Author Topic: The 10 Most Important Reasons Trump Would Make a Great President.....  (Read 18018 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: The 10 Most Important Reasons Trump Would Make a Great President.....
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2016, 02:56:11 pm »
Easy....look at where each stands 'on the issues'.....and select the one that most represents your own.  That is what we are voting for....

We know Hillary will choose Liberal/progressive Judges, which that alone is sufficient reason to not vote for her.....
We know she will open the borders for every third world nations peoples to come here, bringing with the their backward cultures and violent natures, not to mention illnesses.... and with this most are illiterate even in their own language and culture so the welfare system will grow with 'Lifetime" and generation's of these people. .....Not to mention further giving amnesty to all the illegals here already...These are just a couple of the things WE KNOW she will indeed do.

Trump has shown conservative lists of those he's considering for Judges.....
Trump wants to secure the border by Tripling the number of ICE officers.....Nationwide e-verify........eliminating tax credit payments to illegal immigrants......Mandatory return of all criminal aliens, canceling any visas to foreign countries which will not accept their own criminals, and making it a separate and additional crime to commit an offense while here illegally. ...no more catch-and-release, no sanctuary cities while cutting off federal grants to any city which refuses to cooperate with federal law enforcement.....Individuals who refuse to leave at the time their visa expires will be subject to criminal penalties; ....Completion of a visa tracking system .... All illegal aliens in gangs be apprehended and deported. ..End birthright citizenship...and the list goes on......

These are just  two issues which I believe are important to this country........and sufficient enough, though Trump has several other positions I also agree on....

You make great points, WAC, but I'm reminded of Mr. Trump's own words from a mere 75 days ago, when he said (paraphrased) he's merely offering "suggestions." Sure, I understand he's not in the Oval Office, but I'm skeptical of his commitment.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2016, 03:06:16 pm »
Yes, but, now, surprise! surprise! Everyone's feathers are all ruffled that Trump is part of the American pay-to-play political system they've known existed at least since conservative radio icon Rush Limbaugh, and the rest of conservative radio, began widely exposing and criticizing it 25 years ago.

There we have it. This is progress. Lest we forget, Trump promised to not be that guy.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2016, 03:07:39 pm »
This is honestly a part of Trump's campaign that has me confused.  On the one hand, he seems to be arguing for more isolationism, and not getting us involved in overseas wars.  On the other, he's promising to destroy ISIS and stand up for us overseas.  And I haven't seem him speak clearly as to how those two goals can both be accomplished

One thing that my brother learned from being in Special Operations in Iraq was their different definition of "truth".  Truth, to them, was "what benefits me".  They could tell two contradictory things, but still pass a lie-detector test.

For example, he heard Iraqis proclaim "The evil Jews were the ones who took down the Twin Towers" and then in another breath say that 9/11 demonstrated Muslim superiority because they were able to take down those great towers.  And they wouldn't see a contradiction at all, because in both cases, they saw their statements as supporting them.

Totally foreign to American minds.

Well, perhaps we see a similar thing here.  He doesn't see a contradiction, because both positions suit him.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2016, 03:30:37 pm »
Easy....look at where each stands 'on the issues'.....and select the one that most represents your own.  That is what we are voting for....

We know Hillary will choose Liberal/progressive Judges, which that alone is sufficient reason to not vote for her.....
We know she will open the borders for every third world nations peoples to come here, bringing with the their backward cultures and violent natures, not to mention illnesses.... and with this most are illiterate even in their own language and culture so the welfare system will grow with 'Lifetime" and generation's of these people. .....Not to mention further giving amnesty to all the illegals here already...These are just a couple of the things WE KNOW she will indeed do.

Trump has shown conservative lists of those he's considering for Judges.....
Trump wants to secure the border by Tripling the number of ICE officers.....Nationwide e-verify........eliminating tax credit payments to illegal immigrants......Mandatory return of all criminal aliens, canceling any visas to foreign countries which will not accept their own criminals, and making it a separate and additional crime to commit an offense while here illegally. ...no more catch-and-release, no sanctuary cities while cutting off federal grants to any city which refuses to cooperate with federal law enforcement.....Individuals who refuse to leave at the time their visa expires will be subject to criminal penalties; ....Completion of a visa tracking system .... All illegal aliens in gangs be apprehended and deported. ..End birthright citizenship...and the list goes on......

These are just  two issues which I believe are important to this country........and sufficient enough, though Trump has several other positions I also agree on....

Yes. But, you see, #NeverTrump will simply refuse to believe you. (They've got a psychological tic, you know - it's part of the TDS symptom complex.)

To them, Donald Trump is playing a role. It doesn't matter that Trump has been espousing the exact same positions for at least 35-40 years -- for heaven's sake, we've got him saying it on tape in 1988! Anyone can listen to him as a guest on Oprah's show saying exactly what he's saying today as candidate for president!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2016, 03:33:37 pm »
There we have it. This is progress. Lest we forget, Trump promised to not be that guy.

Absolutely false. Donald Trump never denied being stuck in 'the system.' He told the voting public right up-front that he is very familiar with the pay to play system, but that he's opposed to it.. Problem is, you weren't listening because you hate Donald Trump vulgarities. Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees....
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:40:29 pm by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2016, 03:37:55 pm »
...Face reality, folks. America's future depends upon a binary vote...you don't get that, I understand. But, the truth is...you're letting your hatred of Donald Trump blind you to reality.

Rational decisions are never made in the heat of hatred.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 04:17:35 pm by aligncare »

HonestJohn

« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2016, 03:40:53 pm »
The significant difference is the Trump is unprincipled AND undisciplined.  HRC is very disciplined.  She is capable of doing more damage.

Hillary is a corrupt politician.  An ordinary politician which we've seen before.  We know her boundaries.

Trump has no concept of limits or boundaries.  He will step over them without thought.

Therefore, he will threathen far more.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2016, 03:43:04 pm »
...Face reality, folks. America's future depends upon a binary vote...you don't get that, I understand. But, the truth is...you're letting your hatred of Donald Trump blind to reality.

Rational decisions are not made in the heat of hatred.

The only rational decision for me is to not vote for Trump and not vote for Hillary.

You got Trump nominated, now you elect him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2016, 03:46:49 pm »
The only rational decision for me is to not vote for Trump and not vote for Hillary.

You got Trump nominated, now you elect him.

Don't understand these Trump toadies that are badgering us.  Their candidate himself stated he didn't need us conservatives.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2016, 03:47:38 pm »
And you're dreaming if you think Trump is going to change that crony capitalist system.

His kids would be running his business and will need things to stay just as they are.

Correct.

I heard the same thing in 2008 from a few BHO supporters that even though BHO came from and was part of the corrupt Chicago political system, that would make him the perfect choice to clean up DC as he understood corruption. Remember the claims BHO would clean up DC? I remember them well

How's that working out? So call me skeptical of Trump's claims he would clean up a system he's benefitted from
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2016, 03:49:17 pm »
Those are all great assumptions and hopes as to what Trump will do with absolutely no track record except that of a liberal and flip flopping on every issue he's mentioned.

Yup.

Blithe boilerplate assurances are no guarantee or even indication.

Projections by those who HOPE he will do these things, are not guarantees or indication.

His behavior this last year...everything from his failures in campaigning, to his automatic revert-to-whining mode, to his babbling incoherently, to his deranged slanders...suggest he will NOT make America great; that he will make America a laughingstock.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2016, 03:49:42 pm »
Don't understand these Trump toadies that are badgering us.  Their candidate himself stated he didn't need us conservatives.

Good question.

Offline WAC

« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2016, 03:55:59 pm »
...Face reality, folks. America's future depends upon a binary vote...you don't get that, I understand. But, the truth is...you're letting your hatred of Donald Trump blind to reality......Rational decisions are never made in the heat of hatred.

A third party candidate is a unicorn fantasy at this stage of the cycle.
 There is a binary choice for president - Trump or Clinton.
Our current system narrows the possible candidates to two party offerings. ...that is the reality.

But it is true that a person can vote third party or write in the name of their favorite unicorn... But the effect is the same, it is abstaining.... An abstention vote is allowing the remaining voters to choose for you.......some seem to be perfectly comfortable doing just that.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2016, 04:03:42 pm »
...in fairness, though, I understand the dilemma Donald Trump's nomination puts people in. Calling them conflicted is putting it mildly. They hate Hillary, but they despise Donald Trump. What to do, what to do?

It's not a matter of being conflicted.  I do not have to vote for either one. It is a simple concept that you seem unable to grasp.  There is no dilemma - only sadness and loss.  With Hillary as the Dem candidate, this election was a sure thing for the GOP.  It is mindblowing to me how the Republicans could throw it all away by choosing a NY liberal to be their candidate.

Heck, we could have had the Koch brothers as co-Presidents if we wanted.  Yet we pick the worst possible candidate on the planet - a candidate so flawed that the can't-win Hillary has a real chance of beating him.

Dilemma?  No, it's a disaster.  And one made by people who were ready to discard their Conservative principles before the first commercial break on an Apprentice rerun.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2016, 04:05:16 pm »
...Face reality, folks. America's future depends upon a binary vote...you don't get that, I understand. But, the truth is...you're letting your hatred of Donald Trump blind to reality.

America had multiple choices, but a small group of people within the GOP decided to force America into a horrendous false binary choice.

The picture that you paint here, where we have a binary choice of picking one or the other is false. The real choice is left to each and every one of us, and included options like make no choice, or make a choice other than the two you keep trying to shove down our throats.

My vote belongs to me, and I understand the untruth behind the "binary choice" meme.

One more thing.

Labeling political opposition as "hatred" or any other visceral reaction used to be the left's favorite tactic... it still is.

I don't hate Trump. I oppose his candidacy for political and ideological reasons.

Perhaps it would be easier to convince people that Trump and his supporters are not leftists if you stopped talking like one.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline WAC

« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2016, 04:05:30 pm »
Yes. But, you see, #NeverTrump will simply refuse to believe you. (They've got a psychological tic, you know - it's part of the TDS symptom complex.)........To them, Donald Trump is playing a role. It doesn't matter that Trump has been espousing the exact same positions for at least 35-40 years -- for heaven's sake, we've got him saying it on tape in 1988! Anyone can listen to him as a guest on Oprah's show saying exactly what he's saying today as candidate for president!

Interesting you would mention video's of Trumps positions from years ago....... for they are the first thing I observed when I chose to investigate Trumps history....and other resources rather than thru the media's spin.  It was true after all, as I looked further......and confirmed what became the obvious.
..and  Just as looking carefully at how he conducts himself off stage......quite another picture than the 'stage' presence we see at Rally's etc.

As for #NeverTrump folks......more are coming around and realize that Hillary cannot win this......and that they don't have to "like" Trump to do the right thing. His positions are for the most part directly opposite of Hillary's......

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2016, 04:06:41 pm »

I have faced reality.  Neither of these candidates are worth the powder needed to blow them to Hell

I recall some pundit saying EXACTLY THAT, when Little Lord Donnie was making funny faces and waving his middle finger.  I said, he's a clown.  The trumpies said, WE'RE MAD.

We do a lot of things when we're mad.  We beat our kids.  We break furniture.  We slug strangers.  We kill our spouses.

And when we're not mad anymore, we have regrets.

And we have to live with the consequences.

The Mad People gave us this buffoon.  I cannot vote for this buffoon or the other unfunny buffoon.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2016, 04:07:46 pm »
It's not a matter of being conflicted.  I do not have to vote for either one. It is a simple concept that you seem unable to grasp.  There is no dilemma - only sadness and loss.  With Hillary as the Dem candidate, this election was a sure thing for the GOP.  It is mindblowing to me how the Republicans could throw it all away by choosing a NY liberal to be their candidate.

Heck, we could have had the Koch brothers as co-Presidents if we wanted.  Yet we pick the worst possible candidate on the planet - a candidate so flawed that the can't-win Hillary has a real chance of beating him.

Dilemma?  No, it's a disaster.  And one made by people who were ready to discard their Conservative principles before the first commercial break on an Apprentice rerun.

goopo
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2016, 04:10:06 pm »

BS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2016, 04:12:04 pm »
That is correct...

Wow.  That was a dishonest post.

That's not what austingirl was saying at all.

Why did you do that, @WAC ??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2016, 04:12:32 pm »
BS!

I agree.  The rate of implosion of these two candidates creates a scenario where one or both may be removed from the ticket .
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WAC

« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2016, 04:14:18 pm »

You stated...."America had multiple choices, but a small group of people within the GOP decided to force America into a horrendous false binary choice.".....

NO....the "multiple" candidates didn't tow their own line,.....they either could not or refused 'to adapt' their campaigns to the paradium shift happening in the election, ...... we ll saw and recognized this early on, and so did they....but they falsely believed they could continue their campaigns under the old standards acquainted with and that the shift would rotate back...it never did...and they all lost for their own failures to adapt. ...and it is that very thing  voters, whose candidates lost, need to come to terms with.

Offline WAC

« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2016, 04:33:40 pm »
Wow.  That was a dishonest post.That's not what austingirl was saying at all.
Why did you do that, @WAC ??
I would assume that she can address her own posts..thank you....
However I didn't realize we have a hall moderator here who determines what portions of posters comments can or cannot be addressed.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2016, 04:37:56 pm »
....they either could not or refused 'to adapt' their campaigns to the paradium shift happening in the election

Explain this paradigm shift that caused voters such as yourself to reject the very essence of Conservatism in order to vote for a NY liberal who holds the very Constitution in contempt?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2016, 04:42:21 pm »
You stated...."America had multiple choices, but a small group of people within the GOP decided to force America into a horrendous false binary choice.".....

NO....the "multiple" candidates didn't tow their own line,.....they either could not or refused 'to adapt' their campaigns to the paradium shift happening in the election, ...... we ll saw and recognized this early on, and so did they....but they falsely believed they could continue their campaigns under the old standards acquainted with and that the shift would rotate back...it never did...and they all lost for their own failures to adapt. ...and it is that very thing  voters, whose candidates lost, need to come to terms with.

I've come to terms with my candidates of choice losing.

I'm also at ease with my own choice to not vote for Trump.

Others seem to have a problem with that, but I don't.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx