Author Topic: Two South Carolina Soldiers Killed Defending Woman at Bar, Suspect Charged  (Read 766 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Two South Carolina Soldiers Killed Defending Woman at Bar, Suspect Charged

The military was mourning two soldiers Tuesday who were fatally shot while trying to protect a woman from a gun-toting man in a South Carolina bar.

Charles Allen Judge Jr., 40, and Jonathan Michael Prins, 29, "were acting as good Samaritans when they were shot," said Capt. Adam Myrick of the Lexington County Sheriff's Department.
Joseph Elijah Mills, 25, is charged with two counts of murder in Lexington County, South Carolina. Lexington County Sheriff's Office

And they paid for their bravery with their lives.

"We are shocked and saddened by the loss of Staff Sgt Judge," his commanding officer at the McCrady Training Center, Col. Renita Berry, said. "He was an outstanding instructor who served with great dedication and enthusiasm and demonstrated unwavering commitment to his peers, his students and this organization every day. He will be missed tremendously."

U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Van McCarty said he served with Judge in Iraq back in 2004 and called him a "Soldier's Soldier."

Prins was a drill sergeant at Fort Jackson who had served in Afghanistan and in Iraq.

More: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-south-carolina-soldiers-killed-defending-woman-bar-suspect-charged-n617081

Picture of accused killer at webpage; so this guy slammed a woman into the railing, the two soldiers went to help.  Must be a real "mad dog". Unbelievable that someone would have such a short temper, beat a woman at a public bar and be carrying.

The restaurant bar where this happened:

http://www.frayedknotsc.com/

It doesn't look like a dump but one never knows what can happen. In fact, it looks fairly nice.

I wonder if the soldiers knew this guy had a gun in the bar, was it concealed? They saw his act and tried to do good.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:24:06 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
May Saint Michael spread his wings over both of them.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

The accused said this at the court arraignment:
"I'm very sorry about what happened," Mills said at his arraignment Monday, The State newspaper reported. "I never meant for it to happen like that. I was being lynched by eight people because I was chasing a girl who grabbed drugs off the seat and took off running."

Wow. Will the guy plea self-defense?

Offline TomSea

http://www.wistv.com/story/32539963/bar-owner-on-footage-of-shooting-suspect-shot-men-walked-off-nonchalantly

So, his 3 children, maybe he's the one from neigboring, North Carolina.

These two came off of their boats as described below.

Brooks described the murders as horrific. He has been going through surveillance footage of the murders with investigators.   

"You see a girl running from the parking lot trying to flee the shooter by the docks as he starts beating on her," Brooks said.

Brooks said the surveillance video shows nearly 10 people attempting to stop Mills, 25, from beating a woman. Mills told a judge on Monday that the woman stole drugs from him.

"After they got him off and pushed him down that's when he got on the ground and fired shots," Brooks said.

Brooks said that's when Prins and Judge, who he called friends, heard the shots, got off their boats, and ran toward the gunfire.

"They're trying to calm him down and then he shoots them and then ends up walking off nonchalantly," Brooks said. "Like if you were walking down an aisle at a grocery store and you were shopping at a grocery store. He put a shirt kind of over his head to cover his face and just kind of walked off like nothing never happened.”
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:36:57 pm by TomSea »