Author Topic: Munich Shooting Witness Thought 'This Is It' as He Comforted Dying Boy - NBC  (Read 180 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Just for the record, the "witness" looks to have a "Muslim" type of name, lots of Turks in Germany. Also, the video of the father of a dead victim at the webpage "could" have ancestry likewise, that is not German. <--- Not that I'm saying it matters, apparent details of the story.

Excerpted:
Munich Shooting Witness Thought 'This Is It' as He Comforted Dying Boy

Huseyin Bayri, 29, who was at the Olympia Einkaufszentrum when an 18-year-old gunman opened fire Friday evening, told reporters that he held a teenager who was shot and comforted him as the victim succumbed to his wounds. All the while, Bayri was thinking he would be next as the shooter came closer.

"I saw the boy beside me — I didn't know him but I took him straight to my heart — had fallen down,"
Bayri said. The boy was shot three times, he said.

"I tried to keep his wounds shut while the attacker was still shooting. The shots were getting closer. And I thought to myself: 'This is it. Now you're next, Huseyin,'" Bayri said.

Bayri said he tried to comfort the boy, asking him his name, where he lived, and whether he had a girlfriend.

"'Your injuries aren't that bad, brother,' I said to him. 'The ambulance is already on its way. Don't worry, everything will work out.' Then he died in my arms," Bayri said.

Bayri is haunted by the boy's final words. "I can't get those words out of my head: 'Please help me, please help me.'"

Full Article: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/munich-shooting-witness-thought-it-he-comforted-dying-boy-n615566