Author Topic: Patrick Buchanan: Ted Cruz and the Trump Takeover  (Read 3053 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Patrick Buchanan: Ted Cruz and the Trump Takeover
« on: July 23, 2016, 11:55:38 pm »
Patrick Buchanan: Ted Cruz and the Trump Takeover

The self-righteousness and smugness of Ted Cruz in refusing to endorse Donald Trump, then walking off stage in Cleveland, smirking amidst the boos, takes the mind back in time.

At the Cow Palace in San Francisco in July of 1964, Gov. Nelson Rockefeller, having been defeated by Barry Goldwater, took the podium to introduce a platform plank denouncing “extremism.”

Implication: Goldwater’s campaign is saturated with extremists.

Purpose: Advertise Rocky’s superior morality.

Smug and self-righteous, Rocky brayed at the curses and insults, “It’s a free country, ladies and gentlemen.”

Rocky was finished. He would never win the nomination.

Richard Nixon took another road, endorsed Goldwater, spoke for him in San Francisco, campaigned for him across America. And in 1968, with Goldwater’s backing, Nixon would rout Govs. George Romney and Rockefeller, and win the presidency, twice.

Sometimes, loyalty pays off.

More At: http://www.livingstonparishnews.com/patrick-buchanan-ted-cruz-and-the-trump-takeover/article_7720dcdc-5058-11e6-843c-f30252cb28d8.html

Offline libertybele

Re: Patrick Buchanan: Ted Cruz and the Trump Takeover
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 12:01:32 am »
Because of Cruz's speech, I remain #Never Trump.  A write-in vote for Cruz IS a vote for F R E E D O M ! ! !   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 12:04:52 am »
Freedom and the Constitution, conscience, Conservative Values, all things Ted Cruz stands for and were booed at the Trump Show. I stand with Ted Cruz.
Principles matter. Words matter.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 12:05:55 am »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 12:14:48 am »
Notice the trend among these rabid Trump Militants?

It's not Hillary they hate and want to oppose -

It's Cruz.  It's you and me.

They, like their prince, are still stuck on bashing Cruz and Principled Constitutional Conservatives who refuse to be 'loyal' to a man and a party, and instead are loyal to their principles and the Constitution.

THAT is what is driving them batshiite crazy, and they cannot let it go and focus on the one they supposedly are so afraid of getting into the White House.

Because Trump's campaign was never about the Constitution, liberty, limited government and inalienable rights.

It is about loyalty to him, the Establishment and punishing all those they have declared traitors.

It's just a purge by another name - and Hillary gets a free pass.

Because they hate us more than the one they say they fear.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 12:16:54 am »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 12:21:30 am »
Freedom and the Constitution, conscience, Conservative Values, all things Ted Cruz stands for and were booed at the Trump Show. I stand with Ted Cruz.

Apparently a lot of people do. He's in demand for endorsements and the candidates he's endorsing keep winning. (Another primary win in CO today) :patriot:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 12:21:36 am »

They, like their prince, are still stuck on bashing Cruz and Principled Constitutional Conservatives who refuse to be 'loyal' to a man and a party, and instead are loyal to their principles and the Constitution.

THAT is what is driving them batshiite crazy, and they cannot let it go and focus on the one they supposedly are so afraid of getting into the White House.

Because Trump's campaign was never about the Constitution, liberty, limited government and inalienable rights.

It is about loyalty to him, the Establishment and punishing all those they have declared traitors.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 12:24:07 am »
Ted Cruz speaks for me.

Deal with it.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 12:34:50 am »

Me also.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 12:47:43 am »
Ted was in Georgia at a rally for a conservative running for office.   The crowd was all for Ted.  Cheers of Ted Ted Ted were heard loud and clear.  He got a rousing reception.  Just reading about it touched my heart
The msm and that includes the fauxers can kiss my grits.  Real Americans love Ted Cruz.
Count me as one.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 12:50:50 am »

Trumpism is not a real thing, it is smoke, you can't hold onto it. It is a myth, a really stupid one, and it does not survive Trump.

Trumpism cannot exist without Trump. It cannot be led by Ivanka or Eric or Tiffany or Barron.

It is a cult of personality, there is no set beliefs and no principles that is Trumpism.

Trumpism dies with the Trump campaign or with Trump later on.

It is a pure cult.

Conservatism will survive. Conservatism doesn't need a figurehead. Conservatism doesn't need a leader.

Conservatism will survive.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 12:52:15 am »
Donald Trump is a lifelong liberal.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 12:53:50 am »
Trumpism is not a real thing, it is smoke, you can't hold onto it. It is a myth, a really stupid one, and it does not survive Trump.

Trumpism cannot exist without Trump. It cannot be led by Ivanka or Eric or Tiffany or Barron.

It is a cult of personality, there is no set beliefs and no principles that is Trumpism.

It is a pure cult.

Conservatism will survive. Conservatism doesn't need a figurehead. Conservatism doesn't need a leader.

Trumpism is the equivalent of Obamaism and we see how the air has gone out of that balloon.

Trumpism is about Trump.  NOTHING ELSE.

Your post should be read by everybody on this forum.  It is so on target.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 12:55:24 am »
And this takes votes away from Hillary how?  This delivers undecided votes to Trump how?  This makes Trump's case for securing the border, and points out Hillary's failures with confidential information how?  This clarifies Trump's trade policies, or proposed interactions with NATO allies how?

You do realize that Cruz is not in the race any more?
James 1:20

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 01:05:32 am »

It is a pure cult.

VERY well said!  I pray that you are right!

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 01:07:05 am »
Trumpism is the equivalent of Obamaism and we see how the air has gone out of that balloon.

Trumpism is about Trump.  NOTHING ELSE.

Your post should be read by everybody on this forum.  It is so on target.

Sooner or later a rudderless ship runs aground and sinks.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 02:32:10 am »
INVAR wrote:
"Notice the trend among these rabid Trump Militants?"

Hmmm.... what I "notice" in your post is:
P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N ...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 02:40:17 am »

Is Pat referring to the pledge Trump said he would not honor on 3/29, the pledge Trump wanted Cruz to go by before all the vicious attacks on Cruz' wife?

I think Cruz was particularly gracious not to just tell Trump to commit physically difficult, if not impossible acts with himself.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 02:43:04 am »
Apparently a lot of people do. He's in demand for endorsements and the candidates he's endorsing keep winning. (Another primary win in CO today) :patriot:
What they are really scared of is a bunch of Republicans getting elected, ones Cruz has endorsed, who will take the Party back and defy the Donnie.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 02:43:25 am »
You read the article, the Republicans went down hard in '64 but were really the Phoenix rising from the ashes after that, Nixon elected, Reagan elected for two terms.  They really did well.

And a lot of people would argue that the Reagan legacy then went off the tracks and with the Bushes, we had a new agenda.

I can go along with a lot they did; but also finding problems with other things.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 02:47:36 am »
  :amen:

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 02:51:33 am »

It is a pure cult.

Trumpism is just a used Camelot.

Only a real Democrat pulled that one off.

C S Lewis

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 02:54:06 am »
Ted Cruz speaks for me.

Deal with it.

Me also.

Offline billva

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 04:30:09 am »

Wow some of you live in la la land. 

Hillary gets no free pass except in the mind of the koolaid drinking Cruz/never Trump people.

You just cannot be paying attention to real events and believe this.