Author Topic: Rep. Keith Ellison: Trump ‘Worst Republican Nominee Since George Wallace’  (Read 542 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Headline pretty much says it all.

But after Ellison said this, it went uncorrected until another guest came on, a Republican,  Tom Cole.

Rep. Keith Ellison: Trump ‘Worst Republican Nominee Since George Wallace’

Excerpted:
On the off chance that far-left Dem congressman Keith Ellison is on your holiday shopping list, we have the perfect gift suggestion: a good biography of George Wallace.  On today’s This Week, Ellison claimed that Donald Trump was “the worst Republican nominee since George Wallace.”

Just one small problem, of course. As Republican Rep. Tom Cole pointed out, Wallace was a Democrat who sought the Dem presidential nomination [multiple times] and even addressed the Democratic National Convention [in 1972.] Ruh-roh!

Host George Stephanopoulos asked Ellison, a Bernie Sanders supporter, what should happen in light of the revelations from leaked DNC emails that the party was trying to make life tough for Bernie during the primary season. Ellison tried to change the subject by saying the focus should be on “getting rid of Trump.” He went on to make his ill-advised claim about Wallace the “Republican.”

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/07/rep-keith-ellison-trump-worst-republican-nominee-since-george-wallace/

Transcript at website.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:13:46 am by TomSea »

Online LMAO

Ellison is the victim of inner city public education
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline TomSea

Ellison is the victim of inner city public education

He's also a Muslim but goes along with the Democrat very liberal agenda; pretty useless in my view.

Wingnut

I see no reason for the Muslim from the 5th district of Minniesota to defame George Wallace. 

geronl

AT least Ellison knows a fellow Democrat when he sees one

Offline TomSea

I haven't seen Ellison holding rallies with Trump. Can't say that for some others.