Author Topic: The Nuclear Option: Ted Cruz Loves Himself More Than Our Country  (Read 8966 times)

Offline Mechanicos

The Nuclear Option: Ted Cruz Loves Himself More Than Our Country

CLEVELAND — In the end, it was all about Ted Cruz.

Delivering an unvetted speech before the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night, Ted Cruz — as is always his custom — carefully calculated just how to do it so it would benefit himself the most. And it backfired.

He uttered the name of his party’s nominee — the man who invited him to speak — just once, only to congratulate him on the nomination. Quite pointedly, the senator from Texas refused to endorse Donald Trump.

As if to punctuate his own bitter whining over losing, Mr. Cruz actually told conventioneers that New York is different from Iowa, reviving the major theme of his losing campaign against Mr. Trump. And reminding folks that, yes, he won the Iowa caucuses and for a very brief moment was the Republican front-runner.

As he wound up his non-endorsement speech, the convention hall grew restless. Delegates began to realize that the rude political has-been was actually going to withhold an endorsement.

In an eruption, they thrust to their feet and shouted at Mr. Cruz. They booed him and pounded into him, “Trump! Trump! Trump!”

It would have been humiliating for the senator if he had been listening. Instead, he remained laser-focused on a speech he hoped would set him up for another presidential run in 2020. This, of course, would be banking on the deep hope that Donald Trump loses in November. And Hillary Clinton wins.

This is a man whose arrogance and ego know no bounds.

“I appreciate the enthusiasm of the New York delegation,” Mr. Cruz said snidely, as the rowdy crowd of New Yorkers at his feet reproved Mr. Cruz for his blatant non-endorsement of the Republican nominee for president.

How could he not? With the Supreme Court in the balance, how could Ted Cruz not swallow hard and endorse the only man who can stop Hillary Clinton from choosing two and possibly five Supreme Court replacements?

This is a man who loves himself and his political career so much more than his country.

It was not just the New York delegation booing him. It was delegates around the arena, standing up, shouting him down and waving him off the stage.

“Don’t stay home,” Mr. Cruz said weakly.

“Vote your conscience,” he said, as if to highlight that Donald Trump is not a professional politician. It was a signal to the party establishment that they should not vote for Mr. Trump if they don’t love him.

As Mr. Trump did during the primary race, he will have to win this general election without the help of professional incumbent politicians like Ted Cruz. And Ted Cruz will go down with the sinking GOP ship USS Bush.

Good riddance.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/21/nuclear-option-ted-cruz-put-political-career-ahead-country/
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: The Nuclear Option: Ted Cruz Loves Himself More Than Our Country
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:42:13 am »
Utter nonsense. 

:bs:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 11:43:27 am »
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 11:48:04 am »

If your conscience offends you, something is wrong.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Online Timber Rattler

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 11:49:13 am »
If your conscience offends you, something is wrong.
Mine is fine, I support the American.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 11:51:08 am »

Is that what the crazies over at TOS told you to say this morning?

I see that you were very busy over there last night...how much do you get per post?

http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/by:mechanicos/index?brevity=full;tab=comments

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 11:51:56 am »
I think i see your problem. All of those are Open Border PAC funded propaganda sites paid to oppose Trump.

Yeah, attacking the messenger always works.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 11:52:09 am »

If your conscience is fine, why must you reassert it so often?
Mixed-race Mutt.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 11:54:50 am »
Is that what the crazies over at TOS told you to say this morning?

I see that you were very busy over there last night...how much do you get per post?

http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/by:mechanicos/index?brevity=full;tab=comments
I count it against my pro-bono requirement as community education. Now you need to get over your hurt feelings and step up to stop Hillary. Attacking me will not fix whats causing you pain.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 11:56:06 am »
Yeah, attacking the messenger always works.
It does when there are $$$$$ trails indicating their motivation.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 11:58:48 am »
Also, way to keep on attacking TBR over at TOS...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3449596/posts?page=22#22

To: Balding_Eagle
Oh they are, over at the gopbriefingroom. Much distortion of what happened, anger etc.

the thread “
Unbinding Delegate Amendment Killed Without Debate” is interesting.

I wonder how Erick Erickson is taking it?. he was fantasizing about Cruz being nominated just before this.

22 posted on 07/15/2016 5:30:55 AM PDT by Mechanicos (Trump is for America First. Cruz is for America Last. It's that simple.)

And buddies with mkjessup too, I see!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3449528/posts?page=68#68

To: mkjessup
There are several pro-Trump people in that list who have been debunking the #neverTrump propaganda for months. One of the site owners is also a Trump supporter.

68 posted on 7/15/2016, 12:44:09 AM by Mechanicos (Trump is for America First. Cruz is for America Last. It's that simple.)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3448439/posts?page=44#44

To: Innovative
I posted both threads. The initial thread was as it happened and was on an anti-Trump site. That was their opinion. After reading it and then seeing Trump’s press release on it I posted the other thread showing only the State Statute for winner take all was struck down and the State Party and National was still binding the delegates to vote proportional. So Initial thread was in error saying unbound. They were only unbound from voting winner take all in VA but still bound to vote proportional.

44 posted on 7/12/2016, 12:18:28 AM by Mechanicos (Trump is for America First. Cruz is for America Last. It's that simple.)

@mystery-ak

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 12:00:19 pm »
Because logic, common sense, facts, reason and rational argument have not penetrated the Hurt Feelings driven attitudes of the remaining few still attacking the GOP top Ticket Nominees. Such misguided anger only helps the evil one.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 12:00:48 pm »

He has no conscience because he's a Trump shill whose job is to post Trump propaganda on the various Conservative news and discussion forums.  Just look at what he's doing over at TOS.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 12:04:12 pm »
Now you need to get over your hurt feelings and step up to stop Hillary.

You need to stop being such an insufferable fool. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 12:07:20 pm »
Also, way to keep on attacking TBR over at TOS...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3449596/posts?page=22#22

And buddies with mkjessup too, I see!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3449528/posts?page=68#68

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3448439/posts?page=44#44

@mystery-ak
Listen up. There is no attack there. YOU ARE ANTI-TRUMP and to most who look in here and see the topic list it has been anti-Trump. The owners know what I post at TOS and there is no attacks about TBR. Although people whose ass I have kicked in arguments constantly raise the same argument without any support from my posts there.  It is Interesting to see how the bias filters change information to create the fictional world of Trump we see attacked in here daily.

Now your purpose I suppose was to try to get me banned. What a slimy thing to try to do. Shows you have no rational arguments for your positions. Get over it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 12:09:57 pm »
If you love your country and its Constitution, stand up to fascism.

Don't be a good German.

VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 12:10:04 pm »
Listen up. There is no attack there. YOU ARE ANTI-TRUMP and to most who look in here and see the topic list it has been anti-Trump. The owners know what I post at TOS and there is no attacks about TBR. Although people whose ass I have kicked in arguments constantly raise the same argument without any support from my posts there.  It is Interesting to see how the bias filters change information to create the fictional world of Trump we see attacked in here daily.

Now your purpose I suppose was to try to get me banned. What a slimy thing to try to do. Shows you have no rational arguments for your positions. Get over it.

:screaming2:

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 12:12:42 pm »
Because logic, common sense, facts, reason and rational argument have not penetrated the Hurt Feelings driven attitudes of the remaining few still attacking the GOP top Ticket Nominees. Such misguided anger only helps the evil one.

The facts say Trump is an authoritarian with heavily leftist (Pro-government, duh) leanings.
Reason suggests Trump's persistently unstable and flexible platform are attempts at reconciling his inherent beliefs with the mask he is attempting to apply.
Common sense says a leopard cannot change its spots.
Logically, we can conclude Trump is acting in a role that he is either unfamiliar with, or is patently falsifying.
That is the rational argument.

And no hurt feelings, because certain individuals would have been dropped from support had they endorsed him.
Mixed-race Mutt.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 12:12:51 pm »
If you love your country and its Constitution, stand up to fascism.

Don't be a good German.

VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE.
I did I voted for Trump so did most Conservatives. Even the Texas Delegates do not side with you. When every body else is wrong, the problem is likely you.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2016, 12:14:27 pm »
...so did most Conservatives.

Well that's a lie and a half.

8bs8

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2016, 12:14:34 pm »
The facts say Trump is an authoritarian with heavily leftist (Pro-government, duh) leanings.
Reason suggests Trump's persistently unstable and flexible platform are attempts at reconciling his inherent beliefs with the mask he is attempting to apply.
Common sense says a leopard cannot change its spots.
Logically, we can conclude Trump is acting in a role that he is either unfamiliar with, or is patently falsifying.
That is the rational argument.

And no hurt feelings, because certain individuals would have been dropped from support had they endorsed him.
Learn the difference between facts and opinions. All you spewed are opinions and not supported in the real world. Its nothing more then Emotions driving them.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2016, 12:15:35 pm »
Learn the difference between facts and opinions. All you spewed are opinions and not supported in the real world. Its nothing more then Emotions driving them.

Facts are stubborn things aren't they?

Your conscience is convicting you.  Again.  You protest too much.
Mixed-race Mutt.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 12:16:28 pm »

:laughingdog: