Author Topic: Rush: Trump Hijacks the Democrat Convention  (Read 790 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Trump Hijacks the Democrat Convention
« on: July 27, 2016, 05:51:24 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/07/27/trump_hijacks_the_democrat_convention

Trump Hijacks the Democrat Convention
July 27, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  I really don't believe that I have ever seen what I just saw.  I've been thinking.  I've been trying to dig deep into the dark crevices of my memory, and I don't think I've ever seen what I just saw.  Donald Trump just hijacked the Democrat convention after the biggest night of that convention so far.  Donald Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, just concluded, right in time for this program to begin. (They got the memo.)

He just concluded a freewheeling, no-holds-barred, no-controls-on-the-media, "Whatever you want to ask me, ask me," press conference the day after the supposedly biggest event yet in the Democrat National Convention. He just totally hijacked it, and he was brilliant.  He was on his game.  This was the Trump from last fall.  He was confident, he was hilarious, he was taking no BS from any in the media. He was challenging Hillary to do the same thing and calling her out, saying she hasn't done a press conference in over a year.

And she can't do what Trump did today.  Hillary Clinton intellectually, personality-wise, is not capable. She's not capable of doing what Donald Trump did today.  I have never seen a Republican presidential nominee even get involved in the Democrat convention.  My experience is that the playbook in the professional, insider world of politics is that when one party is having its convention, the other party goes silent.

They don't run any ads, they don't do any press conferences, they don't do any appearances -- or very few.  It's a courtesy.  It's a courtesy and tradition, I guess, that's been extended.  There have been violations, of course, here and there over the years. But for the most part, it is a time-honored tradition that has been honored.  Now, during the Republican convention, yeah, the Democrats have daily reaction to it; that always happens.

But what Trump did today, I have never seen in my lifetime: A Republican presidential nominee go out and do a 10-minute, 30-minute, much less one-hour press conference and just refuting everything he's heard at the Democrat convention to date. He just blew it up.  And, in addition to that, he answered questions about this email business and the hack and the Russians and so forth.

It just has the media outraged.  They can't believe that Trump said some of the things that he said when he was commenting before he took questions on the speech by Bill Clinton last night -- which we're gonna get into, of course.  Hang in there.  Trump said -- and this is classic. This is a classic demonstration that he has a performer's ego and understands how to deploy it. He said, "I kept waiting.

"There was a chapter in that story I recall and I wanted to hear about it. I kept waiting for it and waiting for it; I never heard that chapter."  He was waiting for the media to ask, "What chapter, Mr. Trump? What chapter?"  And he wasn't gonna answer the question ever.  That was the point.  But he teased 'em. He titillated 'em.  "I kept waiting to hear the one chapter. The speech was actually kind of boring," Trump said of Clinton's speech.  "It was actually kind of boring.

"I was waiting for the one chapter that could have jazzed it up, but I didn't hear that chapter."  Well, everybody knows what he's referring to.  The thing... And there were a couple of them today. We are working on rolling off the audio right now, so I'm just giving you snippets from my extensive memory, and I'm paraphrasing things that Trump said. But this one, this one... I mean, the media everywhere on both sides of the aisle is just about to have a cow over this one.

"Mr. Trump! Mr. Trump! Do you have a relationship with the Russians?  Do you have any relationship to the hack?  Are you...? Are you...? Are you having any relationship with Russians?"  Trump said, "I don't have any investments in Russia. I sold a guy a house. I sold a Russian oligarch a house in Palm Beach. I bought the place for $40 million and I flipped it for $100 million. It was a great deal, but I don't have any investments." But then he said, "I really hope the Russians can find Hillary's emails."

And you should have seen the explosion in the aftermath on cable networks of the roundtable discussions, particularly on CNN. They could barely keep everybody on camera.  They were jumping out of their seats like they were jacks-in-the-box.  "I can't believe what he just said!  He just said that he hopes the Russians intercede in the presidential election!  That's unbelievable!  I can't believe what I just saw!"  One Clintonista, one Clintonista...

One girl that was supporting Clinton just went absolutely bonkers over that.  They don't know how to deal with this.  They've never... The Democrats and the media, they've never had to deal with anything like this.  And I have to tell you something, folks.  When I got here -- all night last night and when I'm working on prepping the show this morning -- I am under the impression that the first thing I'm gonna talking about is Bill Clinton's speech last night.

I'm saying to myself, "What is there besides that? There isn't anything else.  That's the news.  That's the story."  And I know (because I know you) that you're dying to hear my take on that speech, and you will hear it in due course. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I am in awe here.  This just has not been done.  This is a literally hijacking.  Like I was saying, I expected the first thing out of my mouth today and for awhile was gonna be the Bill Clinton speech last night.  And I heard that Trump was gonna do a presser from Miami, and I said, "Okay, cool." But it wasn't until halfway through, maybe not even halfway through it that I realized the first thing I'm gonna do talking about today is Donald Trump, not Bill Clinton.

The first thing I'm gonna be talking about is Trump and this press conference and not Bill Clinton, not because of partisan preference, just because the news is the news.  And the Democrat convention and what happened last night is now old news because of what Donald Trump did today, and there isn't a Republican -- certainly not a Republican presidential nominee -- who's ever done anything like this or who would.

Pick one. George H. W. Bush? No. This would never happen. He would be too disrespectful. "Not prudent." George W. Bush? Double-down no way.  "Not gonna interfere in the political process. Not gonna sully, not gonna soil, not gonna dirty the process here by interceding in a political fashion. Not gonna do it. Not gonna go there." Who else?  Reagan? Maybe, but that's so... Who knows? But the point is, there isn't a Republican nominee, there isn't a Republican candidate for nominee who would do it.

And Trump was eating it up, and Trump had them eating out of the palm of his hand.  He got a question, a couple questions about gay marriage, and he finally told the infobabe (paraphrased), "Be quiet. I've answered that question a zillion times and I'm not answering it anymore. Next question."  This... I'm telling you this the Trump of late last summer, last fall dealing with these people.  The Trump today... Not that he vanished, but the Trump today is the Trump that got all that support, that had all that excited people, that had all that momentum behind him.

It was fun to watch, and it was right on.  He was clever, he was informed, and he was not stumped on a single question.  And he knew how to push their buttons.  He was measured. He was funny, not... I mean, you watch it. It was masterful when you see it.  And I know that some of you are not Trump people, and you might have a bit of resentment for this assessment.  I'm just telling you, as a performance, as a political event, it was primo. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: What Trump said during his press conference... He said, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 Hillary emails that were missing."

The media is beside itself.

The New York Times has already tweeted the following:  "Donald called on Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's email."  The thing about it is Trump is putting 'em all on. He's laughing silently with all of this stuff, and they're buying it! They have no sense of humor, particularly when you're laughing at them, when you're mocking. They can't... They have no tolerance. The party of tolerance and compassion, the party of Jon Stewart and all these mean-spirited media people, they can't take one-tenth of it tossed back to 'em.

And so here's Trump basically mocking them.  It's the media that doesn't care about Hillary's emails.  It's the FBI that didn't care about Hillary's emails.  And Trump knows that everybody knows that.  Trump knows that everybody thinks that Hillary's getting away with committing a crime that nobody else could get away with.  So Trump is saying, "Russia, I hope you can find these missing emails."

It's like an appeal; they're the last people we can go to for justice here. And it just ticks 'em off. "I can't believe what I just heard! Trump is actually suggesting that the Russians hack the Democrat Party and Hillary Clinton."  They do not have the slightest idea what he's doing.  I do.  I know it backwards and forwards.  And it's... Folks, it is so much fun to watch this knowing full well what's going on here and how it's impacting these people. 

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Rush: Trump Hijacks the Democrat Convention
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 11:05:46 pm »
Limbaugh is just flapping is gums at this point