Author Topic: The creator of the viral pro-Trump act ‘USA Freedom Kids’ now plans to sue the campaign  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/26/the-creator-of-the-viral-pro-trump-act-usa-freedom-kids-now-plans-to-sue-the-campaign/

You remember the video: Three preteen girls in star-spangled outfits crisply working through simple choreography as they lip-synced an upbeat update to "Over There."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g

Now, though, the relationship is different. Jeff Popick, father of the smallest Freedom Kid and author of "Freedom's Call" (the song performed at the Trump rally), told The Washington Post by phone on Monday that he planned to file a lawsuit against the campaign for violating its agreement with the group.

It started in Pensacola. When Popick first reached out to the Trump campaign about performing, he spoke with various people including former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski. His understanding from the campaign was that the Kids would make two appearances in Florida, where Popick lives. The first event didn't come to fruition, and Popick says he asked for $2,500 in payment for the second performance, in Pensacola. The campaign made a counter-offer: How about a table where the group could presell albums? Popick took the deal.

When they arrived at the venue, though, there was no table, Popick says. The result was "complete chaos," he said. "They clearly had made no provisions for that."

Popick, believing that he was owed some alternate compensation, tried to contact the campaign afterward, without luck. In addition to costs spent on promotional materials for the nonexistent table, Popick says, he also lost several promotional opportunities due to confusion over his relationship with the campaign.

When Trump made the sudden decision to skip the January Fox News debate and instead hold an event for veterans, a representative of the campaign called Popick to see if the Freedom Kids might perform. The call came the day before the event, Popick says, which was being held in Des Moines at 6:30 p.m. With the promise that the exposure from the event would be "huge," Popick readily agreed, and the kids and their parents packed up for a direct flight to Chicago and a long drive to Iowa.

It wasn't to be. When the plane landed, Popick had a message from the campaign staffer indicating that there was a change of plan. The campaign invited the performers to attend the rally, which they did, in their outfits. The campaign asked Popick not to talk to the media, he says, but then gave them seats within arm's length of the press. "They just were constantly coming over, wanting pictures," Popick said of the news media. "They wanted to take pictures, they wanted to ask questions — and I had to be a real jerk." The cost of the flights, rental car and hotel were all absorbed by Popick.

After that, he kept reaching out "again and again and again and again," without luck. He was passed around between staffers; calls went unreturned even after calls were promised. Emails Popick sent to the campaign (which he shared with The Post) detail the interaction between himself and the campaign and his ultimate request. "We are now asking and DEMANDING for what has been promised to us and is now long-overdue (and has been rightly earned by us); that is, a performance at the convention," an email dated July 9 reads. "Or, be made whole."

An email to the campaign requesting their understanding of the agreement was not returned by our deadline
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Wow Trump just can't help ripping people off, even when he doesn't have to.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sinkspur

Trump is a colossally cheap bastard, except for himself.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

This has been the Trump standard for decades

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Wow Trump just can't help ripping people off, even when he doesn't have to.

Trump can't help taking advantage of young girls. Pops should just be thankful Roman P Trump didn't ask any of them out on a date...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:54:41 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline beandog

Never, ever get involved with the Donald without a cash payment up front.  His father was a slumlord and the Donald learned much from his good old dad.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Trump is a colossally cheap bastard, except for himself.

Worth repeating.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I wonder what the video will be like if he suddenly stops paying the actresses Diamond and Silk, (Lynette Hardaway and Rochelle Richardson) and decide to bill them because he gave them all that exposure.

Wingnut

Trump can't help taking advantage of young girls. Pops should just be thankful Roman P Trump didn't ask any of them out on a date...

They didn't pass the screen test for future trump wife #5. 

Offline Gov Bean Counter

To old???

Wingnut

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Amateur Hour.

You can't get away with this crap at this level.  A  smart campaign would immediately grab this. make it right, blame it on Corey and shout it from the housetops.

BUT

This is not a smart campaign.

geronl

he will stiff you.

The only person not getting stiffed is Melania...

ba-da bing

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Never, ever get involved with the Donald without a cash payment up front.  His father was a slumlord and the Donald learned much from his good old dad.
Afterwards he was told by everyone, "You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia,"

geronl

If someone told him not to, he'd do it out of spite!

Here is a little Trump speech I wrote:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,217725.msg989319.html#msg989319

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
If someone told him not to, he'd do it out of spite!

Here is a little Trump speech I wrote:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,217725.msg989319.html#msg989319
Nicely done. That's a speech that will help us win bigly. It's an awesome speech, you write the best speeches. I really mean that...
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/26/the-creator-of-the-viral-pro-trump-act-usa-freedom-kids-now-plans-to-sue-the-campaign/
And just six months ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3402253/Trump-told-s-going-listen-CD-night-Girl-group-USA-Freedom-Kids-praise-Donald-meeting-GOP-rally-performed-viral-hit-song.html#ixzz4FYSXjZRB

The girl group who became an internet sensation after performing 'The Official Donald Trump Jam' at one of the Republican frontrunner's rallies have spoken out about meeting with him.

USA Freedom Kids, made up of performers Alexis, eight, and 11-year-olds Izzy and Bianca, caught the nation's eye when they appeared on stage at a Trump rally in Pensacola, Florida, this week.

Speaking to Inside Edition, they said that after their performance they met and spoke with Trump, who told them 'he’s going to listen to our CD all night.'

Alexis (front), eight, Bianca, 11 (left) and Izzy, also 11 (right), formed USA Freedom Kids with the help
of Alexis's father Jeff Popick (center) before performing at a Donald Trump rally this week.

Alexis, whose father Jeff Popick founded the group and wrote the lyrics to the Trump Jam, said: 'I think he [Trump] is really nice. We like to sing and do patriotic songs.'

Izzy, who sang lyrics including 'apologies for freedom, I can't handle this', and 'Ameritude, American pride' at Trump's rally added: 'We love inspiring and celebrating freedom.'

Popick said the song was inspired by George M. Cohan’s 'Over There,' which was featured in the classic James Cagney movie, 'Yankee Doodle Dandy.'

He added that he contacted all of the candidates about performing at their rallies, but it was Trump who was most responsive.

In response to negative comments the girls have received online since performing, Popick shrugged off the criticism.

He said: 'These are adorable, brilliant, talented girls and these people are bullies and we’re not going to tolerate it.

'It may be a bad response on what’s going on in the country and the world and that’s why Donald Trump has to be the president and has to make this country great again.'

[emphasis; mine]

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

geronl

Nicely done. That's a speech that will help us win bigly. It's an awesome speech, you write the best speeches. I really mean that...

Winner not a Sinner, he's a God!!

(definitely NOT)

Offline uglybiker

To old???

They didn't look like his daughter.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
And just six months ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3402253/Trump-told-s-going-listen-CD-night-Girl-group-USA-Freedom-Kids-praise-Donald-meeting-GOP-rally-performed-viral-hit-song.html#ixzz4FYSXjZRB

The girl group who became an internet sensation after performing 'The Official Donald Trump Jam' at one of the Republican frontrunner's rallies have spoken out about meeting with him.

USA Freedom Kids, made up of performers Alexis, eight, and 11-year-olds Izzy and Bianca, caught the nation's eye when they appeared on stage at a Trump rally in Pensacola, Florida, this week.

Speaking to Inside Edition, they said that after their performance they met and spoke with Trump, who told them 'he’s going to listen to our CD all night.'

Alexis (front), eight, Bianca, 11 (left) and Izzy, also 11 (right), formed USA Freedom Kids with the help
of Alexis's father Jeff Popick (center) before performing at a Donald Trump rally this week.

Alexis, whose father Jeff Popick founded the group and wrote the lyrics to the Trump Jam, said: 'I think he [Trump] is really nice. We like to sing and do patriotic songs.'

Izzy, who sang lyrics including 'apologies for freedom, I can't handle this', and 'Ameritude, American pride' at Trump's rally added: 'We love inspiring and celebrating freedom.'

Popick said the song was inspired by George M. Cohan’s 'Over There,' which was featured in the classic James Cagney movie, 'Yankee Doodle Dandy.'

He added that he contacted all of the candidates about performing at their rallies, but it was Trump who was most responsive.

In response to negative comments the girls have received online since performing, Popick shrugged off the criticism.

He said: 'These are adorable, brilliant, talented girls and these people are bullies and we’re not going to tolerate it.

'It may be a bad response on what’s going on in the country and the world and that’s why Donald Trump has to be the president and has to make this country great again.'

[emphasis; mine]

I found the little girl act a little creepy.  Nazi creepy.  He needs to pay for the creepy act.  The candidate that rips off little girls and their family after performing for him.  Trumps a joke.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.