Author Topic: MITT ROMNEY had higher RATINGS than Trump for his nomination speech!! And that’s not all!  (Read 1650 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE RIGHT SCOOP

URL: http://therightscoop.com/lol-mitt-romney-had-higher-ratings-than-trump-for-his-nomination-speech-and-thats-not-all/

The RATINGS are in!!! And for all the bragging that the Donald does, he was just not able to bring the viewers!!

Alex Weprin
✔  ‎@alexweprin 

An average of 29.9 million people watched Donald trump accept GOP nomination during 10 PM hour last night on broadcast, CNN, FNC, MSNBC

1:49 PM - 22 Jul 2016

Dylan Byers
✔  ‎@DylanByers 

DNC '12 (final night): 35.7m
RNC '12 (final night): 30.3m
DNC '08 (final night): 38.4m
RNC '08 (final night): 38.9m

https://twitter.com/alexweprin/status/756546694733586432

2:00 PM - 22 Jul 2016

919 919 Retweets

620 620 likes

Ari Rabin-Havt
✔  ‎@AriRabinHavt 

Donald Trump received 400k less viewers than Mitt Romney did for his acceptance speech. Sad!

2:11 PM - 22 Jul 2016

8 8 Retweets

17 17 likes

In fact, not only did the Donald lose the ratings race to Mitt Romney, but he had the LOWEST ratings EVER!!! Or at least the last 12 years.

Matt Viser
✔  ‎@mviser 

Given these numbers, the final night of the GOP convention received the lowest viewership in at least 12 years.

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/756549494813102080

2:04 PM - 22 Jul 2016

Keith Olbermann
✔  ‎@KeithOlbermann 

RNC '16 (final night): 29.9m
DNC '12 (f. night): 35.7m
RNC '12 (f. night): 30.3m
DNC '08 (f. night): 38.4m
RNC '08 (f. night): 38.9m

2:09 PM - 22 Jul 2016

243 243 Retweets

290 290 likes

Wow. That is pretty pathetic. I mean NO previous GOP candidate had made it his goal to have high ratings, and they all beat out the Donald. And consider that in all that time, the population of the country has been GROWING, so the margin of defeat is even greater!! AND also consider that all those other conventions didn’t have the high drama that this one had!

SAD!!!

Of course the Trumpendejos are going to say none of this matters, and in a way they’re right – this isn’t how elections are won anyway. BUT it’s very embarrassing to the orange-visaged vulgarian when he specifically said he would deliver high ratings!! What a marooon.

Offline Mechanicos

So much BS so little smack down time.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline SirLinksALot

OK, cite for us a better source for the ratings. A link or a reliable source will do. You don't have to spend a lot of smack down time.

Offline Suppressed

Please give us a taste of factual smackdown of the supposed "BS".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline SirLinksALot

Here's another source for you -- please refute that with your non-BS numbers:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/2016-republican-national-convention-ratings-donald-trump-speech-romny-mccain-1201820515/

ARTICLE TITLE: Donald Trump Speech Ratings Fall Far Below GOP Record on Final Night of RNC
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:14:29 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Mechanicos

OK, cite for us a better source for the ratings. A link or a reliable source will do. You don't have to spend a lot of smack down time.
Well they omitted Cspan, PBS etc... More watched them than the talking heads networks. Online had many streaming  channels. So this was more media distortion. Funny thing is Conservatives should have noticed this trick they pulled...
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline SirLinksALot

Well they omitted Cspan, PBS etc... More watched them than the talking heads networks. Online had many streaming  channels. So this was more media distortion. Funny thing is Conservatives should have noticed this trick they pulled...

OK, does CSPAN, PBS, etc. have viewer figures to ADD to the ratings? If so, cite the sources please.

Offline NavyCanDo

Sarah Palin in 2008 not even on the final night had 37 million. I remember that well.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging

Donald Trump Speech Ratings Fall Far Below GOP Record on Final Night of RNC

Update, 5:25 p.m. ET: The final TV ratings have been tallied, and Donald Trump did indeed lose out to John McCain in the battle for biggest RNC audience. Coverage of the last night of the 2016 RNC drew 32.2 million total viewers across ABC, CBS, NBC, UNI, CNN, Fox Business Network, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, CNBC and NBC Universo. While technically these are “Big T.V. ratings!” as Trump promised in a tweet, it’s worth bearing in mind that was the collective audience of 10 networks.

The 2016 Republican National Convention will probably wind up with a silver medal, rather than gold, in the ratings competition against previous years. Early ratings results indicate 30.05 million people watched Donald Trump accept the mantle of the Republican presidential nomination in the 10 p.m. hour across the ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox News, CNN and MSNBC.
That’s slightly less than the 30.25 million that tuned in to Mitt Romney’s acceptance speech in 2012; however, that figure includes viewership across ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, Fox News, Current, Mun2, PBS and Univision. The extra networks provided a lift of almost 2 million viewers when all was said and done, so it’s likely Trump will see some sort of lift when the final tally comes down.

Regardless, both 2016 and 2012 pale in comparison to the 2008 RNC, which closed out with 38.93 million viewers across the three aforementioned broadcasters, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Univision and Telemundo, according to Nielsen.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/2016-republican-national-convention-ratings-donald-trump-speech-romny-mccain-1201820515/
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mechanicos

OK, does CSPAN, PBS, etc. have viewer figures to ADD to the ratings? If so, cite the sources please.
Nope I don't do the homework of lazy people. My point was made they omitted the largest ones that people watched as well as several streaming sources other then the official one to create a false narrative. As many times as they have played rope a dope with the antis stuff like this that confirms your anti-Trump bias should be taken with a grain of salt.

Offline Mechanicos

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging

Donald Trump Speech Ratings Fall Far Below GOP Record on Final Night of RNC

Update, 5:25 p.m. ET: The final TV ratings have been tallied, and Donald Trump did indeed lose out to John McCain in the battle for biggest RNC audience. Coverage of the last night of the 2016 RNC drew 32.2 million total viewers across ABC, CBS, NBC, UNI, CNN, Fox Business Network, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, CNBC and NBC Universo. While technically these are “Big T.V. ratings!” as Trump promised in a tweet, it’s worth bearing in mind that was the collective audience of 10 networks.

The 2016 Republican National Convention will probably wind up with a silver medal, rather than gold, in the ratings competition against previous years. Early ratings results indicate 30.05 million people watched Donald Trump accept the mantle of the Republican presidential nomination in the 10 p.m. hour across the ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox News, CNN and MSNBC.
That’s slightly less than the 30.25 million that tuned in to Mitt Romney’s acceptance speech in 2012; however, that figure includes viewership across ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, Fox News, Current, Mun2, PBS and Univision. The extra networks provided a lift of almost 2 million viewers when all was said and done, so it’s likely Trump will see some sort of lift when the final tally comes down.

Regardless, both 2016 and 2012 pale in comparison to the 2008 RNC, which closed out with 38.93 million viewers across the three aforementioned broadcasters, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Univision and Telemundo, according to Nielsen.

Did you read what you posted, they omitted CSPAN PBS and others. as well as the many streaming feeds. Technology changed, we have faster online speeds now and Cspan that did not add commentary.  Americans do not trust the media especially the ones listed so not surprising they were not that heavily used. TOS pushed Cspan for example because the talking heads kept cutting over the convention Fox business had more  then Fox for the same reason Less chatter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Ratings or votes? Trump surpassed every GOP candidate in Primary Votes.

How did those ratings work out for President Romney, anyway ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline SirLinksALot

Nope I don't do the homework of lazy people. My point was made they omitted the largest ones that people watched as well as several streaming sources other then the official one to create a false narrative. As many times as they have played rope a dope with the antis stuff like this that confirms your anti-Trump bias should be taken with a grain of salt.

Hey, you are trying to prove your point, the onus is on you to show that your statement prove your point.

So, the lazy one is you. not me.

As for my anti-Trump bias,  I already told you that my vote is with Trump, not because I am for him, but because he is the lesser of the two evils. That does not mean that when he's wrong, as he often is, I won't post it or point it out.

You keep telling folks at TBR that they should consider voting for Trump otherwise it's Hillary.... the problem is this -- TRUMP IS NOT MAKING IT EASIER FOR FOLKS WHO THINK LIKE ME TO VOTE FOR HIM.

Just today, I was talking to a few of my friends ( we live in New York ), who are all reluctantly inclined to vote for Trump. Then Trump opens his big trap up after his speech last night today and he starts repelling people.

One of my friends who used to be a "Vote for Trump reluctantly" lady just told me she's sitting this one out.

Trump has now become so offensive to her that she just can’t pull the lever for him.

Last night, on the biggest night of the Republican convention, Trump, who calls himself a "conservative" ( note the quotes) put the Paypal founder on stage for all to see, who then declared that the transgender bathroom issue was a distraction.  This is the Republican Party that Trump wants the world to see, a Republican Party that doesn’t care about the safety of women and children.

Then, to top things off, Trump again attacked Ted Cruz this morning for giving a convention speech that he ALLOWED him to give in the first place.

If that’s not bad enough, Trump also lied again about Cruz attacking his wife and then proceeded to attack Cruz’s father again by repeating the lie about his father's involvement with Lee Harvey Oswald.

You want UNITY? Tell Trump to shut up if that's what you want because when he starts talking, all he's doing is turning a lot of people who were inclined to vote for him OFF.

No amount of my trying to tell her that the words "Antonin Scalia" in Trump's speech should at least be one factor for her to re-consider.

Nope, didn't work. She was considering voting for Trump in November, but not now. She's done.

And for that who can you blame? CRUZ?

Blame your man. So, if he loses this November, the blame lies SQUARELY WITH HIM and his big trap.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:07:18 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline SirLinksALot

Ratings or votes? Trump surpassed every GOP candidate in Primary Votes.

How many of those votes were cross-overs from Democrats in Open Primaries?

Offline Mechanicos

Hey, you are trying to prove your point, the onus is on you to show that your statement prove your point.

So, the lazy one is you. not me.

As for my anti-Trump bias,  I already told you that my vote is with Trump, not because I am for him, but because he is the lesser of the two evils. That does not mean that when he's wrong, as he often is, I won't post it or point it out.

You keep telling folks at TBR that they should consider voting for Trump otherwise it's Hillary.... the problem is this -- TRUMP IS NOT MAKING IT EASIER FOR FOLKS WHO THINK LIKE ME TO VOTE FOR HIM.

Just today, I was talking to a few of my friends ( we live in New York ), who are all reluctantly inclined to vote for Trump. Then Trump opens his big trap up after his speech last night today and he starts repelling people.

One of my friends who used to be a "Vote for Trump reluctantly" lady just told me she's sitting this one out.

Trump has now become so offensive to her that she just can’t pull the lever for him.

Last night, on the biggest night of the Republican convention, Trump, who calls himself a "conservative" ( note the quotes) put the Paypal founder on stage for all to see, who then declared that the transgender bathroom issue was a distraction.  This is the Republican Party that Trump wants the world to see, a Republican Party that doesn’t care about the safety of women and children.

Then, to top things off, Trump again attacked Ted Cruz this morning for giving a convention speech that he ALLOWED him to give in the first place.

If that’s not bad enough, Trump also lied again about Cruz attacking his wife and then proceeded to attack Cruz’s father again.

No amount of my trying to tell her that the words "Antonin Scalia" in Trump's speech should at least be one factor for her to re-consider.

Nope, didn't work. She was considering voting for Trump in November, but not now. She's done.

And for that who can you blame? CRUZ?

Blame your man. So, if he loses this November, the blame lies SQUARELY WITH HIM and his big trap.
I proved my point, your sources omitted obvious other sources of data to create a fake anti-Trump Narrative that you should have known was fake.

Now as for your other point. If you cannot see why Hilary has to defeated in November nothing said by anybody will fix whats broken with here. If your lack of ability to see the right thing is still up in the air knowing what she is and will do, that's not anything a talk will change one way or the other.

Offline SirLinksALot

I proved my point, your sources omitted obvious other sources of data to create a fake anti-Trump Narrative that you should have known was fake.

You haven't proven your point until you show me the CSPAN and PBS figures you claim would show that he surpassed all other ratings. I'm still waiting...

Now as for your other point. If you cannot see why Hilary has to defeated in November nothing said by anybody will fix whats broken with here. If your lack of ability to see the right thing is still up in the air knowing what she is and will do, that's not anything a talk will change one way or the other.

Don't talk to me, I'm still going to vote for Trump (but I'll be darned if I keep silent about his problems).

You better talk to the others who seem to feel that there's really no point in voting for someone who says he would defend Christian values and then goes on to give the stage to someone who openly attacks Christian values.

Which is to say --- you better advise your man to change his ways because he isn't helping the cause of unity in his favor.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How many of those votes were cross-overs from Democrats in Open Primaries?

In California, zero. Otherwise a vote is a vote. GOP lost previous 5 of 6 popular votes in Presidential elections.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mechanicos

You haven't proven your point until you show me the CSPAN and PBS figures you claim would show that he surpassed all other ratings. I'm still waiting...

Don't talk to me, I'm still going to vote for Trump (but I'll be darned if I keep silent about his problems).

You better talk to the others who seem to feel that there's really no point in voting for someone who says he would defend Christian values and then goes on to give the stage to someone who openly attacks Christian values.

Which is to say --- you better advise your man to change his ways because he isn't helping the cause of unity in his favor.
Who said you get to set perimeters here? That they omitted 2 obvious ones is all the proof necessary to prove they omitted data sources. So wait all you want. The goal posts stay right where they were at the beginning.

Personally I am not sure they can measure how many watched it since there are so many ways now to do so and they only looked at legacy media and one feed. 

Offline roamer_1

Huh. Maybe he SHOULD have added the topless dancers, midget acrobats and confetti canons after all  :shrug: :whistle:

geronl

PBS and especially CSPAN normally have tiny audiences.

Offline Mechanicos

PBS and especially CSPAN normally have tiny audiences.
As if you know lol .

Offline NavyCanDo

Stop digging Mech, the Chinese are beginning to complain about your sinkholes. 

C-SPAN and PBS are not rated by Nielsen, and they weren't rated in the 2008, 2012 convention year numbers mentioned, so we are comparing apples to apples.  And if they were both would be far far  below the top six above.  (this chart using Wednesday as an example).     C-SPAN has an average daily rating of 0.017.  Viewers are not going to  turn off their favorite in the top six to watch C-SPAN or PBS.

Offline Mechanicos

Stop digging Mech, the Chinese are beginning to complain about your sinkholes. 

C-SPAN and PBS are not rated by Nielsen, and they weren't rated in the 2008, 2012 convention year numbers mentioned, so we are comparing apples to apples.  And if they were both would be far far  below the top six above.  (this chart using Wednesday as an example).     C-SPAN has an average daily rating of 0.017.  Viewers are not going to  turn off their favorite in the top six to watch C-SPAN or PBS.
You stop digging. All you cited is legacy media that most do not watch anymore and the fact you forgot that very material facts is fatal to your Trump-Hate Democrat helping spew.

This is 2016, we have high speed streaming all over many feeds periscopes Fox Business etc. Millennials  do not watch legacy TV hardly anymore etc. So its really stupid to use a legacy media metric for your argument in 2016.

Offline Labette

• Show us on this doll where Trump made it hurt.
I really can't say what the ratings were last night, nor am I terribly interested. (Although some seem to be..)

I watched on PBS, a channel I seldom watch. Why?
It was the only Dish channel I found that listed LAST NIGHT's show as "Republican Convention" or approximate.
All the CNN/Fox other/usual channels listed last night as their talking heads regular programming. Now I'm sure they covered the convention, I simply preferred to hear the speakers, not the talking heads.

The other night I watched, there were multiple choices of "Republican Convention". Hmm.