Author Topic: Uganda: Top police summoned to court over torture  (Read 284 times)

geronl

Uganda: Top police summoned to court over torture
« on: July 25, 2016, 08:38:10 pm »
http://aa.com.tr/en/africa/uganda-top-police-summoned-to-court-over-torture/615365

excerpt

A Ugandan court on Monday issued a summons for the country’s top policeman to face torture charges.

A magistrate’s court in the Ugandan capital, Kampala, said the country’s police chief Kale Kayihura must face trial on Aug.10.

Kayihura is charged together with seven of his junior officers, most of whom are commanders in the Uganda Police Force. Kayihura has accused the Ugandan media of biased reporting on the event and called for revoking their licenses.

The case was filed by three citizens, Andrew Ssebitozi, Rogers Ddiba and Joseph Kaddu, who told the court that Kayihura is liable for acts of torture between 2011 and 2016.

Speaking to reporters outside the court Monday, the victims’ lawyer Kiwanuka Abdullah said the police officers had violated citizens’ rights.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Uganda: Top police summoned to court over torture
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 11:28:51 pm »
But did they eat anyone?

geronl

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 11:42:54 pm »
But did they eat anyone?

I have no idea

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 02:08:40 am »
Sorry, but to this day I equate Uganda with Idi Amin and Idi Amin with cannibalism.