Author Topic: Clinton: Benghazi security was ‘not my ball to carry’  (Read 486 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton: Benghazi security was ‘not my ball to carry’
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:37:58 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/289035-clinton-benghazi-security-was-not-my-ball-to-carry

July 24, 2016, 07:00 pm
Clinton: Benghazi security was ‘not my ball to carry’

By Jessie Hellmann

Hillary Clinton said the security at the American compound in Benghazi, Libya, was “not her ball to carry” and admonished Republicans for politicizing the 2012 attack that left four Americans dead.

In her first joint interview with running mate Tim Kaine on "60 Minutes" Sunday, Clinton said while she took responsibility for the attacks because she was secretary of State when it happened, none of the nine separate investigations found her culpable.

"So when this happened in Benghazi, I immediately stood up an independent committee -- distinguished Americans, military and civilian experts. They came out and they said, "You know, the ball was dropped -- in security. And, you know, some of the decisions that were made, probably should have been rethought."

Clinton went on to say concerns about security at the American Diplomatic Compound in Benghazi never reached her.

“It was not my ball to carry. … Those [security reports] never reached me. Those never came to my attention,” she said.

She said the U.S. had horrible losses in Beirut under Ronald Reagan and the Democratic Congress didn't politicize it the way Republicans have done with her. 

"This has all been investigated over and over again. But as Tim was just saying, it didn't get the result that some of the Republicans wanted, so they kept at it. And I feel very sorry that they have politicized it unlike any prior example."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: Clinton: Benghazi security was ‘not my ball to carry’
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 02:44:44 pm »
She said the U.S. had horrible losses in Beirut under Ronald Reagan and the Democratic Congress didn't politicize it the way Republicans have done with her. 

Yeah, I remember how Reagan explained the Beirut attack away as being caused by some video that was making the rounds....

:facepalm2:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 04:37:55 pm »
The buck stops elsewhere.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 04:50:51 pm »
This is EXACTLY the kind of behavior and response we can expect from President Cankles while the world is on fire.

But then, it's exactly the kind of behavior we can expect of President Trumpgod, too.

So...I guess, one way or another...we're going to have an irresponsible, geriatric CHILD as President.  Following another drug-impaired arrested-development juvenile delinquent.

We B skrood.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:51:20 pm by JustPassinThru »