Author Topic: Levin: Why aren't conservatives LIVID about Trump's minimum wage flip flop?  (Read 1405 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
During a lengthy press conference Wednesday, Trump recanted his former intentions to leave minimum wage alone, instead saying he would raise it to $10 an hour.

Trump has been back-and-forth so often on minimum wage policy it's surprising that he doesn’t have whiplash. At any rate, Mark Levin wasn’t afraid to call Trump out on the flip-flop during his radio program Wednesday night.

“This is economic illiteracy,” said Levin. “Raising the minimum wage eviscerates jobs for the ‘little people’ – the unskilled and no-skilled.”...

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/07/levin-why-arent-conservatives-livid-about-trumps-minimum-wage-flip-flop#sthash.ms7sVGEh.dpuf

Offline WAC

Because most companies are already close to paying this now.

Offline Frank Cannon

Why aren't conservatives LIVID about Trump's minimum wage flip flop?

Conservatives are livid......the progressive hack Trump junkies are the ones who love big govt' in all it's forms.

Offline Frank Cannon

Then why did your impudent hero propose it if wages are there already?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

There is a reason why larger companies try to push the government for higher minimum wage, they use it as a tool against competitors, especially smaller ones. S-Mart, for example, can eat the cost of a minimum wage hike, but that would destroy mom and pop competitors in most markets, so the wage hike is washed with their taking out a competitor.  As long as they stay ahead of the game and buy the right agenda, they can manipulate it in their favor-

aka, Cronyism

geronl

real conservative would be,  if he were their candidate

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Why would his supporters be livid about this? Its just one more blatant lie or flip flop of a long line of them.

Its pretty much par for the course of the Trump campaign since day one beginning with his self funding lie.
We have to let Syrians come here.
BAN ALL MUSLIMS
Ok let some muslims come here

I'll make Trey Gowdy my AG
Trey Gowdy got steamrolled by Clinton and let her go, useless

Putin told me in while we were in the green room.
Putin was in a greenroom for the same show on another continent
I've never met Putin

Rafael Cruz was with Lee Harvey Oswald
No I don't really believe it but I wanted to win
Rafael Cruz has never denied it.

Gonna build a wall to keep murderin rapin mexicans out
but we'll let the good ones back in
and it will be more of a virtual wall.

And on and on and on.

As I've gotten older I think a lot more about my final judgement and I'm real glad I do because I can think about how I'll need to answer.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Because we are so used to flip flops from Trump!  They happen at a prodigious rate you know!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

Why would his supporters be livid about this? Its just one more blatant lie or flip flop of a long line of them.

Its pretty much par for the course of the Trump campaign since day one beginning with his self funding lie.
We have to let Syrians come here.
BAN ALL MUSLIMS
Ok let some muslims come here

I'll make Trey Gowdy my AG
Trey Gowdy got steamrolled by Clinton and let her go, useless

Putin told me in while we were in the green room.
Putin was in a greenroom for the same show on another continent
I've never met Putin

Rafael Cruz was with Lee Harvey Oswald
No I don't really believe it but I wanted to win
Rafael Cruz has never denied it.

Gonna build a wall to keep murderin rapin mexicans out
but we'll let the good ones back in
and it will be more of a virtual wall.

And on and on and on.

As I've gotten older I think a lot more about my final judgement and I'm real glad I do because I can think about how I'll need to answer.

I'm going to add to your comment about Putin.  In the presser he gave yesterday he actually said he didn't know who Putin was.

"I never met Putin.  I don't know who Putin is."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:35:40 am by RoosGirl »

Offline DB

Whatever conservative credentials you've had you're flushing down the Trump toilet. Minimum wage is a barrier to unskilled employment and you are only making the barrier higher creating more hopelessness.

Offline LMAO

Because he's playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers
It's a nothing burger
It will bring in Bernie voters
Companies already are close to paying it, anyways
It takes the issue off the table so the Democrats can't use it against him
Most Americans are for the MW
You only have two choices this election and not voting Trump helps Hillary

These are some of the excuses I've seen.

So high tariffs and raising the minimum wage and universal childcare are supposed to assist in job creation? Let Hillary say the same things that Trump has and his supporters will do a 180 and oppose these things
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:14:05 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Whatever conservative credentials you've had you're flushing down the Trump toilet. Minimum wage is a barrier to unskilled employment and you are only making the barrier higher creating more hopelessness.

Yeah but it'll be Trump creating the hopelessness therefore it's ok
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goodwithagun

Because wall, and veterans, and YUGE! Seriously it's like that ADHD meme: What do we want? A CURE FOR ADHD! When do we want it? SQUIRRELL!
I stand with Roosgirl.