Author Topic: The 10 Most Important Reasons Trump Would Make a Great President.....  (Read 17943 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: The 10 Most Important Reasons Trump Would Make a Great President.....
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2016, 05:16:32 am »
WAC is .  Even helped with the PA delegate thread.

No legitimate Cruz supporter goes from supporting the Conservative in the race to full blown Trumpkin that fast.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WAC

« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2016, 05:37:27 am »
No legitimate Cruz supporter goes from supporting the Conservative in the race to full blown Trumpkin that fast.

It wasn't fast.......and I wasn't supporting a Conservative....I was supporting the best man for what I believed was best for this country and closest to what I believe.....Cruz could have been a Libertarian and I would have still supported the man.

Further I'm not a Trumpkin...I'm a voter supporting the Republican ticket because to do anything else otherwise is a sure win for the vile Clinton Machinery...and that cannot happen to this country.

Offline DB

« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2016, 06:16:49 am »

Here are at least 10 reasons Trump would make a stellar president.....

Trump believes in American exceptionalism.
    Trump is tough, unafraid to flex America’s muscles, and has the backbone America needs to take on the evil growing around the world.
    Trump is an experienced and tough dealmaker.
    Trump is not politically correct; he’s not afraid to say what he believes and has ignited an honest debate.
    Trump demands high performance and will fire anyone that doesn’t meet his high standards.
    Trump is committed to education.
    Trump “built that business” and many more and will run America like a business.
    Trump will not balance his job as President with golf and other social events.
    Trump’s loyalty will be only to America and Americans—not any political party, special interest group or foreign entity.
    Trump will support American laws, the Constitution, and the nation’s borders.

Trump gets it.

Trumps understands the level of concern American’s have with the current direction of the country. America doesn’t just want change. American wants Oblimination – the complete reversal of President Obama’s failed policies.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/15/the-10-most-important-reasons-trump-would-make-a-great-president/

The very first item listed is false and contrary to Trump's own words on the subject. As to running government "like a business" well that's fascism. Fascism has no interest in individual rights or liberty and is no way to run the judiciary or military. It is top down rule. I do believe that item on your list is at least accurate - he's a fascist at heart and will tolerate no dissent. He has to destroy anyone that does not bow down to him.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:05:20 am by DB »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2016, 08:04:59 am »

This is your problem right here.

You, and others, are under the false assumption that any GOP candidate is entitled to our vote and support just because they have the title "R" after their name, issues be damned. My belief is they have to convince and work for support.  IOWs, the belief you and others seem to have that Trump has no obligation to earn our vote but we are obligated to back him unquestionably

For years we've been told we must vote for the GOP candidate to keep whatever Democrat candidate from winning.  After so many election cycles of that, many have said, "no more."  We cannot afford more debt or more government interference in the economy and such.

I suspect if Trump's campaign continues the current direction, the cries of " you must vote Trump or your helping Hillary" will increase. It's starting already

There is a binary choice, right at the top of the decision tree: Vote or don't vote. That one always gets neglected.

If you decide to vote, who you wish to vote FOR is the next level down. If no candidate has, in your own, personal opinion, earned your own personal vote, you them move on to who you wish to vote AGAINST (Trump realists are at this point).

I'm not going to disrespect people who are voting Trump because they like the guy. I'm not going to disrespect people who are going to vote Trump because he's marginally more tolerable than Clinton, in their eyes. I'm not going to disrespect people who decide to vote a third party or not at all because both main candidates suck.

I WILL disrespect those who think and act like they have the right to decide anothers vote.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2016, 10:10:16 am »
Here are at least 10 reasons Trump would make a stellar president.....

Trump believes in American exceptionalism.
    Trump is tough, unafraid to flex America’s muscles, and has the backbone America needs to take on the evil growing around the world.
    Trump is an experienced and tough dealmaker.
    Trump is not politically correct; he’s not afraid to say what he believes and has ignited an honest debate.
    Trump demands high performance and will fire anyone that doesn’t meet his high standards.
    Trump is committed to education.
    Trump “built that business” and many more and will run America like a business.
    Trump will not balance his job as President with golf and other social events.
    Trump’s loyalty will be only to America and Americans—not any political party, special interest group or foreign entity.
    Trump will support American laws, the Constitution, and the nation’s borders.

1.  Trump on American Exceptionalism
I don't like the term. I'll be honest with you. People say, "Oh he's not patriotic." Look, if I'm a Russian, or I'm a German, or I'm a person we do business with, why, you know, I don't think it's a very nice term. We're exceptional; you're not. First of all, Germany is eating our lunch. So they say, "Why are you exceptional. We're doing a lot better than you." I never liked the term. And perhaps that's because I don't have a very big ego and I don't need terms like that. Honestly. When you're doing business—I watch Obama every once in a while saying "American exceptionalism," it's [Trump makes a face]. I don't like the term. Because we're dealing—First of all, I want to take everything back from the world that we've given them. We've given them so much. On top of taking it back, I don't want to say, "We're exceptional. We're more exceptional." Because essentially we're saying we're more outstanding than you. "By the way, you've been eating our lunch for the last 20 years, but we're more exceptional than you." I don't like the term. I never liked it. When I see these politicians get up [and say], "the American exceptionalism"—we're dying. We owe 18 trillion in debt. I'd like to make us exceptional. And I'd like to talk later instead of now. Does that make any sense? Because I think you're insulting the world. And you, know, Jim, if you're German, or you're from Japan, or you're from China, you don't want to have people saying that. I never liked the expression. And I see a lot of good patriots get up and talk about Amer—you can think it, but I don't think we should say it. We may have a chance to say it in the not-too-distant future. But even the, I wouldn't say it because when I take back the jobs, and when I take back all that money and we get all our stuff, I'm not going to rub it in. Let's not rub it in. Let's not rub it in. But I never liked that term.

2.  Toughness - Trump is reckless.  He is a diplomatic disaster waiting to happen.  Hand Trump the nuke codes and see what he does.

3.  Dealmaker - Making deals is what got us into this mess.  We need a President who will stand on principles - not one who is ready to cut deals with Democrats.  We already have a Senate Majority Leader and a House Speaker that does that.  Another minus for Trump.

4.  Speaking his mind - Have you actually listened to the things that Trump has said?  If you did, you would be running away as fast as you could.

5.  High standards - Just exactly how many people did Trump fire over the Trump University debacle?  Zero.  This isn't a TV show.  This is real life we're talking about here.  If you are basing your opinion on what Trump did on the Apprentice, then we are all screwed.

6.  Commitment to Education - See:  Trump University

7.  Building business - Trump has a bad track record when it comes to business.  He is regularly sued for not paying contractors.  His businesses have faced bankruptcy four times.  And he is not willing to share the details of his net worth to anyone, which brings into question just how successful he really is.

8.  Balancing his job - If his campaign is any indication, then we are all in trouble.  Because so far, Trump has run the laziest campaign in US history.  He still can't get his campaign against Hillary in gear and has not put any fundraising apparatus in place.  Sure, he can stand at a podium and run his mouth.  But that doesn't cut it when the job begins.

9.  Loyalty - Trump's loyalty is to Donald Trump.  As for the Republic and the Constitution upon which it is founded, not so much.  Someone that would try to use eminent domain to take an old lady's house away so that he could have more room for his own business is not someone who cares about average Americans.

10.  Laws - Trump has already exhibited disdain for the Bill of Rights as well as a blithering ignorance for the balance of powers as outlined in our Constitution.  He often finds himself as a defendant in court for not honoring contractual agreements.

I am sure you wished Trump stood for these things, but he does not.  Anyone who believes that property rights reside with the government and not the people should not be allowed anywhere near the White House.  Not even Bernie Sanders believes that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2016, 11:48:59 am »

We can do all the above.

1) Celebrate Cruz and his speech defending his family
2) Vote for Cruz in 2018
3) Vote for Cruz for TX gov
4) Hope Cruz goes to SC
5) Vote for Cruz 2020 and 2024
6) Applaud Cruz for supporting candidates down ticket like in GA
7) Vote Trump 2016
8) Pray to our creator
9) Support convention of states.

Thoughts on Trump's challenges are well known.  Still, he is better than McCain, Mittens or even GWB for a second term....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:50:37 am by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2016, 11:59:36 am »
We can do all the above.

2) Vote for Cruz in 2018
4) Hope Cruz goes to SC
7) Vote Trump 2016
8) Pray to our creator

#4 and #6 will never happen.  Otherwise I agree with you.

Thoughts on Trump's challenges are well known.  Still, he is better than McCain, Mittens or even GWB for a second term....

I was able to justify my vote for McCain and Romney...felt no shame in voting for W twice.

There is no reason in the world right now I would consider voting for Trump.  No one who considers themselves a Conservative can see any reason to vote for him. 

Trump supports everything a Conservative does not and should not support.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2016, 12:12:03 pm »

It's not the the time to get behind Trump. He hasn't earned that privilege yet

It's all about the leverage, ladies and gentlemen. Never give up your leverage.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2016, 02:38:38 pm »
We can do all the above.

?????

Kind of like the one we got.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2016, 02:50:49 pm »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Silver Pines

« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2016, 04:39:32 pm »
Further I'm not a Trumpkin...I'm a voter supporting the Republican ticket because to do anything else otherwise is a sure win for the vile Clinton Machinery...and that cannot happen to this country.

@WAC

Well, you self-identified as one when you came out for Trump.  I've referred back to it before, but you're only denying it now.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2016, 04:42:49 pm »
@WAC

Well, you self-identified as one when you came out for Trump.  I've referred back to it before, but you're only denying it now.

WAC also fails to realize with Trump at the top of the GOP ticket its a win for the "vile Clinton machinery".

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2016, 05:48:49 pm »

This is honestly a part of Trump's campaign that has me confused.  On the one hand, he seems to be arguing for more isolationism, and not getting us involved in overseas wars.  On the other, he's promising to destroy ISIS and stand up for us overseas.  And I haven't seem him speak clearly as to how those two goals can both be accomplished

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2016, 05:51:19 pm »
This is honestly a part of Trump's campaign that has me confused.  On the one hand, he seems to be arguing for more isolationism, and not getting us involved in overseas wars.  On the other, he's promising to destroy ISIS and stand up for us overseas.  And I haven't seem him speak clearly as to how those two goals can both be accomplished

When you flip flop so often on issues, you theoretically make everybody happy half the time.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2016, 06:43:04 pm »

My sense is that Trump is talking about his support for rapid, large scale offensive against direct threats to American citizens, such as the current ISIS threat, as opposed to tying America to the failed concept of nation building as a way to combat Islamic terrorism.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2016, 06:50:52 pm »
My sense is that Trump is talking about his support for rapid, large scale offensive against direct threats to American citizens, such as the current ISIS threat, as opposed to tying America to the failed concept of nation building as a way to combat Islamic terrorism.

Is that your position or Mr Trump's?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

geronl

« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »
We can do all the above.

2) Vote for Cruz in 2018
4) Hope Cruz goes to SC
7) Vote Trump 2016
8) Pray to our creator

geronl

« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2016, 06:57:12 pm »

You just aren't paying attention. lol... he has made it plain that NATO will vanish and Russia will be allowed to invade whatever countries they like.

geronl

« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2016, 06:58:24 pm »
I am sure you wished Trump stood for these things, but he does not.  Anyone who believes that property rights reside with the government and not the people should not be allowed anywhere near the White House.  Not even Bernie Sanders believes that.

:amen: :amen:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2016, 06:59:32 pm »

No one should have to guess what their candidate's position is on as many issues as you have to do with Trump.  That is one of the biggest problems I have with him.  He says just enough to lead people in a certain direction and then leaves it to them to figure out for themselves what he really meant.  Which is very convenient for him; no concrete positions, he can honestly say "I never said that", he can change his mind on something and his supporters can reason with themselves that it really wasn't a change of positions..

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2016, 07:12:25 pm »

Trump tends to say whatever it is that he believes he should say at any specific moment in time, according to what he perceives will reap him the greatest immediate benefit. That's why he says so many contradictory things.

Isolationists support him because they've heard him support isolationist ideas and interventionists support him because they've heard him voice interventionists ideas.

As illustrated by aligncare's posts, his supporters support him based primarily on their projections of their positions rather than on his actual ones.

They are forced to "sense" what his positions will be since he routinely contradicts himself and there is no record of governing to base any predictions on.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:20:33 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2016, 07:13:56 pm »
No one should have to guess what their candidate's position is on as many issues as you have to do with Trump.  That is one of the biggest problems I have with him.  He says just enough to lead people in a certain direction and then leaves it to them to figure out for themselves what he really meant.  Which is very convenient for him; no concrete positions, he can honestly say "I never said that", he can change his mind on something and his supporters can reason with themselves that it really wasn't a change of positions..

I distinctly recall several months ago, when Mr. Trump said he was merely voicing "suggestions":

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-05-13/trump-everything-is-a-suggestion

Donald Trump's campaign promises are officially subject to change.

On Friday, the presumptive Republican nominee was pressed over comments he made earlier this week that his proposal to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the U.S. was a "just a suggestion."

"Yeah. It was a suggestion. Look, anything I say right now, I'm not the president," Trump said in a call to "Fox and Friends" on Friday morning. "Everything is a suggestion, no matter what you say, it's a suggestion."

"I feel strongly we have to do something about when you look at radical Islamic terrorism, we have a president that as you folks know very well, we have a president who won't use the term for the World Trade Center, he won't use the term," he said. "And we have to do something. And you're not going to do something about it until you know what the problem is."

Hmmm, so if I say I'm #NeverTrump, it's merely a "suggestion" until I step in the voting booth.   :nono:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2016, 07:20:15 pm »

It's their own personal hope and change and dreams that they are grafting to their nominee.

Same thing the Obama worshippers did in 2008 and 2012 - when they parsed his words to mean he was going to pay for their gas and mortgages.

Same phenomena - a people given over to strong delusion and fanaticism.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2016, 07:22:55 pm »
It's their own personal hope and change and dreams that they are grafting to their nominee.

Same thing the Obama worshippers did in 2008 and 2012 - when they parsed his words to mean he was going to pay for their gas and mortgages.

Same phenomena - a people given over to strong delusion and fanaticism.

It is sad that voters of both arms of the Democrat party are so susceptible to a cult of personality.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline WAC

« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2016, 11:11:46 pm »
@WAC

Like those who are opposing Trump but say they aren't for Hillary...type of identification?