Author Topic: George Will: Trump Won't Release Tax Returns Because They Show Russian Ties  (Read 2160 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=740618

George Will: Trump Won't Release Tax Returns Because They Show Russian Ties
Tuesday, July 26, 2016 04:28 PM

By: Theodore Bunker

Donald Trump refuses to release his tax returns because they might reveal that "he is deeply involved in dealing with Russia oligarchs," Fox News contributor George Will suggests.

The syndicated columnist has no tangible evidence to back up his claim, which he made on the network's "Special Report" live from the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. According to The Hill, Will made the comment after Robby Mook, Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, brought up the possibility that last week's leak of Democratic National Committee emails may have been perpetrated by Russian hackers with government ties. The leak led DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a Clinton ally, to resign.

"Both the campaign chair and anybody you talk to, including Sen. (Chris) Murphy (D-Conn.) would not go down that road once pressed on the connection between Russia and the Trump campaign," said Fox anchor Bret Baier. "But they have thrown it out there. George?"

Will replied that "it's the sort of thing we might learn if we saw the candidate's tax returns," which Trump has resisted making public. "Perhaps one more reason why we're not seeing his tax returns — because he is deeply involved in dealing with Russian oligarchs and others. Whether that's good, bad or indifferent, it's probably the reasonable surmise."

Will announced in June that he had abandoned the Republican Party because of Trump's rhetoric. "I decided that, in fact, this was not my party anymore," the columnist said.

Other theories about why Trump refuses to release his tax returns, according to The Washington Post, include:

He has minimized his taxes. Trump legally avoided paying New Jersey taxes for two years in the 1970s by reporting negative income. Trump has been questioned multiple times on his claims of charitable donations that haven't shown up on official records, and on his personal wealth, which he estimates to be $10 billion but others put at far lower amounts.

Possibly he worries his returns would reveal links to organized crime, something former candidate Mitt Romney mentioned in a May Facebook post. Fellow former candidate Ted Cruz alluded to this theory in February in an appearance on "Meet the Press," saying "There have been multiple media reports about Donald's business dealings with the mob, with the Mafia. Maybe his taxes show those business dealings are a lot more extensive than has been reported."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Well anyone can say anything about what type of disaster is in those tax returns and be 100% correct......because Donny won't release them. Worked out well the last time a candidate decided to not release them so why not shoot for the gold again.

Offline RedHead

Trump won't release his tax returns because they show he's worth a lot less than he claims.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Trump won't release his tax returns because they show he's worth a lot less than he claims.

Good bet.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Good bet.

I guess it doesn't take a significant skill level in accounting to be a government bean counter.

A tax return does NOT reveal Net Worth.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I guess it doesn't take a significant skill level in accounting to be a government bean counter.

Takes even less skill to be an ass****, as you have clearly demonstrated.

Income sources reveal a lot about someone's wealth.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Night Hides Not

IMO, George Will deserves to be fired for not offering any evidence to back up his story. I'm no fan of Trump, but this is beyond the pale.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sinkspur

But they do reveal sources of income and charitable donations.  Both of these would be areas of scrutiny.  Trump is a cheapskate, and, in comparison to Romney (who is worth much less), he'd surely be revealed to be the skinflint he is.

Also, who knows who he's in bed with in terms of investments?  Speculation is perfectly fine when Trump can resolve this easily.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
As everyone knows, Russian oligarchs always issue W2s when they pay people off.   :silly: 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Trump refuses to release his tax returns because they might reveal that "he is deeply involved in dealing with Russia oligarchs," Fox News contributor George Will suggests.

The syndicated columnist has no tangible evidence to back up his claim, which he made on the network's "Special Report" live from the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. According to The Hill, Will made the comment after Robby Mook, Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, brought up the possibility that last week's leak of Democratic National Committee emails may have been perpetrated by Russian hackers with government ties. The leak led DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a Clinton ally, to resign.

"Both the campaign chair and anybody you talk to, including Sen. (Chris) Murphy (D-Conn.) would not go down that road once pressed on the connection between Russia and the Trump campaign," said Fox anchor Bret Baier. "But they have thrown it out there. George?"

Will replied that "it's the sort of thing we might learn if we saw the candidate's tax returns," which Trump has resisted making public. "Perhaps one more reason why we're not seeing his tax returns — because he is deeply involved in dealing with Russian oligarchs and others. Whether that's good, bad or indifferent, it's probably the reasonable surmise."

Will announced in June that he had abandoned the Republican Party because of Trump's rhetoric. "I decided that, in fact, this was not my party anymore," the columnist said.

Other theories about why Trump refuses to release his tax returns, according to The Washington Post, include:

He has minimized his taxes. Trump legally avoided paying New Jersey taxes for two years in the 1970s by reporting negative income. Trump has been questioned multiple times on his claims of charitable donations that haven't shown up on official records, and on his personal wealth, which he estimates to be $10 billion but others put at far lower amounts.

Possibly he worries his returns would reveal links to organized crime, something former candidate Mitt Romney mentioned in a May Facebook post. Fellow former candidate Ted Cruz alluded to this theory in February in an appearance on "Meet the Press," saying "There have been multiple media reports about Donald's business dealings with the mob, with the Mafia. Maybe his taxes show those business dealings are a lot more extensive than has been reported."

Great to see this site, keeping up the pressure, using democrat sources for the #nevertrump campaign.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

IMO, George Will deserves to be fired for not offering any evidence to back up his story. I'm no fan of Trump, but this is beyond the pale.

Why?  It's legitimate to question Trump's investments, his income and his charitable contributions (or lack thereof).  Trump could make Will look foolish very easily, but he doesn't want to do it? 

Why?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Great to see this site, keeping up the pressure, using democrat sources for the #nevertrump campaign.
To paraphrase Trump: George Will has a very good record of being right. I've always wondered why he doesn't get a Pulitzer. And after all Trump has done nothing to denounce this charge.

I'd say Trump brought this on himself by endorsing the National Enquirer. I sense sarcasm here.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sinkspur

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  29m29 minutes ago
For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia.

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog  39s39 seconds ago
.@realDonaldTrump in Putin's portfolio, you're listed as a depreciating asset

Offline sinkspur

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  29m29 minutes ago
For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia.

Any loans?

Offline kevindavis007

If Trump has nothing to hide, he should show his taxes returns..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sinkspur

Offline LadyLiberty

Wingnut

You are going to be busier than a cat burying a turd on a frozen lake trying to defend the indefensible.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
But they do reveal sources of income and charitable donations.  Both of these would be areas of scrutiny.  Trump is a cheapskate, and, in comparison to Romney (who is worth much less), he'd surely be revealed to be the skinflint he is.

Also, who knows who he's in bed with in terms of investments?  Speculation is perfectly fine when Trump can resolve this easily.

Should be part of vetting.  People need to know what they are buying.  You don't buy a business without looking at the books.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Maybe ... but it gives us some excellent hints. 

What's your guess as to why he's keeping them hidden?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

Plausible

geronl

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog  39s39 seconds ago
.@realDonaldTrump in Putin's portfolio, you're listed as a depreciating asset

:silly:

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Since you own the place, @mystery-ak , do you have the powers to post an actual tweet? This one is great; Trump provides insults, self-flattery, and patriotism all in under 140 characters. He's getting so good! (And there are no misspellings to boot!) Maybe he should tweet early a.m. more often?

Some of the commentary at the thread is hilarious!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/758236300554174465

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  14m14 minutes ago
Funny how the failing @nytimes is pushing Dems narrative that Russia is working for me because Putin said "Trump is a genius." America 1st!
199 retweets 487 likes

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It can show how much liquidity he's got.  It can show whether he's really as charitable with his own money as he claims...and it will show if he is paying his "fair share" or not.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

This from the same person that believes the whole Lyin Ted fictional meme.

**nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!