Author Topic: MITT ROMNEY had higher RATINGS than Trump for his nomination speech!! And that’s not all!  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Labette

• Show us on this doll where Trump made it hurt.
Whatever the reason, we will have a real world ratings test come early November.  Some of you may wish to adopt different identities ;)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I thought Newsmax covered the Convention, I don't see them listed,

OAN, One America News or the Blaze, they may have carried the convention.

The ratings were solid if not record-breaking.

Offline SirLinksALot

Who said you get to set perimeters here? That they omitted 2 obvious ones is all the proof necessary to prove they omitted data sources. So wait all you want. The goal posts stay right where they were at the beginning.

Personally I am not sure they can measure how many watched it since there are so many ways now to do so and they only looked at legacy media and one feed.

So, you show me the so called 2 obvious ones.

I am waiting to be convinced ( Heck I have been trying to find good reasons to vote for Trump and all he does is disappoint me just as I was about to me towards his direction ).

Let's add the PBS and CSPAN ratings and see if they add up....

You presented it, so let's have the numbers.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So, you show me the so called 2 obvious ones.

I am waiting to be convinced ( Heck I have been trying to find good reasons to vote for Trump and all he does is disappoint me just as I was about to me towards his direction ).

Let's add the PBS and CSPAN ratings and see if they add up....

You presented it, so let's have the numbers.

Pssst! If everyone would stop feeding the trolls they would eventually go away!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

Pssst! If everyone would stop feeding the trolls they would eventually go away!

If that was only true. You know how many post he has done where nobody responds because the title is so idiotic.  He'll even respond to himself just to keep one of those threads alive. Nobody takes him serious, and often we get more laughs than at the Friday Silliness thread.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Nope I don't do the homework of lazy people. My point was made they omitted the largest ones that people watched as well as several streaming sources other then the official one to create a false narrative. As many times as they have played rope a dope with the antis stuff like this that confirms your anti-Trump bias should be taken with a grain of salt.

So, they compared like for like. In 2012 online and streaming services audiences were omitted as well. 2008 they didn't exist outside a few trial markets

But surely you knew that..
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
If the entire average viewership of CSpan and @50% of the total PBS viewership actually decided to forego their normal habits and watch major news events in something other than a major network, Trump would have tied Romney.

This comparison takes two equal sets of standards and compares them. To assume that had they included those missing sources, the results would have been different is highly illogical, since it presumes that the percentage of viewership watching those networks this cycle was significantly different than the last.

Remember, if you want to include PBS and CSpan this year, you'd have to include their numbers in the last cycle as well, and to argue that every sngle other outlet had a significant drop in viewership while those two had an equally significant increase, without any data to back that argument up, makes the entire premise that had they been counted the results would have been different totally invalid.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
P.S. Nielsen now tracks streaming when calculating viewership.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline hiram1950

I think Trump scared up more votes getting there than any of the others did.

Also, I skipped the convention on TV...all of it. Later, I did watch a recording of Trump's speech.