Author Topic: The Nuclear Option: Ted Cruz Loves Himself More Than Our Country  (Read 8969 times)

Offline Crazieman

Re: The Nuclear Option: Ted Cruz Loves Himself More Than Our Country
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2016, 01:53:39 pm »
This is aggravating, I'm sorry, I don't see everytime someone said "Did Reagan endorse Ford in 1976" as saying "How dare you compare Cruz to Reagan".

It's a way to get out of a conversation. I'm saying this twice but it truly is contemptible to have to continuously address this.

AGAIN, divorced of reality.

Reagan and Cruz are infinitely more alike than Cruz and Rockefeller.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2016, 01:55:17 pm »
Exactly how are you rejecting fascism by helping the democrats defeat the GOP ticket? And what alternate reality are you living in that you think we can reclaim anything after 4 more years of Obama and liberal as hell Supreme Court with open borders and Islamic terrorists in the millions inside our borders? 

I don't want any of that stuff.  But the fools are in charge, and given me no choice but to accept the pain of the next four years in order to prevent something far worse.

The Greatest Generation fought and defeated authoritarianism sold as balm to the ignorant masses.  I'm an old man myself,  but folks like you steel me to the task. My keyboard has a post-it note attached - This Machine Kills Fascists.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2016, 01:55:25 pm »
Arguments with individuals that have no power equals threats and swearing from administration.

Once again proving Trumpists have no grasp of reality.

Sorry, you were crying about the website owner.  You were talking about how you were treated here. I am sorry your reasoning is so dense, you did not comprehend this and jump to a different subject.

Is Rubio a Trumpist? Now, you are falling in line with the same reasoning of a great number of Cruz supporters and just attacking others with personal insults.

I know the control panel gives me an option per this behavior, thank you for your response.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2016, 01:56:14 pm »
AGAIN, divorced of reality.

Reagan and Cruz are infinitely more alike than Cruz and Rockefeller.

Your opinion, which is not worth dealing with and consists of hurling insults at others.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2016, 01:57:04 pm »
Cruz also voluntarily removed his name from the convention ballot, where he could have raised far more of a stink and perhaps embarrassed Trump, similarly to how Trump and the GOPe attempted to embarrass him.

For me this entire campaign season has only served to highlight how few allies we have in the cause of returning this messed up nation to the Constitutional based system we once had. And its pretty demoralizing.

A lot of people seem to have missed that fact!  Glad you reminded them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2016, 01:58:22 pm »
Ronald Reagan, Governor of California, long list of accomplishments.

Ted Cruz, no bills passed, virtually nothing.

Reagan and Rockefeller were governors, can one compare them? No, according to the apparent reasoning of a number of Cruz supporters.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2016, 01:59:54 pm »
Sorry, you were crying about the website owner.  You were talking about how you were treated here. I am sorry your reasoning is so dense, you did not comprehend this and jump to a different subject.

Is Rubio a Trumpist? Now, you are falling in line with the same reasoning of a great number of Cruz supporters and just attacking others with personal insults.

I know the control panel gives me an option per this behavior, thank you for your response.

I think I'm being trolled.  No one can be this removed of reason.

My reply was initially to a mod, with administrative powers.  I was happy with the pace of the thread.  I referenced a past incident with an administrator, with administrative powers.

Yet... this is jumping to a different subject when I object to equivocation arguing with the common user?
Mixed-race Mutt.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2016, 02:00:35 pm »
Where are the cry babies for this comparison?

Rubio gives an endorsement of Trump, Rubio has done his chances well for the future.

Cruz didn't.  Cruz may well fail in the future, I think that is a given. Donors won't back a backstabber, and one can say Cruz's money was often big money.

Donors will give to a Rubio or a Walker or someone like that.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:05:01 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2016, 02:02:13 pm »
Ted "words" Cruz in no way compares to the Gipper with numerous accomplishments, but some people's lack of reasoning is not so shallow that when 1976 is compared to 2016, someone says you can't compare Reagan to Cruz. Then, a Cruz supporter turns it around to break forum rules and make personal attacks on others.

Talk about Fascist thought to shut down others.

The same with complaints about going to a forum to post one's idea, we have an anti-Trumpist who seems to make it their career posting anti-Trump articles, as usual, I don't see Trump supporters hurling negatives at others for doing what this forum is about.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:03:49 pm by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2016, 02:04:12 pm »
Well, when people are comparing whether Reagan endorsed Ford, I did not see everyone raising their voices and saying "you can't compare Reagan to Cruz", comparisons happen.

COMPARISON IS 1964 to 2016 as some compared 2016 to 1976, "Did Reagan endorse Ford",
so are we saying this is a comparison of Reagan to Cruz? I'll make sure I raise an objection everytime that is done.

This just quells the conversation and I'm sorry, comparisons happen, Trump vs. Hillary, Trump to Cruz, when people compare Trump to Cruz, where is the chorus saying "You can't compare Trump to Cruz", this is silliness and a cheap response.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Rockefeller was a liberal establishment republican who despised the Goldwater (constitutional) wing.

Reagan gave the keynote for Goldwater in '64. A famous speech centering on the constitution and personal liberty.

In '76 Reagan ran against the establishment for the nomination, lost, and although he called for unity he refused to specifically endorse the nominee (who's campaign advisor, coincidentally, was Paul Manafort). Again Reagan talked about smaller government, personal liberty and the constitution. The Ford campaign hoped Reagan would embarrass himself & ruin his future prospects by coming off like an extremist. He didn't.

You might not acknowledge the parallels here but most reasonable people would.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:08:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2016, 02:05:01 pm »
Ted "words" Cruz in no way compares to the Gipper with numerous accomplishments, but some people's lack of reasoning is not so shallow that when 1976 is compared to 2016, someone says you can't compare Reagan to Cruz. Then, a Cruz supporter turns it around to break forum rules and make personal attacks on others.

Talk about Fascist thought to shut down others.

The same with complaints about going to a forum to post one's idea, we have an anti-Trumpist who seems to make it their career posting anti-Trump articles, as usual, I don't see Trump supporters hurling negatives at others for doing what this forum is about.

Quoted right now, for posterity, to mitigate future edits.
Mixed-race Mutt.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2016, 02:05:01 pm »
Ted Cruz loves the Constitution more than he loves going along to get along. He is a man of principle. This is very hard for Trump supporters to understand.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2016, 02:06:37 pm »
I'm not sure what your point is.

Rockefeller was a liberal establishment republican who despised the Goldwater (constitutional) wing.

Reagan gave the keynote for Goldwater in '64. A famous speech centering on the constitution and personal liberty.

In '76 Reagan ran against the establishment for the nomination, lost, and although he called for unity he refused to specifically endorse the nominee (who's campaign advisor, coincidentally, was Paul Manafort). Again Reagan talked about smaller government, personal liberty and the constitution.

You might not acknowledge the parallels here but most reasonable people would.

Answer this.

Can one compare the 1964 Convention to 2016?

Yes or No?

I hope that is enough to the point.

Rubio endorsed, Cruz did not.

Can one compare the two Senators?

Yes or No?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2016, 02:07:48 pm »
Ted Cruz loves himself more than he loves going along to get along. He is not a man of principle. This is very hard for Cruz supporters to understand.

This is just to parlay the kind of remarks we have here.

Ted "words" Cruz, Rand "words" Paul can talk all that they want to about their philosophies, but people want action not just words.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:09:27 pm by TomSea »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2016, 02:10:14 pm »

Yawn..... more Trumpet Freeper garbage.  The site is on to you.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2016, 02:11:10 pm »
Answer this.

Can one compare the 1964 Convention to 2016?

Yes or No?

I hope that is enough to the point.

Rubio endorsed, Cruz did not.

Can one compare the two Senators?

Yes or No?

No. Your comparison is on such a superficial level as to be inconsequential. How about considering the ideologies of the principles, which after all, are what a campaign is supposed to be about?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2016, 02:15:59 pm »
and step up to stop Hillary.

You are the ultimate hypocrite.  Based on your posting volume you seem to slam Cruz 5 X more than Hilary.  Care to explain?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2016, 02:16:02 pm »
"This is just to parlay the kind of remarks we have here."

What the heck does this mean? Is this an English sentence?

Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2016, 02:16:29 pm »
Trump and Cruz May be too toxic at this point to win in Nov although I would have preferred Cruz over Trump for the nomination

Maybe 2020 will bring forth a candidate everyone can agree on to take on President Clinton
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline TomSea

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2016, 02:17:18 pm »
Cruz ran a dirty campaign and it should not just be about "plausible deniability" per "Oh, well, Ted had nothing to do with that". It was all over the trail, if people launch what they find wrong about some candidates, then this is valid too.

He's close to done.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2016, 02:19:19 pm »
Cruz ran a dirty campaign and it should not just be about "plausible deniability" per "Oh, well, Ted had nothing to do with that". It was all over the trail, if people launch what they find wrong about some candidates, then this is valid too.

He's close to done.

Cruz ran a dirty campaign?  vs. your slimey Orange SOB?

You just can't make this shit up.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2016, 02:19:57 pm »

He's close to done.

Yet you've repeatedly said you were a Cruz supporter.

This schtick gets old.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2016, 02:21:01 pm »
No. Your comparison is on such a superficial level as to be inconsequential. How about considering the ideologies of the principles, which after all, are what a campaign is supposed to be about?

Okay, Pat Buchanan compared the two,  a veteran speech writer, advisor to Presidents Nixon and Reagan, I will defer to his experience, not this "protect Cruz" defense that goes up.  Say the experienced Buchanan is making superficial comparisons if one must. He is a true conservative. I will defer to the political expert Pat Buchanan.

The historical parallel to what Cruz did is Nelson Rockefeller. Cowpalace, 1964, just like Buchanan wrote. Cruz is done.  Cruz and Rockefeller basically backstabbed.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2016, 02:22:05 pm »
So, Skeeter says Rubio endorsed Trump, Cruz did not and one can not compare the two Senators.

Okay, this logic should be seen by all.