Author Topic: Rush: You Want Change? Trump Is It  (Read 2180 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: You Want Change? Trump Is It
« on: July 27, 2016, 08:35:48 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/07/27/you_want_change_trump_is_it

You Want Change? Trump Is It
July 27, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You want to talk about change? Last night the theme of the Democrat convention, the theme of the Bill Clinton speech -- and there were many in there. But one of the big themes was that Hillary's a change-maker.  Why, she makes more change and better change and she changes it better -- change this, more change -- than anybody.  He saw that when she was wearing Coke-bottle glasses and a cute little print white dress and so forth, standing in a registration line in Harvard or Yale or whatever.

He knew the minute he looked at her she was an agent of change.  "I tell you what, she'd want to change and you'd better be prepared 'cause it's gonna get changed."  And it's a crock.  It hasn't been any change.  We've had 30 years of we know what's coming.  Hillary hasn't changed.  He couldn't list the changes.  But if you want to talk about change, Donald Trump has done more to change the political landscape and the political dialogue in this country than any of the people on the Democrat National Convention stage the last two nights.

Trump has never once held political office.

He's done all of this with simply the power of his personality.  He does not have a lapdog media.  He does not have a media that clears the decks for him.  He doesn't have a media that covers up for him.  He doesn't have a media that fawns over him.  He's got an adversarial media that's doing its best to destroy him every day.  And what he's doing is saying things that a lot of people are thinking, but nobody in national politics has been willing to say, because they are shackled by either fear or political correctness or a combination of the two.

You want to talk about change.  Is there anybody else that you know who could hijack from the most powerful media institutions in the world the coverage of the Democrat National Convention less than 12 hours after it finished?  Is there anybody?  And they had some pretty bad star power on the stage last. I couldn't believe they brought out there. (interruption) Well, no, I understood the Meryl Streep and I understood what's her name. Lena Dunham.

Here's a woman who admittedly sexually harassed her own sister or molested her own sister. She did, right?  They bring her out. She has this fake, phony, false rape accusation story at Oberlin University where she went.  She fits right in.  Fake, phony, lie. She fits right in with them.  The guy I couldn't believe they brought out was Tony Goldwyn.  Who's Tony Goldwyn?  Tony Goldwyn place the president on the TV show Scandal, and you know what he's known for?

Sleeping with anything that walks in the office. (interruption) Well, that's what I mean.  Why would you...? On a night where you're gonna have "the big dog" come up and gloss over all of that, why would you bring out a guy who plays the exact character on television?  But they did.  Just... I don't know.  I'm eating it up. (interruption) Yeah, I'm surprised that that didn't get more attention, but I did note that Michael Brown's mom didn't speak, and I think that was very smart of them.

She was gonna be one of the prominent speakers, and she ended up not speaking, and that was very, very wise, because she was gonna tell a story that didn't happen.  I really am glad for whatever happened that made them decide to not let her speak, 'cause if she had, who knows what might have happened.  That whole thing is a lie.  That whole thing is half the reason these protests are still going on outside the arena, half the reason Black Lives Matter still has any credibility.

It's based on a lie, that whole "hands up, don't shoot" out of Ferguson.  And if they had let her speak last night and continue this, they would have had whatever blood on their hands resulting from it. So somebody... I don't know. (interruption) The actress who hosted that segment?  I don't know.  I don't know.  I just am glad that somebody... There obviously was an adult somewhere in there, and I think only three or four of them actually spoke, right?

And only one of them that spoke actually had experience with a police officer shooting their kid.  The others -- and then we wake up today, and we find out that all charges against all remaining cops have been dropped in Baltimore.  Well, that means it's time for Marilyn Mosby to keynote the convention tonight.  I mean, the Democrats reward failure.  I mean, that's how you rise in the Democrat Party: Failure big time, the bigger the better.

Like Jimmy Carter, the bigger failure you are, the more prominent they make you.  Dan Rather ditto in the media.  So I think it's time for Marilyn Mosby to get her... She tried.  She tried to advance the Democrat Party agenda.  She did everything she could to get all those cops locked up for life.  Who cares that she bombed out? She tried!  She put her career on the line.  It's time for them to reward her tonight.  Marilyn Mosby, the DA, state attorney, whatever they call her in Baltimore.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rush: You Want Change? Trump Is It
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 08:39:45 pm »
I don't 'hope for change'.

I wanted a limited government constrained by the Constitution that maximizes and respects individual liberty.

We saw what change for change sake gets you.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 08:40:47 pm »

I wanted a limited government constrained by the Constitution that maximizes and respects individual liberty.

:amen:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:44:04 pm »

Therefore you are out of touch with voters. They worry about security, immigration, government and the economy.

Check out Gallup.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1675/most-important-problem.aspx
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 08:44:38 pm »

Yup, I wanted a return to Coolidge/Reagan republicanism.

Instead we get Obama in all new Tangerine.

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 08:47:06 pm »
Therefore you are out of touch with voters. They worry about security, immigration, government and the economy.

Check out Gallup.

Yes I am out of touch with the voters - voters who believe the orange con man will deliver any of that while remaining constrained to the limitations of the Constitution and not just be another version of the old boss using the government as a hammer.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 08:48:36 pm »

Check out Gallup.

I couldn't care less if I were the last voter in the nation who wasn't on board with your movement.

Without the Constitution we are just another autocracy/kleptocracy/oligarchy. I don't want to live that way.

I wonder if Rush, Hannity and the rest will drop the pretense to conservatism now that they're Trump fans.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:50:36 pm by skeeter »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 08:50:39 pm »
No thanks Rush.

We are not interested in the change from Constitutional Conservatism to NY Liberal Nationalist Populist Fascism.

You and your golf pal are welcome to it all on your lonesome.

We're moving on from you, your party and your champion.

That you articulate Liberalism as some kind of 'change' that's sold as a benefit to Conservatives is pretty disgusting considering what you sold us on for 28 years.

You and your party are Apostates to our principles.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 08:52:37 pm »

Check out Gallup.

Yes.   They DO NOT worry about terrorism (4%), crime (3%), and lack of military defense (2%), things that Trump emphasizes all the time.

Trump rarely talks about the economy, and he NEVER talks about dissatisfaction with  government (13%), except when he's inflating what he envisions his role to be.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 08:55:13 pm »
Rush has become unintelligible defending Trump. So has Hannity going on about how terrible Cruz is for not endorsing and then going after Bernie for endorsing.

Are these people on crack or are they just getting payoffs from the Trump campaign?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 09:03:26 pm »
Rush has become unintelligible defending Trump. So has Hannity going on about how terrible Cruz is for not endorsing and then going after Bernie for endorsing.

Are these people on crack or are they just getting payoffs from the Trump campaign?

The pair of ninnies on the morning radio in my market called Cruz a "crass opportunist" for not endorsing Trump, but Sanders a "sell out conman" for endorsing Clinton.

Schizophrenia reigns supreme in the Trump camp.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:05:03 pm by skeeter »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 09:09:50 pm »
Yes I am out of touch with the voters - voters who believe the orange con man will deliver any of that while remaining constrained to the limitations of the Constitution and not just be another version of the old boss using the government as a hammer.

Is it your job, as "Social Media Advisor" to drive traffic here ??

This site dropped in Alexa US ranking, from 129,795 one month ago, to 169,088 at present.

Perhaps the single topic obsession, #nevertrump, is hurting, not helping ??

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 09:11:29 pm »
Rush is going to go down with Trump.

Rush is now shilling for a big-government, pro-abort, pro-sodomite-sham-marriage, Smoot-Hawley, pro-trade-barriers social-engineering crony leftist.  AND ONE WHO LIES - and SLANDERS not only his opponent, but non-political members of former opponent's families.  SLANDER.  LIES.

EVERYTHING Rush claimed to believe he's now jettisoning because there's a big R on the guy's hat.

Limbaugh just proved himself as irrelevant as Billy O'Toole on the Faux Nooze Nutwork.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:12:30 pm by JustPassinThru »

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 09:17:47 pm »
I have been a member of Rush's podcast service for SEVEN YEARS.

I just now cancelled.  I will not again pay money for his shilling and spinning.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 09:23:12 pm »

This site dropped in Alexa US ranking, from 129,795 one month ago, to 169,088 at present.

How is GOPB doing compared to six months ago?

Serious question - I don't want to download the app.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 09:25:12 pm »
"Without us, Free Republic is going to be destroyed."

"Without us, Fox news is going to be destroyed."

"Without us the GOP is going to be destroyed."

"Without us, Rush Limbaugh is going to be destroyed."

I have been reading these predictions for many, many years.

Offline ABX

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 09:27:16 pm »

Alexa stopped direct indexing of 'packaged' forums a couple of years ago (ie forums that use out of the box forum software like we do here) . Before that, we were in the 40K range. Now, if we want Alexa ranking, we have to pay for it- which we won't. Alexa also tracks data using their toolbar add ons for browsers and with the advent of Edge on Windows 10 and more mobile browsers that their toolbar doesn't work with, you will notice an almost across the board drop in traffic rankings there.  I don't believe we even have the bot script on the page for them any more. It is pretty much an outdated ranking method (especially compared to Google Analytics)
(example, FR had a 20% search traffic drop over the same time period and shows a big traffic drop even though logic would indicate this time of year it would be going up - http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/freerepublic.com )

But since you brought it up, our traffic is actually skyrocketing.  We have been seeing record traffic, to the point, we are getting more visits per month now, than we were in an entire year a few years ago.

You can follow the traffic rankings on this thread.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,193946.0.html

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 09:27:40 pm »

I do not know.

Offline ABX

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 09:29:54 pm »

We are on track to come close to doubling our traffic in 6 months (probably will officially double traffic over a 9 month period by September)

June we had 2.9 Million page views.
December 2015 we had 1.7 Million page views
January 2016 we had 1.7 Million page views

To put that in comparison, for all of 2011 we only had 1.6 Million page views.

I think anyone can access and follow the stats here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=stats
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:31:02 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 09:33:30 pm »
Regarding dropping political websites and forums off Alexa rankings, we actually had a thread on it in 2014.
(note, the images are no longer accurate as they were live updated images but you can can follow the comments to understand what happened).

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=151332.0

Offline ABX

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 09:36:53 pm »
...so to answer your question...

IF that's the reason you ascribe to traffic, that means that particular topic has actually doubled our traffic.

If you think it is one sided, absolutely nothing is stopping you from posting more pro-Trump pieces. We aren't Free Republic forcing one singular orthodoxy. No one is stopping you from posting as many pro-Trump pieces as you want except yourself.

At that, I encourage it. the more content, the more traffic we'll get.

So go for it. Be the change you want to see.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 09:38:40 pm »
We are on track to come close to doubling our traffic in 6 months (probably will officially double traffic over a 9 month period by September)

June we had 2.9 Million page views.
December 2015 we had 1.7 Million page views
January 2016 we had 1.7 Million page views

To put that in comparison, for all of 2011 we only had 1.6 Million page views.

I think anyone can access and follow the stats here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=stats

Thats kinda what I expected to see.

Offline ABX

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 09:45:40 pm »
And just for scats and giggles, for the time frame the prior poster saw a drop here, webmasters were seeing it across all websites.
http://www.mybloggertricks.com/2016/05/alexa-rank-dropping-fast.html

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 09:47:21 pm »

888ohnoes
Having principles might make you less popular, better toss them overboard.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 09:48:20 pm »
"Without us, Free Republic is going to be destroyed."

"Without us, Fox news is going to be destroyed."

"Without us the GOP is going to be destroyed."

"Without us, Rush Limbaugh is going to be destroyed."

I have been reading these predictions for many, many years.
Both presidents Romney and McCain did excellent without us.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour