Author Topic: Is the NeverTrump movement racist?  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Is the NeverTrump movement racist?
« on: July 24, 2016, 05:13:01 am »
No need for rational supporting evidence or even common decency (my thanks to Sinspur for doing away with those wasteful little niceties). Just post a headline...and perhaps an absurd blog/opinion piece, and hope the empty accusation sticks. I mean, can they "prove" that they aren't...after all the Dems claim that both conservatives AND Mr Trump are racist so why not carelessly post headlines on the board here making that assertion?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:14:07 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Is the NeverTrump movement racist?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 05:22:55 am »
So this is what you Trump militants now resort to as a tactic? 

Instead of rebutting on the thread containing the actual article and link, you have to start an entirely NEW thread in order to do this:

Pathetic.

And stupid.

Like your nominee.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 05:24:58 am »
There's nothing substantial enough to warrant rebutting. So emulating was clearly the way to go.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 05:29:59 am »
I wasn't even going to read sink's post on the Trumps being racist, but now because of your avoidance of a rebuttal, I'm thinking there may be something to it, and will be looking at the story after all.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 05:38:10 am »
Trump's dad has an actual record of being racist and got into trouble over it. Trump's dad is fair play, right? After all Cruz's dad help kill Kennedy and all...

And what do you call a man who says he can't get a fair trial because the judge is "Mexican" even though the judge was born in the USA?

And why is it so many alt-right people are attracted to Trump and say he thinks like they do???

Why is that?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 06:05:19 am »
There's nothing substantial enough to warrant rebutting. So emulating was clearly the way to go.

"Emulating"????

Where is your link to the NYT or similar MSM hit piece or published essay, blog or commentary to engender a discussion?

This is just you screaming "I know you are but what am I?"

I suppose there is no tactic you will not stoop to and claim you are justified.  Based on your flimsy justification for 'emulating', we can go start threads now in the Politics forum and simply title them:

"Are Trump Supporters Pedophiles?"  and in the body text simply write that there's no need for rational supporting evidence or even common decency (my thanks to Mesaclone for doing away with those wasteful little niceties). Just post an insult as a headline... and hope the thread remains. I mean, can they "prove" that they aren't Pedophiles?  ...after all Mesaclone says he has the right to 'emulate' so why not carelessly post your vulgar opinions as a headline on the board and make that an assertion without even the common courtesy of a reach around link to back up their charges?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 06:29:47 am »
So this is what you Trump militants now resort to as a tactic? 

Instead of rebutting on the thread containing the actual article and link, you have to start an entirely NEW thread in order to do this:

Pathetic.

And stupid.

Like your nominee.
It seems such a familiar tactic to use to attack someone who won't vote for your guy, when we said we wouldn't vote for obama his people said it was racism because he was Black. Now we say we won't vote for Trump, and his people say it's racism because he's.....................orange? :wtf!: :huh?: :facepalm2: :talkhand:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 06:33:42 am »
"Emulating"????

Where is your link to the NYT or similar MSM hit piece or published essay, blog or commentary to engender a discussion?

This is just you screaming "I know you are but what am I?"

I suppose there is no tactic you will not stoop to and claim you are justified.  Based on your flimsy justification for 'emulating', we can go start threads now in the Politics forum and simply title them:

"Are Trump Supporters Pedophiles?"  and in the body text simply write that there's no need for rational supporting evidence or even common decency (my thanks to Mesaclone for doing away with those wasteful little niceties). Just post an insult as a headline... and hope the thread remains. I mean, can they "prove" that they aren't Pedophiles?  ...after all Mesaclone says he has the right to 'emulate' so why not carelessly post your vulgar opinions as a headline on the board and make that an assertion without even the common courtesy of a reach around link to back up their charges?

No, its highlighting stupidity through emulation. A link to empty unsupported and irrational aburdity is the same as no link at all. I could go dig up some idiotic blog making the same assertion I did, but it would be pointless. Just like the opinion piece Sink linked. No difference.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 06:35:45 am »
"Are Trump Supporters Pedophiles?"  and in the body text simply write that there's no need for rational supporting evidence or even common decency (my thanks to Mesaclone for doing away with those wasteful little niceties). Just post an insult as a headline... and hope the thread remains.

Precisely. Thats just like what Sink did. Attaching a link to absurdity doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 07:00:20 am »
"Are Trump Supporters Pedophiles?"  and in the body text simply write that there's no need for rational supporting evidence or even common decency (my thanks to Mesaclone for doing away with those wasteful little niceties). Just post an insult as a headline... and hope the thread remains.

Precisely. Thats just like what Sink did. Attaching a link to absurdity doesn't make it any more acceptable.

He linked to an article at the NYT.

YOU DID NOT.

Regardless of whether it is absurd or not in your opinion. 

You just decided to post an offensive headline as some kind of juvenile 'gothcha back' because that's all you people are capable of.

Maybe I should just go and post a headline in Politics that simply says "MESACLONE IS AN IMBECILE" and say simply: "I'm highlighting stupidity through emulation" and invite all those opposed to Trump here to jump on the thread and post their disdain of your shilling for Trump.

How would you like that?  After all, I would just be highlighting your stupidity through emulation.

Besides….

Don't you people have a Hillary to supposedly try to beat?

Or will you keep bashing Conservatives who refuse your prince to remain your primary target?

geronl

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 07:01:46 am »
Racist against orange people??

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

This is just ridiculous.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 07:38:55 am »
No article. No link. Moved out of politics.

Don't try this again.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 07:44:34 am »
CHEETO POWER!!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 09:12:43 am »
Could be, I didn't like John Kerry or John Boehner either. :pondering:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 09:22:22 am »
No need for rational supporting evidence or even common decency (my thanks to Sinspur for doing away with those wasteful little niceties). Just post a headline...and perhaps an absurd blog/opinion piece, and hope the empty accusation sticks. I mean, can they "prove" that they aren't...after all the Dems claim that both conservatives AND Mr Trump are racist so why not carelessly post headlines on the board here making that assertion?
Are Trump supporters all GLBTQ? (Not that  there is anything wrong with that).
After all, he supports anything goes restrooms.

Same sort of nonsense. Let's not play that game.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 09:25:01 am »
Are Trump supporters all GLBTQ? (Not that  there is anything wrong with that).
After all, he supports anything goes restrooms.

Same sort of nonsense. Let's not play that game.

Not so fast, I'm interested in exploring my anti-orangism more closely.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 09:27:09 am »
Emulating, huh? I thought the psychological term was "projection".

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 09:28:17 am »
Not so fast, I'm interested in exploring my anti-orangism more closely.
Just don't have a premature orangism. But if you do, don't get a complex about it.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 09:36:22 am »
No, its highlighting stupidity through emulation. A link to empty unsupported and irrational aburdity is the same as no link at all. I could go dig up some idiotic blog making the same assertion I did, but it would be pointless. Just like the opinion piece Sink linked. No difference.
Well now, after a primary campaign with tabloid smears of multiple mistresses and daddy being in on the assassination of JFK, twitter feed nonsense, facebook sources, and other drivel presented as if they were direct translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the bar for 'unsupported' is pretty low. 'I heard that he said that she said she read an e-mail that said' should be about right.

C S Lewis