Author Topic: Trump: Republicans 'have no choice' but to vote for me  (Read 17989 times)

Oceander

Re: Trump: Republicans 'have no choice' but to vote for me
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 01:40:10 am »
If Trump were to be elected, I predict that the Scalia appointment will be the only appointment he gets to make.  Unless somebody dies in office, this Supreme Court argument is just bogus.

Gotta disagree.  So many of them are of extremely advanced age, that it's a virtual guarantee that at least one more will leave the Court in the next four years.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2016, 01:41:28 am »
???  Have you done any research on this??? The Supreme Court argument is NOT bogus.  Consider their ages.  Only 3 Supreme Court justices are under 65 years of age. One needs to be appointed to replace Scalia and 2 are in their 80's.  That's 3 supreme courts justices that will more than likely be appointed within the next 4 years.

Justice Ruth Ginsburg      - 83

Justice Anthony Kennedy  - 80

Justice Stephen Bryer - 77

Justice Clarence Thomas - 68

Justice Samuel Alito - 66

Justice Sonya Sotomayer - 62

Justice John Roberts - 61

Ginsburg would be wheeled in in an iron lung before she'd let Trump replace her. And Kennedy seems to be pretty healthy and shows no sign of wanting to quit.

Let's face it.  These guys don't work that hard.  Their law clerks write all their opinions.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2016, 01:43:30 am »
Ginsburg would be wheeled in in an iron lung before she'd let Trump replace her. And Kennedy seems to be pretty healthy and shows no sign of wanting to quit.

Let's face it.  These guys don't work that hard.  Their law clerks write all their opinions.

Ginsberg is not healthy and has already had a  bout with pancreatic cancer   The odds of her making it another 4 years are not great
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:44:09 am by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Wingnut

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2016, 01:44:04 am »
Look at this loser cannon.  Our cannons don't win anymore

Frank Cannon is a winner.   :beer:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:47:04 am by Wingnut »

Online libertybele

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2016, 01:46:42 am »
Reality check.  The conventions are over.  Trump is still acting like a bombastic buffoon.  I predict he will continue to back pedal on issues and continue to attack everyone else but Hillary; by the end of September his supporters will realize they've been duped!

Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing the first female president of the United States; Hillary Rhodam Clinton!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2016, 01:48:16 am »
Ginsberg is not healthy and has already had a  bout with pancreatic cancer   The odds of her making it another 4 years are not great

John Paul Stevens stayed on the court until he was 87.   You may well be right about Ginsburg, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2016, 01:49:37 am »
Frank Cannon is a winner.   :beer:

I defer.  Frank Cannon IS a winner.

One thing's for damn sure. OUR Frank Cannon is a winner.

I expect he'll mosey in after the bars close.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:50:18 am by sinkspur »

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2016, 01:51:13 am »
John Paul Stevens stayed on the court until he was 87.   You may well be right about Ginsburg, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Maybe that's a feature we can add to the forum:  betting pools on things like that!

Wingnut

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2016, 01:52:50 am »
I defer.  Frank Cannon IS a winner.

One thing's for damn sure. OUR Frank Cannon is a winner.

I expect he'll mosey in after the bars close.

He's using Uber now to Bar Hop.  The Mark is in the shop. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2016, 01:59:07 am »
Maybe that's a feature we can add to the forum:  betting pools on things like that!

You're on.  I bet that within the next 4 years, 3 justices will need to be appointed.  The odds of someone who has/is battling pancreatic cancer at the age of 83 living too many more years is slim.  At 83 she's no spring chicken -- and Kennedy is 80.  How if they just want to finally retire?? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2016, 02:03:52 am »
You're on.  I bet that within the next 4 years, 3 justices will need to be appointed.  The odds of someone who has/is battling pancreatic cancer at the age of 83 living too many more years is slim.  At 83 she's no spring chicken -- and Kennedy is 80.  How if they just want to finally retire??

She's not worn out. She's just gathering her strength.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online libertybele

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2016, 02:04:39 am »
I agree with your prediction and it makes me ill.  The alternative also makes me ill.  Bring on the comedy team.  It's all we have left.

Agreed ... we're going to need a whole lot of comedy in the next four years and I'm stocking up on some really good Scotch right now.

geronl

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2016, 02:15:15 am »
Read the transcript of Trump's speech.  He promised to replace the Scala seat with a like minded justice. 

and what would make anyone believe that?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2016, 02:20:20 am »

And that is probably the only reason I will vote for Trump..I have to take him at his word that he will appoint a conserv Justice and now with Pence as VP he probably will.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2016, 02:25:04 am »
And that is probably the only reason I will vote for Trump..I have to take him at his word that he will appoint a conserv Justice and now with Pence as VP he probably will.....

Trump is Trump and Trump is going to do what he wants and I really don't see him listening to anyone, including Pence.  He selected Pence hoping to get conservative votes and nothing more than that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2016, 02:28:34 am »
I can't explain Christians going with Trump.  They have been supporting him even early in the Primaries.  Makes me wonder about the body.

I would say to Trump don't bet on it.  I have a choice and I won't be bullied by Trump.

The Evangelical Church is more interested in prosperity and coffee and donuts during "worship" than in righteousness and truth.

I believe that's how we can explain their support of Trump.

The Church has lost sight of Biblical truth in favor of getting rich by following a fake Jesus.

Trump fits their "theology."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2016, 02:29:03 am »

There is no evidence he would ever appoint a conservative justice.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2016, 02:29:34 am »
Trump is Trump and Trump is going to do what he wants and I really don't see him listening to anyone, including Pence.  He selected Pence hoping to get conservative votes and nothing more than that.

Yep.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2016, 02:31:01 am »
I can't explain Christians going with Trump.  They have been supporting him even early in the Primaries. 

I'm not sure now, but during the primaries, if you dug deeper into the polling, a majority of people who self-identified as "evangelical Christians" were for Trump, but a majority of those who identified as evangelical Christians and went to church at least once weekly were for Cruz.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online libertybele

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2016, 02:34:09 am »
The Evangelical Church is more interested in prosperity and coffee and donuts during "worship" than in righteousness and truth.

I believe that's how we can explain their support of Trump.

The Church has lost sight of Biblical truth in favor of getting rich by following a fake Jesus.

Trump fits their "theology."

I tend to agree with you.  I attended an Evangelical Church for about 6 months and I couldn't believe some of their sermons - target those who are desperate and in need and give them what they need IF they profess to love Jesus and are willing to say that they are born again and convince others who are desperate to do the same.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2016, 02:35:46 am »
There is no evidence he would ever appoint a conservative justice.

Well he said he would...that's all I have to go on...lol...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

geronl

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2016, 02:36:38 am »
BTW, has Trump bought any TV ads??

Online libertybele

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2016, 02:38:19 am »
Well he said he would...that's all I have to go on...lol...

Understood.  The Trump supporters (or at least those who plan on voting for Trump) that I have talked to all tell me basically the same thing -- that's what he says he's going to do and that's at least better than what they know Hillary will absolutely do.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2016, 02:38:20 am »
BTW, has Trump bought any TV ads??

I've seen a few here in Il but bought by some Pac's....not him or the RNC
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2016, 02:40:33 am »
Understood.  The Trump supporters (or at least those who plan on voting for Trump) that I have talked to all tell me basically the same thing -- that's what he says he's going to do and that's at least better than what they know Hillary will absolutely do.

It's not that I want to believe me...in fact I am sick about it..I just can't bare the thought of seeing the Clintons in the WH again......and that really is the only way I can convince myself....
Support the USO