations might be revealed.  I am more disappointed in Podhoritz than I am Ann.  Podhoritz has made it all the way to the enemy camp.

I will not argue with all that you said particularly that Khizr Khan appearance was political, of course it was. Then again what about the speakers of the GOP convention?  Mary Ann Mendoza, Sabine Durden, & Jamiel Shaw whose children were killed by illegals? Karen Vaughn whose son was killed in Afghanistan? Were those not politicized?

As to Coulter’s tweet:

Ann Coulter ✔ @AnnCoulter
You know what this convention really needed? An angry Muslim with a thick accent like Fareed Zacaria.
9:19 PM - 28 Jul 2016

First of all, in her Tweet, she was implying that there was something wrong or un-American because of Khan having a thick accent like Fareed Zacaria (correctly spelled Fareed Zakaria and who, while I don’t like him at all as a journalist or for his political view, is a naturalized American citizen originally from India and is a self-described secular and non-practicing Muslim).

Had Coulter stated more of what you stated above in your first two paragraphs, that would have been fair game and would have made a valid point, but no, Coulter had to go with the cheap shot of pointing out the man’s accent, Coulter becoming ever increasingly bigoted and losing focus on or making any meaningful comments.

And that brings me to my last point.

My father was born in Norway and he came here with his recently widowed mother in the late 1920’s when he was about 6 years old and neither could speak a lick of English. She met and married a man who was also and immigrant from Norway and they had two children together, my uncles.

The day after the attack on Pearl Harbor, my father who had just turned 18 tried to enlist but was turned down because he was not yet a naturalized American citizen (and neither were his mother and step father yet.)  But less than a year later he was drafted (go figure).

My father served with honor, distinction and valor (several metals for valor in combat) in the US Army in the SPT and was wounded twice (two Purple Hearts).

He officially became a naturalized American citizen shortly after the war, after he and my mother were married and my older brother was born.  And I say “officially” because the judge who presided over his swearing in said that due to his service, it was a legal formality. My grandmother and grandfather also became naturalized citizens around the same time.

My grandparent however still had their thick “foreign accents” but were proud of their son and of their country – the United Stated of America and flew an American flag in front of their house every day my father was overseas.

If Ann Coulter wants to be taken seriously (ever again) she needs to get off Twitter, lay off the insults and start saying things of substance.  Just as someone else should do.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Silver Pines

@Crazieman

So did I.  Recently, though, I decided I didn't want them in the house anymore.  I knew it would be an empty gesture to throw them out---after all, the money went into her pocket long ago---but I knew it would feel really good.  Also, I just didn't want them around. 

So that idea went to the back of my mind until one day I noticed an empty space on the shelves.  I looked more closely and noticed that Coulter's books were gone.  I asked my husband where they were, and he said, "At the dump."    :laugh:

Silver Pines

Yeah.  The list of appalling statements is long.  She has also become very hard and vulgar.  I want nothing to do with her.

She's probably bitter because no man would marry her. 

Offline Cripplecreek

@Crazieman

So did I.  Recently, though, I decided I didn't want them in the house anymore.  I knew it would be an empty gesture to throw them out---after all, the money went into her pocket long ago---but I knew it would feel really good.  Also, I just didn't want them around. 

So that idea went to the back of my mind until one day I noticed an empty space on the shelves.  I looked more closely and noticed that Coulter's books were gone.  I asked my husband where they were, and he said, "At the dump."    :laugh:

I just got my copy of "A Time for Truth" by Ted Cruz this morning. :patriot:

Silver Pines

@Cripplecreek

:rolling: