Author Topic: Black Couple Trashes Store When They Can’t Buy ‘Slushies’ With EBT Card  (Read 266 times)

rangerrebew

Black Couple Trashes Store When They Can’t Buy ‘Slushies’ With EBT Card

July 25, 2016| by Brian Anderson

A black couple in Long Island, NY exposed some major systemic racism in our nation’s generous social safety net. It turns out you can’t buy a “slushie” drink with an EBT card, especially at an establishment that doesn’t sell the frozen drinks. This may or may not have a disproportional affect on black people so the couple used their Obama-given right to protest the injustice by trashing a convenience store.

The Long Island Exchange reports that the couple entered a Shell gas station in Cedarhurst, NY on Saturday night. They asked the clerk for a “slushie.” I know what you are thinking: isn’t that what Apu sells at the Kwik-E-Mart on the Simpsons? No, those are “Squishes.” A “slushie” is a catchall term for frozen flavored drinks like “Slurpees” and “ICEES.”

The clerk informed the couple that Shell doesn’t sell “slushies” and the couple flew off the handle. They began yelling at the clerk, cussing him out for something that was both not his fault and not that big of a deal.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/black-couple-trashes-store-when-they-cant-buy-slushies-with-ebt-card
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:22:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
#Slushee Drinks matter.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

Slushies must be mandated by law! Oh woe is us.

rangerrebew

I guess its racist not to have slushies. :whistle: