Author Topic: You have to read Trump’s bananas attack on Ted Cruz for yourself  (Read 7951 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/22/12258324/trump-attack-ted-cruz-transcript

You have to read Trump’s bananas attack on Ted Cruz for yourself

Updated by Katie Hicks on July 22, 2016, 2:40 p.m. ET @kt_hix katherine.hicks@vox.com

Below is the transcript of Donald Trump’s attack on Ted Cruz — in a speech given to Republican National Convention volunteers in Cleveland less than 24 hours after accepting the Republican party’s nomination for president.

If you turn on the television, if you turn on some of the dishonest media, you’ll see, "Oh well, this happened and this happened." What happened?

Somebody [Cruz] got booed the hell out a place by thousands and thousands of people. There wasn’t one person in the room. Not one. And then they said, "there may not be unity!" Unity? There wasn’t one person in the room who wasn’t — including the Texas delegation, right?

Honestly he may have ruined his political career. I feel so bad. I feel so bad.

And you know, he’ll come and endorse over the next little while. He’ll come and endorse. But I don’t want his endorsement! What difference does it make? I don’t want his endorsement. I have such great endors — I don’t want his endorsement. Just, Ted, stay home, relax, enjoy yourself.

Just a couple of things: I knew his speech. They gave me his speech. I knew exactly what his speech was, because when you go up to speak, you have to give your speech. You know, we don’t want surprises, right? So they gave it, they came to me, they said, "It’s a boring speech, Mr. Trump. Nothing good, nothing bad. He just congratulates you on the victory and here’s the speech."

Well he got up, and in the first two sentences, he added a sentence. In other words, he got up, and he added a sentence. Which could have been viewed as a nasty thing in terms of what he said because it was implying something which is wrong, but that’s okay.

So he took his speech — and you’re bound by that speech, just like you’re bound by the pledge. You’re bound by the pledge. So Ted Cruz took his speech that was done — was on the teleprompter — said hello, then made a statement that wasn’t on the speech and went back to his speech.

See, to me, that’s dishonorable. To me, not signing a pledge is dishonorable, okay? It’s dishonorable. Not a nice thing to do. And I talk this way because we’re all together. We created the one of the most successful conventions in the history of conventions. And the television ratings for this convention were through the roof.

[Trump then spends a couple of minutes talking about ratings, his wife and children's speeches, and the length of his own speech before returning back to Cruz.]

Two other things.

Two other things, just to finish with Ted because I like Ted. He’s fine.

Again, I don’t want his endorsement. If he gives it, I will not accept it. Just so you understand. I will not accept it. It won’t matter. Honestly, he should have done it because nobody cares and he would have been in better shape for four years from now if he’s gonna — I don’t see him winning anyway, frankly. But if he did, it’s fine.

Although maybe I’ll set up a Super PAC if he decides to run. Are you allowed to set up a Super PAC, Mike, if you are the president, to fight somebody?

[Mike Pence shakes his head and mouths the word "no."]

But there were two things that he said yesterday that were lies. Ready?

I didn’t start anything with the wife. A PAC, which he’s very friendly with, released a cover story on my wife, who’s this tremendously successful and elegant model, and she was on the cover of GQ magazine. I think it was GQ, right? And GQ magazine is not exactly Penthouse. But she was on the cover of GQ magazine. An artsy picture, but you know, she was a model. Really successful.

She didn’t need to marry me. She was making a lot of money. Believe me. In fact, I had to work hard to get her to marry me. It wasn’t that easy. It’s true. It’s so true. You think I’m kidding.

So they released this picture, which was — to the people of the state of Utah. I love Utah. I love the people of Utah. But that’s not necessarily where you want to send a risqué photo and everybody in Utah got a picture. And I don’t think they showed that it was GQ. I think they took the GQ off, they cut all the stuff out so you couldn’t see it was a magazine cover from, you know, a reasonably respected magazine. And it was Melania Trump. Now, and I’m saying this just to clear it up because Ted says "he took adv —" I didn’t do anything.

Then when I saw somebody tweeted a picture of Melania and a picture of Heidi [Cruz] — who I think, by the way, is a very nice woman and a very beautiful woman, I have to tell you. I think Heidi Cruz is a great person. I think it’s the best thing he’s got going and his kids, if you wanna know the truth. In a certain way, although he’s got good intellect but he doesn’t know how to use it. And he was a good debater but he didn’t do well in the debates against me, according to every poll. I mean every poll. Just a great debater except he lost in every single poll in every single debate.

So that takes care of the Heidi thing because Heidi is a terrific woman but they sent out — Now he said, "That was a PAC. We had nothing to do —" Folks, most of us are political people, right? We’re not babies. His people were on the PAC. So he said, "We had nothing to do —, we had to —" Now, probably, you could trace it down with emails, but they’re pretty smart, probably just used phone calls. But look, it was a PAC with many of his friends. It was a Cruz Super PAC. I think he even said, "Well it wasn’t really meant for us." It was a Cruz PAC. It was his people.

Okay so they sent out the first picture. Please remember.

Okay. Number two.

His father. I don't know his father, I met him once. I think he's a lovely guy. I think he's a lovely guy. All I did was point out that on the cover of the National Enquirer there was a picture of him and crazy Lee Harvey Oswald having breakfast. Now, Ted never denied that it was his father. Instead he said, "Donald Trump!" — I had nothing to do with it!

This was a magazine that frankly, in many respects, should be very respected. They got OJ, they got Edwards. If that was the New York Times, they would've gotten Pulitzer Prizes for their reporting. I've always said, "Why didn't the National Enquirer get the Pulitzer Prize for Edwards, and OJ Simpson, and all of these things?"

But anyway, so they have a picture, an old picture, having breakfast with Lee Harvey Oswald. Now, I’m not saying anything. Here’s how the press takes that story. This had nothing to do with me. Except I might have pointed it out, but it had nothing to do with me, I have no control over anything. I might have pointed it out. But nobody ever denied — did anyone ever deny that it was his father? It’s a little hard to do, because it looks like him.

So here’s the story, they say, "Donald Trump and his conspiracy theories, he went out and said his father was with Lee Harvey Oswald, and he assassinated the president." What’d I do?

So two things. Those were the two points.

So on those two points, he said about the endorsement — And I just cleared up, I think I’m doing the right thing in doing it but I have to do it. Number one: The Heidi thing you understand now. Number two: I know nothing about his father, I know nothing about Lee Harvey Oswald. But there was a picture on the front page of the National Enquirer which does have credibility, and they’re not going to do pictures like that because they get sued for a lot of money if things are wrong. Okay? A lot of money. And there was a picture, and that’s the only thing I know. So now they use the two things as the reason he won’t support me.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

Re: You have to read Trump’s bananas attack on Ted Cruz for yourself
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 02:00:23 pm »
Somewhere, Team Hillary is smiling
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 02:05:59 pm »
I can't fathom a brain that functions like this.  I'm just an engineer, so my brain does one thought at a time, to completion.  What do you call this disorder?  It's like ADD on steroids.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 02:13:09 pm »
Irrelevant to the fight before us.  Our enemy is Hillary Clinton.   :shrug:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 02:16:57 pm »

On the contrary.  It's completely relevant that Trump is clinically crazy, that he gives the Hillary campaign a clear roadmap on how to rile him up so that he continues to exhibit his mental illness.

America won't elect crazy, and the Democrats know that.  So do you, but you voted for this biploar dope.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 02:17:12 pm »
On of the biggest myths the Progressive Nationalist/ Populists believe is that Hillary will be easy to beat. Despite her problems, many trends favor her. The big one is demographics. The other is BHO's JAR being in the 50's. Another is she, as of now, has a much better ground game set up than he. Another is the Blue Wall, although that may fall into the demographic category. She will carry the NE and the west coast. Another, and alarming trend, is  a majority is now on some kind of government assistant. That's why you see Trump trying to promise government goodies but no GOP candidate can out compete Democrats on that one. Another is experience. Hillary has more experience campaigning than Trump. And, despite many on the left not enamored with her, they do seem to be coming around to her reluctantly assuming the polls are correct

In short, Trump can ill afford more of this behavior and missteps especially with a hostile media
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:18:20 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 02:19:43 pm »
I watched this yesterday morning and his disorganized mind was on full display. I didn't think the sheer insanity of his Trumpfit would come across in the transcript- but it does! The loose associations and flight of ideas are indicative of a very disturbed mind. Trump is a vindictive and hate-filled man who brooks no opposition. He will make Nixon and his enemies list look like a kindergarten party.

His focus on destroying Conservatives rather than his supposed opponent show that he intends to help Hiltery win. What a giant scam on the GOP.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 02:22:29 pm »
On of the biggest myths the Progressive Nationalist/ Populists believe is that Hillary will be easy to beat. Despite her problems, many trends favor her. The big one is demographics. The other is BHO's JAR being in the 50's. Another is she, as of now, has a much better ground game set up than he. Another is the Blue Wall, although that may fall into the demographic category. She will carry the NE and the west coast. Another, and alarming trend, is  a majority is now on some kind of government assistant. That's why you see Trump trying to promise government goodies but no GOP candidate can out compete Democrats on that one. Another is experience. Hillary has more experience campaigning than Trump. And, despite many on the left not enamored with her, they do seem to be coming around to her reluctantly assuming the polls are correct

In short, Trump can ill afford more of this behavior and missteps especially with a hostile media

The other thing that Hitlery has going for her is the voter fraud by the Dims. Think of all those dead people voting for her!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 02:35:28 pm »
I can't fathom a brain that functions like this.  I'm just an engineer, so my brain does one thought at a time, to completion.  What do you call this disorder?  It's like ADD on steroids.

You mention ADD.  I will tell you what I think.  I have psychologically tested a thousand or more learning disabled children, mentally retarded, brain injured children, to place them in school where they would get the best help.  My report would determine what their school life would be so I took that responsibility seriously.

I think Trump has a learning disability, don't think he could/can read well and think that is why he physically attacked his music teacher when in the fourth grade.  His father said he was a difficult child due to his behavior and the father said he was sent to military school to try to change his behavior.

And yes, he does have ADD on steroids but that is likely caused due to his not getting enough sleep.  A brain resets itself in deep sleep and Trump says he sleeps maybe three hours.  That is not enough sleep to function well.  As a result of deprivation of sleep, I think his brain is jumbled, always in turmoil, and likely that is why he has trouble making a complete sentence. 

So, what does deprivation of sleep mean if you are president of this country?  It means you will be under major pressure 24 hrs. a day and your brain has to be able to handle this and I don't think his can because his brain is not resetting every night.  I am suggesting a melt down of his brain and his collapse.
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:51:12 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline WAC

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 02:36:27 pm »

It's very surprising to see people somehow think 'Trump's stage presence' is going to change when he's still in a race for the win.......those opposing him just keep wanting to remold the guy into the image of  the standards they're comfortable with without realizing those standards are not going to work any longer......you would think after 17 candidates lost and could not adapt their campaigns to the new political terrain, people would understand what's happening.

Last night I was chatting with several friends and family members around the country.......all whom have dug further to see what Trump is like and how he works "off stage".......there are indeed two sides of this man when he handles life and work off stage. That we all agreed on.......even so there are concerns if or not he can continue with his "style" on stage in the general....though all expect him to go after Hitlery and her thugs they are hoping to see an otherwise Trump in interviews and such......time will show that.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 02:38:11 pm »
You mention ADD.  I will tell you what I think.  I have psychologically tested a thousand or more learning disabled children, mentally retarded, brain injured children, to place them in school where they would get the best help.  My report would determine what their school life would be so I took that responsibility seriously.

I think Trump has a learning disability, don't think he could/can read well and think that is why he physically attacked his music teacher when in the fourth grade.  His father said he was a difficult child due to his behavior and the father said he was sent to military school to try to change his behavior.

And yes, he does have ADD on steroids but that is likely caused due to his not getting enough sleep.  A brain resets itself in deep sleep and Trump says he sleeps maybe three hours.  That is not enough sleep to function well.  As a result of deprivation of sleep, I think his brain is jumbled, always in turmoil, and likely that is why he has trouble making a complete sentence. 

So, what does deprivation of sleep mean if you are president of this country?  It means you will be under major pressure 24 hrs. a day and your brain has to be able to handle this and I don't think his can because his brain is not resetting every night.  I am suggesting a melt down of his brain and his collapse.
@CatherineofAragon

Excellent analysis.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 02:38:36 pm »

Could not agree more.  Let's start taking on the real enemy.

So to that end, Trump is out this morning....

...ridiculing Fauxcahantas?????
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 02:46:34 pm »

Isaiah 5:20New King James Version (NKJV)

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

It is hard for me to grasp that Trump supporters find this presidential.  Donald Trump only orchestrated this opportunity for him to trash Ted Cruz again.  He continues by giving credit to a tabloid.  Trump believes the tabloid is credible.  This is the guy that trashes media on a regular basis but a rag that post gossip and alligator boys is credible.  He was up there thinking that people would get entertainment out of his further bashing of Ted Cruz and his family.  Some will just like Isaiah 5:20 says.  And Woe to Pence who I watched during this trashing to see if I could find a bit of confusion, or disagreement with Trump in his face.  No, nothing.  He stood there like he agreed.  Unbelievable.  That is what our country has come to.  Two men and the tabloids.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:47:48 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline WAC

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 02:49:49 pm »

@CatherineofAragon

Bush was often chided for not making complete sentences....often with the reason he thinks ahead of the moment and that would get in the way "outloud' making it appear as if his sentence structure was garbled. 

Trump does this as well only almost all of his thoughts are spoken outloud......he doesn't seem to have some of the restraint Bush has.

Additionally testing children is very different than one would do with adults as adults develop amazing coping techniques to mask what they may not understand they're contending with, apart from  intervention, the human mind is an amazing structure that adapts frequently and often without effort to what's perceived as "different" to the acceptable norm.

If or not Trump is ADD would not be a problem as not unusual leaders and successful businessmen have shown are just that. ..and it is an exaggeration saying he's ADD on steroids when you consider his basic narcissistic personality 'type'.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 02:51:51 pm »

I am a fellow engineer and I completely agree with you.  The words, when read, are bizarre, but the behavior that was displayed, the delivery of the words, combined with the words themselves bordered on lunacy.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 02:56:14 pm »
I am a fellow engineer and I completely agree with you.  The words, when read, are bizarre, but the behavior that was displayed, the delivery of the words, combined with the words themselves bordered on lunacy.

Consider that Trump might not want to win. Consider that just running has increased his net worth as a celebrity immeasurably, even if he goes home in November. Consider the Clintons are his friends.

Also, consider that he, his ego and flair for theater have made common cause with the GOPe who hate Ted Cruz far more than they do Hillary Clinton.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 02:57:57 pm »

I've been looking through the dnc wikileak dump and I found several interesting emails on strategy. One jumped out because it discusses a certain candidate and the use of poor grammar as a tool to tweak people to keep their attention. I'm doing a write up on all of it but the dnc email leak confirms what a lot of us suspected.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 03:00:49 pm »

Someone needs to tell your boy that.  So far he...and a bunch his supporters...including some here have shown no interest or inclination to mount a general election campaign.

They are too concerned with trashing Cruz and acting like the sore loser they claim Cruz is.

November isn't as far away as you think of it is and the second week of October will be too late to start focusing on winning in November. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 03:04:00 pm »

As of yesterday's announcement that Trump will fund $20M to unseat Cruz,...... BOTH ARE THE ENEMY.

I will do anything and everything earthly and legally possible to sabotage Trump's campaign.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 03:04:26 pm »

Additionally testing children is very different than one would do with adults as adults develop amazing coping techniques to mask what they may not understand they're contending with, apart from  intervention, the human mind is an amazing structure that adapts frequently and often without effort to what's perceived as "different" to the acceptable norm.

I tested ADULTS and children for over 20 years.  The adults I tested were learning disabled, brain injured, mentally retarded, personality disorders, and they were people living their life, or in a mental hospital, or career criminals recently out of prison.
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:07:58 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 03:06:57 pm »
Consider that Trump might not want to win. Consider that just running has increased his net worth as a celebrity immeasurably, even if he goes home in November. Consider the Clintons are his friends.

Also, consider that he, his ego and flair for theater have made common cause with the GOPe who hate Ted Cruz far more than they do Hillary Clinton.

It makes perfect sense to me.

I am hesitant to give much credence to conspiracy theories; they also tend to border on lunacy.  But I have a hard time coming up with any rational explanation for what is being displayed.  I have a hard time believing that anyone would be willing to make such a huge ass of themselves.  There is no reward that I can think of that would be worth compromising myself for.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 03:07:38 pm »

I've been looking through the dnc wikileak dump and I found several interesting emails on strategy. One jumped out because it discusses a certain candidate and the use of poor grammar as a tool to tweak people to keep their attention. I'm doing a write up on all of it but the dnc email leak confirms what a lot of us suspected.

I am certainly looking forward to reading that.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 03:12:25 pm »
I am hesitant to give much credence to conspiracy theories; they also tend to border on lunacy.  But I have a hard time coming up with any rational explanation for what is being displayed.  I have a hard time believing that anyone would be willing to make such a huge ass of themselves.  There is no reward that I can think of that would be worth compromising myself for.

Trump exudes classical symptoms of megalomania and narcissism, and is mentally unfit to be CIC
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline etcb

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 03:18:07 pm »
November isn't as far away as you think of it is and the second week of October will be too late to start focusing on winning in November.
Mr. Trump is a political genius and I am absolutely certain that in the election on November 8, 2016 he will soundly defeat Senator Ted Cruz for the republican nomination.  I can't understand what all this emphasis on Sec. Clinton is all about. /s

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2016, 03:20:10 pm »

We know today's GOPe is reasonably comfortable with the kinds of status quo policies Hillary Clinton espouses. We know they hate Ted Cruz because he is sincerely committed to restoring Constitutionally mandated limited government. He's 46 and a long term threat.

We know Trump is a huckster who has been all about money making schemes and who up until recently was far more democrat than he was classic republican.

Given what he is saying right now, what possible other explanation could there be?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:22:47 pm by skeeter »