Author Topic: Rush: Cruzer: Trump Didn't Speak to Me  (Read 920 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Cruzer: Trump Didn't Speak to Me
« on: July 22, 2016, 07:00:15 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/07/22/cruzer_trump_didn_t_speak_to_me

Cruzer: Trump Didn't Speak to Me
July 22, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Here is Sylvana from San Diego.  It's great to have you.  Hello.

CALLER:  Hi.  Hi, Rush.  I'm calling actually regarding the speech, the Donald Trump acceptance speech he did last night.

RUSH:  Yeah?

CALLER:  And after listening to that speech, my question to you is: Why doesn't Donald Trump want my vote?  I'm a Ted Cruz supporter, and I'm a constitutional conservative.  I felt no love from Donald Trump last night.  He mentioned everybody under the sun -- evangelical, LGBT, blue-collar, coal workers, students, student loans, Bernie Sanders and his supporters.  The group that he did not mention is people like me, Ted Cruz supporters, constitutional conservatives.

RUSH:  Well, now --

CALLER:  What does that mean?  Well, all I wanted to hear was small government, Constitution, Bill of Rights, individual liberty and freedom, small business.  I heard none of it.

RUSH:  No, I --

CALLER:  And my question -- I'm sorry, but my question to you is, if he had shown some respect to Ted Cruz and his supporters, you know, I think support for Donald Trump would have been overwhelming.  But I heard him say repeatedly that he doesn't care about Ted Cruz and his support.  And the question is: Why not?  The other day you had a caller, a guy, and he said, "I think we can win without them.  They're welcome to join us, but I think we can win without them."  But my question to you is: Why do it that way?  Why not swell your ranks and overwhelm the opposition in November?

RUSH:  I think he thinks he is.  He's not an ideological conservative.  I have mentioned this a bunch of times.  He doesn't --

CALLER:  I know. I'm sorry for interrupting, but --

RUSH:  He's not an ideological liberal, either.  He's not an ideological person.  He doesn't look at it that way. He couldn't talk about the Constitution last night, other than talking about Supreme Court justices.  He didn't mention it. He didn't talk about, "We, as Republicans..."  I was making notes.  You're getting me a little bit ahead of myself.  I haven't gotten to the speech itself.  I'm still trying to bury the Democrats because they're the enemy here.

But I'm telling you: The first half of this speech, I was starting to get a little concerned, 'cause it was "I, I, I, I, I, I," and, "I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna."  I said, "Hey, what about us out here?  What about marshalling the support of American people? What about mobilizing us?  We're the ones that are gonna have to do it!  Where's the 'we'?  Where's the 'we'?"  All of this "I, I, I," I heard some guy who is gonna go in and grab every lever of government he can find and fix whatever he thinks is wrong, and his supporters want him to do that.

But then later in the speech he got to the "we."  He got there eventually.  He got to the "we are gonna do this" and he got to the idea that the American people are responsible for what happens to them and what they do and so forth and his job's keeping government out of the way and fix the things that are impediments and impeding people.  And you're right: He didn't talk about limited government, small government, 'cause he doesn't believe in that. Obviously.

CALLER:  My point is this: I think that if he had shown a little more humility and a little less hubris --

RUSH:  To who?

CALLER:  I'm sorry?

RUSH:  You're still --

CALLER:  To me.

RUSH:  Ted Cruz? You still got...? Did you see his remarks this morning?

CALLER:  No.

RUSH:  Oh-ho-ho! (laughing)  Ho-ho! (laughing) You think you're mad now?

CALLER: (nervous chuckle)

RUSH: Oh-ho-ho.  Oh, my God! He had a little press conference today; he doubled down on Ted Cruz.  He said (paraphrased), "You know, I like Lyin' Ted, but I don't even want... If he endorsed me, I wouldn't even accept it now."  He said, "By the way, what the hell did I do wrong?  The National Enquirer, it had a picture, and there's Ted's dad with Lee Harvey Oswald!  What am I supposed to do?  The Enquirer, they brought the goods on [disgraced Democrat senator John] Edwards. They should deserve a Pulitzer. I just told you what was there. They're incredible."  You're not gonna like it.

CALLER:  Okay.  Well, uh, then, I guess this election is over for me.

RUSH:  No, it's not.  No, it's not.  No, it's not.  Believing what you believe, you cannot do anything that would make it easier for Hillary Clinton to win.  Trust me, please.  You can't. (sigh) You can't.

CALLER:  I had long conversations with my husband, and we are talking about this, and, honestly, I know, it's easy to have integrity and say, "I will not vote."  I live in California.  California doesn't matter, okay? In presidential elections, I do not matter.

RUSH: Okay.

CALLER: So it's easy for me to say, "Well, I'm not gonna vote."

RUSH:  Well, you just did.  You just did.  I don't want you to do that, though.  I want you to think you matter, because you do.  You're an American citizen. You affect who knows however many lives you don't even know about.  You matter.  Doing the right thing matters, even if nobody else in your view is.

Back in just a second.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34