Author Topic: The 10 Most Important Reasons Trump Would Make a Great President.....  (Read 17984 times)

Offline WAC

Re: The 10 Most Important Reasons Trump Would Make a Great President.....
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2016, 04:47:03 pm »
I have to tell you that it has really started to delight me the level of anger that the Trump supporters have at we who will not vote for him or the other liberal running.  Sorry you haven't thrown off the chains of your party yet, even though it amuses me to no end.  Don't be mad at those of us who have.

Strange you would be "delighted" about people's concern that some are choosing to sit out this election and or abstain from participating in this very serious election. ....As stated prior.....Our current system narrows the possible candidates to two party offerings....Until we have a major earthquake in the identification between ideology and party affiliation that breaks this up - that is the reality.

An abstention vote is allowing the remaining voters to choose for you. ...you're gonna get one or the other whether you choose or not. By not choosing,  you automatically become non-participating in this election choice.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2016, 04:52:30 pm »
you choose or not. By not choosing,  you automatically become non-participating in this election choice.

Really?  There are probably several GOP candidates down ticket who will be pretty happy to get my vote.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2016, 05:10:07 pm »
Whites are the only people who can be middle class?  How nativist.  Caucasian is not a "creed."

He is shunning our allies by threatening to compromise our NATO obligations.

And Trump will, left to his own devices, impose further regulations on banks, on every American business and, indeed, on middle class Americans with his tariffs.

Shall I go on?

Off topic, but I love your new avatar!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2016, 05:11:58 pm »
That you will have to determine for yourself.......but IMO the race has come down to two candidates.....not voting for either is refraining from participating with the reality of this Presidential election....even if one votes for another candidate just so they can say they voted.

I walked that walk with Romney.....believing I could vote for another candidate not actually with a chance to win. At the last moment I did vote for Romney as I realized I could not be responsible for Obama to win. Romney to me was the lesser of two evils.....and I would certainly do that again if I had to.

No, it doesn't come down to two candidates.  Didn't Abe Lincoln win on a 3rd party ticket?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2016, 05:25:07 pm »
I would assume that she can address her own posts..thank you....
However I didn't realize we have a hall moderator here who determines what portions of posters comments can or cannot be addressed.

Cute response, but ineffective.

You, who have decided to vote for Trump as a Christian and are here trying to convince others who are morally opposed to an amoral man, to vote for him anyway, regardless of their convictions regarding integrity, are also here stating something misleading at best and dishonest at worst.

I'm not in any way being a "hall monitor."  I'm just surprised at your behavior since you've become a Trump missionary.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:28:00 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2016, 05:30:06 pm »
I'm just surprised at your behavior since you've become a Trump missionary.

Why? Never had a friend give up smoking? They become anti smoking zealots for a while, then settle down again.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2016, 05:32:35 pm »
There we have it. This is progress. Lest we forget, Trump promised to not be that guy.

Indeed.  And his supporters love him because he's an "outsider."

Ironic, is it not?? 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2016, 05:35:08 pm »
Why? Never had a friend give up smoking? They become anti smoking zealots for a while, then settle down again.

I guess I don't equate supporting conservatism  and freedom with smoking.

But I suppose the parallel can be made that one who used to be in favor of freedom now becomes a zealot opposing it......

At any rate, I am surprised by the dishonesty of people who decided to become Trump zealots after praying about it.

Seems a bit iffy to me.....

Offline WAC

« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2016, 05:35:21 pm »
Explain this paradigm shift that caused voters such as yourself to reject the very essence of Conservatism in order to vote for a NY liberal who holds the very Constitution in contempt?

Well first I have not, nor do I think other Conservatives supporting Trump, have rejected our Conservative positions......though I do understand why 'legalistic' conservatives would see that as so.

As for the paradigm shifts.......the Never Trump people have difficulty seeing that the political contest waged is already a form of war, the entire political process decorum  had changed.....Trump’s political style and tactics allowed him to prevail on a primary battlefield where no one thought he could survive....and that change was one the other candidates could not or would not adapt to.....they "still" would not fight rather they simply trodded on as if in lockstep with the same order the demorats expected them to.....and those candidates lost.

Now the battle is with a liberal  party that wants to dismantle our borders and cripple our defenses in the war that Islamists are waging against us. ....of which there is no neutral ground. ......If you care for this country and it's people's security you should clearly see that threat ...and those warriors will soon enter our country 'in swarms' should Hillary take office...

The  entire World leader Organizations are thumping their fists that every nation must allow in these savages in the thousands.....another shift.....Trump is fighting this and he's the only one doing so for the sake of the security of this country...Hillary and her gangs certainly aren't...in fact just like Germany they're rolling out the welcome mat.

As many noted early on....there was no referee to impose rules of decorum . .....Only the electorate can do that......and as we see the Republican electorate has already spoken on this issue.... Their nominee is Trump, and anyone who cherishes our constitutional system is bound to respect that. .....'Or' at least have the honesty to declare their support for the other side..... 'Or' sit the battle out................ What is not acceptable is to sabotage your own army in the field and pretend that you don’t want the enemy to win.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2016, 05:38:37 pm »
A third party candidate is a unicorn fantasy at this stage of the cycle.
 There is a binary choice for president - Trump or Clinton.Our current system narrows the possible candidates to two party offerings. ...that is the reality.

But it is true that a person can vote third party or write in the name of their favorite unicorn... But the effect is the same, it is abstaining.... An abstention vote is allowing the remaining voters to choose for you.......some seem to be perfectly comfortable doing just that.

And yet, there are all those other candidates on the ballot from which we may choose.  Odd, isn't it??

So, another question, WAC...... were you a mean person before you started supporting Trump, or did supporting Trump make you mean?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2016, 05:41:30 pm »
...in fairness, though, I understand the dilemma Donald Trump's nomination puts people in. Calling them conflicted is putting it mildly. They hate Hillary, but they despise Donald Trump. What to do, what to do?

Gary Johnson.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2016, 05:56:12 pm »
...I'm skeptical of his commitment.

I'm all for his commitment...

Offline WAC

« Reply #237 on: July 26, 2016, 06:04:57 pm »
You, who have decided to vote for Trump as a Christian and are here trying to convince others who are morally opposed to an amoral man, to vote for him anyway, regardless of their convictions regarding integrity, are also here stating something misleading at best and dishonest at worst......I'm not in any way being a "hall monitor."  I'm just surprised at your behavior since you've become a Trump missionary.

Maybe it will clarify things if you understand I do not look at Trump as a Christian, nor would I expect him to act as one, which it does seem many "Social" and "Legalistic" Conservatives here  expect him to hold to their own high road moral tests.......I do not.

May I remind.... that Jimmy Carter was a Christian and supposed high moral individual ..made a complete mess which we still suffer the affects of...... Because of his disposing the Shah of Iran they got the Ayatollah and from there came Alquida and ultimately ISIS.......so I do not elect a President according to Christian affiliations. ...God uses the "willing".. and they do not have to pass the litmus test of Christian standards nor should they....and God certainly does not have to raise up strong men according to the standards of men.......LBJ had the filthiest mouth in the world, and Nixon belligerently went after the news media publicly for his entire political career....did you vote for either?  and where were you're moral standards then if you did?.

Offline beandog

« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2016, 06:13:54 pm »

They become anti smoking zealots because they want everyone to be just as miserable as they are, just like tRump supporters.

Offline WAC

« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2016, 06:15:00 pm »
And yet, there are all those other candidates on the ballot from which we may choose......

Of course you can select any you want.....as I mentioned before that will grant you a sense of participating "in voting" but it is still a vote not to participate in the 'elected' primary nominee candidate's who won.

However...why don't you just show exactly what positions Trump lists that are not Conservative in your eyes.....here they are.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2016, 06:18:37 pm »
I'm all for his commitment...
I'll bet his children are anticipating it too! 000hehehehe

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2016, 06:19:44 pm »
"will support.....the constitution"

Ha, ha...good one. For a while I didn't think you were going to put any humor in your statement. Trump supporting the constitution...that's rich.
I don't buy it either. He's still enraged that Ted Cruz dared to say we should support the constitution.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:20:05 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline WAC

« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2016, 06:22:48 pm »
No, it doesn't come down to two candidates.  Didn't Abe Lincoln win on a 3rd party ticket?

Gary Johnson  is not remotely close to Abe Lincoln....... Lincoln won on a delegate vote...we are well past that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2016, 06:26:30 pm »

Gary Johnson  is not remotely close to Abe Lincoln....... Lincoln won on a delegate vote...we are well past that.

What a frivolous response.  Who said Johnson is related to Lincoln?  You seem to have misread my comment.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2016, 06:31:51 pm »
Of course you can select any you want.....as I mentioned before that will grant you a sense of participating "in voting" but it is still a vote not to participate in the 'elected' primary nominee candidate's who won.

However...why don't you just show exactly what positions Trump lists that are not Conservative in your eyes.....here they are.

So we should believe his web designer over what comes out of his mouth? On many issues he's said these are simply starting points for negotiations, he can be flexible, and his positions are only suggestion.

For starters let's take immigration. We've been told that the Wall will be a virtual wall, or a wall with a big beautiful door in it, nor has anyone ever explained how to Wall the Rio Grande. Trump walked back his stance on deportations. Trump's wall promises to be as "helpful" as the wall in the gang of eight amnesty bill.

Furthermore there is the issue of honesty. Trump is already changing his positions and promises how are we to know what to believe. Dealing with a man who praised Bill Clinton as President, Hillary as Sec. of State, and was registered as a Democrat for the first four years of Obama. It is easy to see these constant changes and flip-flops on policy as revealing the man's true nature.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline musiclady

« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2016, 06:34:32 pm »

You're trying to convince people who've read and listened to Trump for months to years that he's Conservative??

There is no laugh emoticon big enough to capture the silliness of that effort.

We're conservative, WAC.  We recognize conservatism when we see it.  We know what it is.

You're not talking to fools.  You're talking to educated, well-read people.

Perhaps you should reconsider and find some dumb people to convince that your guy is what he is clearly not.....

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #246 on: July 26, 2016, 06:35:14 pm »

As for the paradigm shifts.......the Never Trump people have difficulty seeing that the political contest waged is already a form of war, the entire political process decorum  had changed.....Trump’s political style and tactics allowed him to prevail on a primary battlefield where no one thought he could survive....and that change was one the other candidates could not or would not adapt to.....they "still" would not fight rather they simply trodded on as if in lockstep with the same order the demorats expected them to.....and those candidates lost.

Yeah.  The 16 other candidates were all wrong.  They all decided that insults, tagging opponents with childish names, mocking the handicapped, calling Mexicans rapists, slurring women with jokes about menstruation, and using the "f" word at rallies were above the pale.

Trump survived because he appealed to a base group of people who think its OK for a candidate to behave like a neanderthal.   I've always been of the opinion that Trump supporters are the problem.  Trump is going to be who he is.

That you would excuse his vulgar personna and even admire him for it tells me something about you.  I have noticed in people I formerly liked (such as local radio personality Mark Davis) a change for the worse.  He now belittles his callers, bullying anyone who is not onboard with Trump.  It's as if Trump has given you all permission to behave like petulant children.

The stain of Trump will remain long after he's been disposed of in November.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #247 on: July 26, 2016, 06:39:02 pm »
Maybe it will clarify things if you understand I do not look at Trump as a Christian, nor would I expect him to act as one, which it does seem many "Social" and "Legalistic" Conservatives here  expect him to hold to their own high road moral tests.......I do not.

May I remind.... that Jimmy Carter was a Christian and supposed high moral individual ..made a complete mess which we still suffer the affects of...... Because of his disposing the Shah of Iran they got the Ayatollah and from there came Alquida and ultimately ISIS.......so I do not elect a President according to Christian affiliations. ...God uses the "willing".. and they do not have to pass the litmus test of Christian standards nor should they....and God certainly does not have to raise up strong men according to the standards of men.......LBJ had the filthiest mouth in the world, and Nixon belligerently went after the news media publicly for his entire political career....did you vote for either?  and where were you're moral standards then if you did?.

Sorry, dear.  I also don't succumb to blatant efforts to relieve me of my moral standards.

But for the record, when I voted for Nixon, I didn't have a clue that he was a bad guy.  When Watergate happened, I dropped him like a hot potato.

My standards aren't based on whims of the moment and lying politicians.  They are based on Biblical absolutes that don't change over time.

Your effort to shame me, or cajole me are wasted energy.   Again.......... try to find some ignorant gullible people to sway toward your amoral hero.

Your efforts are wasted on principled Christians and Conservatives...... and the harder you try here, the more desperate you reveal yourself to be.

I'm not voting for an amoral, corrupt leftist no matter how much you and your buddies distort Scripture in an attempt to make me do so.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2016, 06:41:03 pm »
Yeah.  The 16 other candidates were all wrong.  They all decided that insults, tagging opponents with childish names, mocking the handicapped, calling Mexicans rapists, slurring women with jokes about menstruation, and using the "f" word at rallies were above the pale.

Trump survived because he appealed to a base group of people who think its OK for a candidate to behave like a neanderthal.   I've always been of the opinion that Trump supporters are the problem.  Trump is going to be who he is.

That you would excuse his vulgar personna and even admire him for it tells me something about you.  I have noticed in people I formerly liked (such as local radio personality Mark Davis) a change for the worse.  He now belittles his callers, bullying anyone who is not onboard with Trump.  It's as if Trump has given you all permission to behave like petulant children.

The stain of Trump will remain long after he's been disposed of in November.

It's far more than a stain, sinkspur.

It's wholesale destruction of every value we have ever stood for.

The damage Trump is doing to Conservatism and the Republican party won't be 'fixed' in my lifetime.

Offline beandog

« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2016, 06:42:19 pm »

Actions and behaviors over the years, not some positions somebody on your campaign wrote out for you and you can't even remember from day to day,  is what makes you a conservative.  I have seen no action or behavior that has shown tRump to be even remotely conservative.