Author Topic: Quote of the Day for Monday: Tom Brokaw Lauds 'Remarkable' Barack, 'Exceptional' Obamas  (Read 392 times)

rangerrebew

Quote of the Day for Monday: Tom Brokaw Lauds 'Remarkable' Barack, 'Exceptional' Obamas
By Tim Graham | July 26, 2016 | 10:19 AM EDT

As we select a Quote of the Day for the Democratic convention, it will be useful to compare the two conventions. On our Monday contest last week, Tom Brokaw spoke for many liberal journalists by declaring “as you look at the message, even with Mrs. Trump saying what she said, it's a pretty divisive message. There was no attempt to really pull the country together.”

Democrats unleashed a lot of mean-spirited invective on Monday night, but liberals saw it all as humor and happiness and unity. Apparently, speaking ill of Democrats is “divisive,” but speaking ill of Republicans is “unifying.” On Monday night, Tom Brokaw celebrated the president as “remarkable” and the Obama family as “exceptional.” Michelle was “pitch perfect.” And so was Comcast/NBC Universal in providing in-kind journalistic contributions.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2016/07/26/quote-day-monday-tom-brokaw-lauds-remarkable-barack-exceptional
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:03:53 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Neither I or my wife watch the mainstream/liberal media any more. Nor do my friends, although they do listen to NPR. But I cannot convince my parents or my wife's parents to stop watching the evening news. They feel it's their "civic duty" or something. You get better and more accurate news on the internet. But they just won't listen. If a jackass like Brokaw, Williams, etc. isn't telling them the news, then they don't trust it.

rangerrebew

My brother, who was a BIG liberal until he went to the great convention in the sky last October, wouldn't do anything else other than MSM news.  I think it was because they say what he wants to hear, the truth being unimportant.

Offline skeeter

I've come to accept that the lines of division are so deep, perceptions of reality so extremely different, that I really don't care any more when I hear outrageous crap of the sort Brokaw is peddling here.

If he thinks Obama is a uniter who's generally done a fantastic job with the economy and has strengthened American prestige throughout the globe and that these are the good times then fine.

Using basic widely available facts & logic I believe I can make a rock solid case that these things are laughably untrue. In fact I think I can demonstrate that they in no way resemble reality and if shot into space wouldn't get farther from the truth.

But people aren't listening. They are completely comfortable in the fantastic little worlds they've created inside their heads & amongst themselves.

No, I'm afraid if truth is going to intrude into their minds at all it will have to be literally hammered in.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:37:38 pm by skeeter »