Author Topic: Ted Cruz is an unforgiving man - Jesse Lee Peterson  (Read 1841 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ted Cruz is an unforgiving man - Jesse Lee Peterson
« on: July 26, 2016, 03:27:33 am »
Ted Cruz is an unforgiving man
Exclusive: Jesse Lee Peterson shares poignant words on true forgiveness

What possessed Ted Cruz to break his word, refusing to endorse Donald Trump for president? At the Republican Convention, Cruz urged people to vote their “conscience.” But when confronted, Cruz pointed at Trump’s offending his wife and father, and said he won’t uphold his pledge “like a servile puppy dog.” Rather than forgiving Trump as a Christian, Ted Cruz shamed himself and his family.

One of the most important principles of Christianity – least understood and most needed – is forgiveness.

I traveled to North Carolina on a speaking tour for my book, “The Antidote: Healing America from the Poison of Hate, Blame and Victimhood.” One night, I stopped at a restaurant for dinner. An 18-year-old white male working there sat down and talked with me.

He said he was going to college soon before joining the military for 30 years. He wants Trump to win, and not Hillary, because Trump will build up the military, whereas Hillary would continue to diminish the military just as Obama has. Yet he does not vote, because liberals win anyway.

I asked what his mother and father think about him not voting. He said his mother urges him to vote, but his father is not in the picture.

He said his father threw him against a wall when he was four and told him he did not love him and did not want to be part of his life anymore. He said he had very little contact with his father since that time.

He said, as a Christian, he forgives his father; there is no use being angry about the past or things out of our control, and the Bible said we should forgive.

When the young man graduated from high school, his father called to ask if he wanted him to go to his graduation; the father said he felt that he should be part of the young man’s life again. The young man told his father, “You can come, but I don’t know why you’d want to. I have friends and family who have been part of my life, and you have not been around. You haven’t done anything for me.”

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2016/07/ted-cruz-is-an-unforgiving-man/#JwjhgiQTvVqkuh35.99

Now, if Cruz had questions about Trump's positions on issues, he should never have taken that pledge.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ted Cruz is an unforgiving man - Jesse Lee Peterson
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 03:34:06 am »
Sorry, but Jesse Lee Peterson is weird.  I never got why anybody follows him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 03:46:07 am »
I can't speak for anyone else, as a Christian, we are told to forgive. Not 7 times but 7 times 70 times.

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 03:48:42 am »
Forgive does not mean condone.

Nor does it mean endorse.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 03:50:52 am »

Step ONE:  Contrition from Trump.

We'll wait....

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 03:58:09 am »
Forgive does not mean condone.

Nor does it mean endorse.

Yes, he did not endorse, he broke his word.

Glad the first paragraph stated that.

Forgive means forgive. If he had some points of view he disagreed with, he should have never taken the pledge.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 04:02:43 am »
Ted Cruz did not "break his word", the pledge was broken by Trump himself on March 29

Trump is a vile vindictive man

Ted is the only honorable politician left

geronl

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 04:03:32 am »
That's vile and untrue.  Just one more smear.

The Art of the Smear.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 04:04:06 am »
Next time any of these idiots claim to be independent thinkers we can laugh in their faces.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 04:05:19 am »
By this article, every wife who was ever abused by her husband should keep going back for more and forgetting about the last time.

geronl

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 04:17:50 am »
The Trumpalongs just cannot get over that some people have actual principles and convictions.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 04:30:50 am »
Yes, he did not endorse, he broke his word.

Glad the first paragraph stated that.

Forgive means forgive. If he had some points of view he disagreed with, he should have never taken the pledge.

You want Cruz to forgive and bash him for being a phony Christian because of it but your professional shitbag of a nominee Donny is given a pass?

Give me a break. You can take this mindless drivel from Peterson that he is passing off as scholarly and flush it.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 04:32:58 am »
Forgive means forgive.

Then you should forgive Cruz for being a man who stands for his principles instead of bowing down to the orange pervert. Forgiveness does not mean endorsing the idiot either.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 04:39:02 am »
By this article, every wife who was ever abused by her husband should keep going back for more and forgetting about the last time.
I wonder if there aren't some latent misogynistic tendencies with that crowd. If so, why don't they try mistreating their own wife and leave Ted's out of it--not that I am calling for anyone to abuse anyone.

If someone had treated their wife and father that way, would they stand up and endorse them?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 05:12:03 am »
Everything is politics now.

And dishonest, sophist politics.

What does the "Rev'rund" Jesse have to say about a man who marries and dumps four wives?

What does the good Rev'rund have to say about "Thou shalt not BEAR FALSE WITNESS against thy neighbor"?  Is he going to give us some pablum of how since Cruz lives in another state, he's not Donnie's "neighbor"?

Trump is toxin.  Anyone trying to spin him is just going to be tarred with the same poison of lies and insanity.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 05:33:16 am »

Trump is toxin.  Anyone trying to spin him is just going to be tarred with the same poison of lies and insanity.
That's the way I see it. The great orange litmus test, and the number of failures is surprising, but good to know.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 05:35:25 am »

Now, if Cruz had questions about Trump's positions on issues, he should never have taken that pledge.

A Christian that endorses an evil unrepentant man to the highest office of the land is what exactly? To vote for evil and expect something other than evil is simply delusional. Talk about immoral...

Offline Ancient

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 06:10:53 am »
I can't speak for anyone else, as a Christian, we are told to forgive. Not 7 times but 7 times 70 times.
Did Trump ask for forgiveness?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 06:18:03 am »
Once again notice - Trump and his militants cannot let go of Cruz and those of us who are never voting for him, they are focused like a laser beam on it - and Hillary gets nary a mention.

Because it's not Hillary they hate and fear.

It's you and me if we think like Cruz.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 08:39:51 am »
Once again notice - Trump and his militants cannot let go of Cruz and those of us who are never voting for him, they are focused like a laser beam on it - and Hillary gets nary a mention.

Because it's not Hillary they hate and fear.

It's you and me if we think like Cruz.

Cruz is not a messiah.  He simply kept his principles.  Therefore, I support him.
Had he endorsed, I would have dropped him, just like I dropped Palin.  Who I vehemently supported once.  Loved her.  :shrug:
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 08:49:40 am »
"Ted Cruz is an unforgiving man."

Suits me. So am I.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 09:06:32 am »
And still focussed on Cruz, and doing your best to insure his supporters will never vote for Trump. Maybe you should be trying to figure out why Trump is such a petty, crude, and vindictive man and worry about what will happen if he somehow does win the White House. I fear his term will make Obama look like King Solomon in comparison. I'll say it again, your guy beat Cruz, why are you guys still running against him?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 09:37:43 am »
Sorry, but Jesse Lee Peterson is weird.  I never got why anybody follows him.

He tells them what they want to hear.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 10:52:03 am »
And now we hear Rinse & Repeat saying Sanders supporters ought to be able to vote their conscience.

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS