Author Topic: I was Wrong About Trump. He’s not IN the Establishment. He Just Solves Their Biggest Problem.  (Read 434 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
When I’m right, I’m right. When I’m wrong, I’m often very wrong. I’ve been blessed with the former more often than being humbled by the latter, but in the case of Donald Trump’s coziness with the Republican Establishment, I’m ashamed that I didn’t see the writing on the wall months ago. I’m sure many did, but it never even crossed my mind until I watched every televised moment of the Republican National Convention. Like a revelation that makes me literally smack my own forehead for being so blind to it before, I finally realized why the GOP has been embracing Trump since a few weeks before the Iowa caucus and why they’ve embraced him cautiously but heartily ever since.

In short, he’s their ticket to rid the party of the chains that have been holding it back for decades (at least in the Establishment’s opinion). Trump is, in their view, the end of the Republican party being associated with the fight for social conservatism.....

http://soshable.com/i-was-wrong-about-trump-hes-not-in-the-establishment-he-just-solves-their-biggest-problem/

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We saw this long ago.

It is why some of us said that Trump is simply Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse.

The Establishment Oligarchy embraced him because he was indeed going to kill Conservatism from within their party - which is what they and the Doles/Priebus/McConnells have wanted for a long time.

In this the Democrats and the GOP Ruling Class had a common enemy they were happy to use Trump to bury and silence.

Their hope was that Conservatives would remain in enough numbers to vote for Trump because Hillary was worse.  I think they grossly miscalculated, but that is no surprise because they are not called the Stupid Party for nothing.    They became relaxed when it became clear their gravy train Fascism was not going to be threatened by either Hillary or Trump, and they hopped on the train.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
We saw this long ago.

It is why some of us said that Trump is simply Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse.

The Establishment Oligarchy embraced him because he was indeed going to kill Conservatism from within their party - which is what they and the Doles/Priebus/McConnells have wanted for a long time.

In this the Democrats and the GOP Ruling Class had a common enemy they were happy to use Trump to bury and silence.

Their hope was that Conservatives would remain in enough numbers to vote for Trump because Hillary was worse.  I think they grossly miscalculated, but that is no surprise because they are not called the Stupid Party for nothing.    They became relaxed when it became clear their gravy train Fascism was not going to be threatened by either Hillary or Trump, and they hopped on the train.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm coming around to believing this. 

geronl

Even though the Trump side pretended that the GOP was scared of Trump, the truth was always that they hated Cruz and conservatives more than they hated Trump and his psychopathic supporters.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
ROFL!

Another, "The Dog Ate My Homework" excuse!

You guys are a laugh a minute now.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Even though the Trump side pretended that the GOP was scared of Trump, the truth was always that they hated Cruz and conservatives more than they hated Trump and his psychopathic supporters.

THAT is the unabashed truth.

Cruz threatened their gravy train with efforts to get the government back into being restrained by the Constitution and Conservative principles.

The Establishment wanted none of that - because they want giant big government also.  They just think they can manage tyranny better than the Democrats can.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775