Author Topic: Donald Trump Is Crazy, and So Is the GOP for Embracing Him  (Read 33571 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Donald Trump Is Crazy, and So Is the GOP for Embracing Him
« on: July 24, 2016, 02:11:49 pm »
The Republican nominee opens his mouth and removes all doubt.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/donald-trump-is-crazy-and-so-is-the-gop-for-embracing-him/article/2003466/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=20160724_TWS-blog-donald-trump-is-crazy-and-so-is-the-gop-for-embracing-him-8_twitter&utm_content=TWS

There are two explanations. Either Trump believes Rafael Cruz was involved or he's making the implied accusation in a continued attempt to discredit Cruz's son. In either case, this isn't the behavior of a rational, stable individual. It should embarrass those who have endorsed him and disgrace those who have attempted to normalize him.

The degree of this normalization is stunning. The Republican nominee for president made comments Friday that one might expect from a patient in a mental institution, the kind of stuff you might read on blog with really small print and pictures of UFOs. And yet his remarks barely register as news. There are no condemnations from fellow Republicans. His supporters shrug them off as Trump being Trump.

exc

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Donald Trump Is Crazy, and So Is the GOP for Embracing Him
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 02:13:55 pm »
If Eric and Junior and Ivanka can't get Daddy under control, they need to go public. That is, if they do love America.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 02:18:43 pm »
The problem with excerpting from The Weekly Standard (same with Washington Post and New York Times) is that, if you visit frequently, you get hit with a paywall after a certain number of visits.

I refuse to pay $38 for the magazine just so I can go visit their site.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 02:39:58 pm »
The problem with excerpting from The Weekly Standard (same with Washington Post and New York Times) is that, if you visit frequently, you get hit with a paywall after a certain number of visits.

Firefox private browsing (open link in private window) is working around that for me.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 11:08:50 pm »
The Republican nominee opens his mouth and removes all doubt.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/donald-trump-is-crazy-and-so-is-the-gop-for-embracing-him/article/2003466/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=20160724_TWS-blog-donald-trump-is-crazy-and-so-is-the-gop-for-embracing-him-8_twitter&utm_content=TWS

There are two explanations. Either Trump believes Rafael Cruz was involved or he's making the implied accusation in a continued attempt to discredit Cruz's son. In either case, this isn't the behavior of a rational, stable individual. It should embarrass those who have endorsed him and disgrace those who have attempted to normalize him.

The degree of this normalization is stunning. The Republican nominee for president made comments Friday that one might expect from a patient in a mental institution, the kind of stuff you might read on blog with really small print and pictures of UFOs. And yet his remarks barely register as news. There are no condemnations from fellow Republicans. His supporters shrug them off as Trump being Trump.

exc

Trump reiterated his plans for revenge against Kasich and Cruz and an unnamed third person-probably Rubio-on Meet the Press today. Haven't heard a thing from the Vichy-GOP about this.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 11:50:05 pm »
TomSea...........that picture is offensive in the extreme. 

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 02:29:44 am »

Use a free proxy server to get access.  It masks your IP address and blocks site cookies so that the site cannot tell if you are a new visitor or not.

I've used:

https://hide.me/en/proxy