Author Topic: The Nuclear Option: Ted Cruz Loves Himself More Than Our Country  (Read 8959 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Re: The Nuclear Option: Ted Cruz Loves Himself More Than Our Country
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 12:18:36 pm »
Facts are stubborn things aren't they?

Your conscience is convicting you.  Again.  You protest too much.
I'm still waiting for a fact statement from you, all i have seen so far are hurt feeling emotional statements. Get over it.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 12:19:12 pm »

Let's talk about Love of Country.

What our country needs is a return to freedom, limited government and adherence to the constitution.

These are the principles worth fighting for IF you LOVE your country.

If a party, individual or candidate forgets about these principles, one who truly loves his country, when given the stage to
remind people of these values, OUGHT TO do it.

Now here's a question for those who booed Cruz --- when Ted Cruz tells you to vote for candidates who share your values for  freedom, limited government and would defend the constitution,
why would you BOO? Why would you think that he was not talking about your candidate?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2016, 12:20:08 pm »
How to tell when a candidate is in trouble?

When said candidate's supporters have to beg, insult,threaten, and use fear to get you to vote for them. That tells me that they know deep down said candidate cannot win on their merits
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2016, 12:20:44 pm »

What our country needs is a return to freedom, limited government and adherence to the constitution.

If a party, individual or candidate forgets about these principles, one who truly loves his country, when given the stage to

Now here's a question for those who booed Cruz --- when Ted Cruz tells you to vote for candidates who share your values for  freedom, limited government and would defend the constitution,
why would you BOO? Why would you think that he was not talking about your candidate?

As I said earlier, conviction of conscience.  :tongue2:
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2016, 12:21:24 pm »
If your conscience offends you, something is wrong.

First Murderer
 Where is thy conscience now?

Second Murderer
 In the Duke of Gloucester's purse.

First Murderer
 So when he opens his purse to give us our reward, thy conscience flies out.

Second Murderer
 Let it go; there's few or none will entertain it.

First Murderer
 How if it come to thee again?

Second Murderer
 I'll not meddle with it: it is a dangerous thing: it makes a man a coward: a man cannot steal, but it accuseth him; he cannot swear, but it cheques him; he cannot lie with his neighbour's wife, but it detects him: 'tis a blushing shamefast spirit that mutinies in a man's bosom; it fills one full of obstacles: it made me once restore a purse of gold that I found; it beggars any man that keeps it: it is turned out of all towns and cities for a dangerous thing; and every man that means to live well endeavours to trust to himself and to live without it. -- Richard III
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 12:22:19 pm »

So, if you did vote your conscience, then you followed his advise. What the heck was the booing for?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2016, 12:22:56 pm »

‘‘His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being, you know, shot,’’ Trump said on Fox & Friends. ‘‘Nobody even brings it up; I mean they don’t even talk about that.’’

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2016, 12:25:54 pm »

A conscience that votes for Trump is a conscience overwhelmed with guilt.

When winds of conscience waft about thy head,
And brooks of rue do babble in thy brain,
Seek not thy quietude in lonely bed,
Nor utter careful words to stay thy pain.
For though words, chosen well, may ease the smart,
And turn the wretched, hateful wrong to right,
Alas, in sooth, they cannot touch the heart,
Nor kill Remorse, which flies upon the night,
With Satan, the Accuser, who will steal,
Betimes to whisper softly in thine ears,
Of dark deeds done: of rack, of cord, of wheel,
And play upon the pipes of hidden fears.
  Thus, torn asunder, none shall see thy strife;
  Thy spotted hand; thy bloody, dripping knife.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Leto

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2016, 12:26:38 pm »
People aren't going to be bullied into voting for Trump.

Trump made an issue out of Cruz's speech out of personal spite. He stepped on Pence's speech, He could have had party unity but instead he chose to try to destroy Cruz.

I will write in Cruz's name. Trump will never get my vote. He is a vicious ignorant malignant narcissist.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2016, 12:28:07 pm »

Fact the Choice YOU have is Trump or Hillary. Trump is for the Constitutional judges, hes for getting Goverment out of our lives, hes for making it safer and more prosperous here. All this crap from the sore losers is doing is helping the anti-Constitution, big government, America-hating one.

They Booed the Cuban Lawyer because he was 9 mins over, doing his campaign speech again trying to set up for 2020, and dog whistled to the Establishment to keep fighting Trump. Trump is the Constitutionalists, he is the Pro-American. He is the one people vote for with a clean mind especially when considering the alternative.

The better question is what the hell do you think you are doing now - since nothing you say you want can be achieved by attacking Trump.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2016, 12:29:44 pm »
Fact the Choice YOU have is Trump or Hillary. Trump is for the Constitutional judges, hes for getting Goverment out of our lives, hes for making it safer and more prosperous here. All this crap from the sore losers is doing is helping the anti-Constitution, big government, America-hating one.

They Booed the Cuban Lawyer because he was 9 mins over, doing his campaign speech again trying to set up for 2020, and dog whistled to the Establishment to keep fighting Trump. Trump is the Constitutionalists, he is the Pro-American. He is the one people vote for with a clean mind especially when considering the alternative.

The better question is what the hell do you think you are doing now - since nothing you say you want can be achieved by attacking Trump.

Mixed-race Mutt.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 12:30:06 pm »

Why did you OMIT the Material fact he called that statement ridiculous? Was it your intent to deceive here?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 12:35:15 pm »
How to tell when a candidate is in trouble?

When said candidate's supporters have to beg, insult,threaten, and use fear to get you to vote for them. That tells me that they know deep down said candidate cannot win on their merits
Bzzt. its none of those. And Trump is doing fantastic. Its more like tough love -since 80-90 percent of the "nevers" will eventually get over their hurt feelings and support the GOP ticket against the evil one. What I do here with cognizant arguments is put the germ of thought in heads that when rational again will come around to stopping Hilary and the Democrats. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2016, 12:39:18 pm »
The Progressive Nationalists/Populists like to convince themselves that Trump is the anti establishment candidate. Yet they still haven't given one example, beyond the primary were he knew looking like the anti establishment candidate would garner votes, were that's the case. Anywere, beyond the primary season, were he has fought the establishment regardless of success or failure in doing such. Great deals with Schumer and Pelosi and liking the ObamaCare mandate is hardly anti establishment.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2016, 12:40:14 pm »

OK, so what was the point of booing Ted Cruz? If as you said Trump meets all of the above criteria Ted Cruz outlined, doesn't it follow BY IMPLICATION that it is an endorsement of Trump?

They Booed the Cuban Lawyer because he was 9 mins over, doing his campaign speech again trying to set up for 2020, and dog whistled to the Establishment to keep fighting Trump. Trump is the Constitutionalists, he is the Pro-American.

NOPE, you got it wrong. It was an ORCHESTRATED booing from the New York Delegation when they realized that the speech was almost finished ( he gave the text of his speech in advance ) and there would be no statement that said "Therefore I endorse Donald Trump for President".

How do I know that? What was the simultaneous chanting "Endorse Trump" all about?

And oh, if Ted Cruz is the Cuban lawyer, then Trump is a European businessman.

He is the one people vote for with a clean mind especially when considering the alternative.

Then the booing was out of place. If Trump truly meets the criteria of freedom, limited government, and adherence to the constitution, why boo? shouldn't there be applause instead?

One word my friend -- VIGILANCE.

I give this same word to ANY CANDIDATE, be it Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Trump or Hillary.

For Trump, based on his past record, any self-respecting conservative ought to be DOUBLY vigilant.

The price of freedom is vigilance and I do not give him the benefit of the doubt. Not until he has proven his worth. And even if he surprises me and does,
that does not mean I should hold my guard down.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:41:54 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 12:42:52 pm »
Bzzt. its none of those. And Trump is doing fantastic. Its more like tough love -since 80-90 percent of the "nevers" will eventually get over their hurt feelings and support the GOP ticket against the evil one. What I do here with cognizant arguments is put the germ of thought in heads that when rational again will come around to stopping Hilary and the Democrats.

Well besides being obvious that you haven't read your own posts, if Trump is doing as swimmingly as you've convinced yourself of and already has this election won, then why the need to come here everyday to demand support and votes for him? And you just proved my point in your post

Answer. Because deep down you know there's trouble but are trying to convince yourself otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:44:42 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 12:50:12 pm »
OK, so what was the point of booing Ted Cruz? If as you said Trump meets all of the above criteria Ted Cruz outlined, doesn't it follow BY IMPLICATION that it is an endorsement of Trump?

NOPE, you got it wrong. It was an ORCHESTRATED booing from the New York Delegation when they realized that the speech was almost finished ( he gave the text of his speech in advance ) and there would be no statement that said "Therefore I endorse Donald Trump for President".

How do I know that? What was the simultaneous chanting "Endorse Trump" all about?

Then the booing was out of place. If Trump truly meets the criteria of freedom, limited government, and adherence to the constitution, why boo? shouldn't there be applause instead?

I give this same word to ANY CANDIDATE, be it Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Trump or Hillary.

For Trump, based on his past record, any self-respecting conservative ought to be DOUBLY vigilant.

The price of freedom is vigilance and I do not give him the benefit of the doubt. Not until he has proven his worth. And even if he surprises me and does,

Several facts you got wrong.
1 it was way more then NY, it was Texas booing him too as well as all the others.
2. The time for petty vindictive vetting is over. There is no end game possible where it matters other then to help Hilary.
3. Your saw what you wanted to see. People versed in Lawyer/politician games saw a self centered politician trying to set himself up to run for president in 2020 and trying to sabotage the nominee. He went way beyond his 7 min speech. Several People there tweeted he was off his speech. He was campaigning again and then tried to stick a knife in with a dog-whistle to people like you. Deny it all you want. The fact even his own delegates there saw it should wake you up.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 12:53:07 pm »
Several facts you got wrong.
1 it was way more then NY, it was Texas booing him too as well as all the others.
2. The time for petty vindictive vetting is over. There is no end game possible where it matters other then to help Hilary.
3. Your saw what you wanted to see. People versed in Lawyer/politician games saw a self centered politician trying to set himself up to run for president in 2020 and trying to sabotage the nominee. He went way beyond his 7 min speech. Several People there tweeted he was off his speech. He was campaigning again and then tried to stick a knife in with a dog-whistle to people like you. Deny it all you want. The fact even his own delegates there saw it should wake you up.

This is the point where in the last century, people would have shown up in ambulances and wrapped the individual up, lest he hurt himself evermore.
Mixed-race Mutt.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 12:57:11 pm »
Well besides being obvious that you haven't read your own posts, if Trump is doing as swimmingly as you've convinced yourself of and already has this election won, then why the need to come here everyday to demand support and votes for him? And you just proved my point in your post

Answer. Because deep down you know there's trouble but are trying to convince yourself otherwise.
Actually I enjoy good debate. And Liberals are too stupid to be any fun anymore. They just get all flustered with feelings and play the race card.
The fact is the "nevers" are going away. There is nothing to fight for anymore. It maybe be weeks or even months but there is no rational reason remaining to try to sabotage Trump anymore unless they are really working for the democrats.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 12:57:35 pm »
Yes, Cruz was booed rather roundly, people don't want to see a Democrat.

When folks like say Rubio show loyalty and I saw the statement he made for Trump; Cruz is going to be low on the totem pole.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 01:00:19 pm »

This is a message board.

I don't get those who make statements that defeat the purpose of having a message board. Everyone here has things they believe in. This could be said about anyone.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2016, 01:02:26 pm »
I love it that Cruz can take up residence in the heads of former Conservatives, simply by speaking truth. Funny how that works.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2016, 01:05:22 pm »
Also, way to keep on attacking TBR over at TOS...

Awesome. We'll get more members off that.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2016, 01:05:56 pm »

Why was Rockefeller booed in 1964 at the Convention that elected Goldwater? Similar situation.

At the Cow Palace in San Francisco in July of 1964, Gov. Nelson Rockefeller, having been defeated by Barry Goldwater, took the podium to introduce a platform plank denouncing “extremism.”

Implication: Goldwater’s campaign is saturated with extremists.

Purpose: Advertise Rocky’s superior morality.

Smug and self-righteous, Rocky brayed at the curses and insults, “It’s a free country, ladies and gentlemen.”

Rocky was finished. He would never win the nomination.

http://buchanan.org/blog/ted-cruz-trump-takeover-125466

This seems to be more of the take the moral high ground post.

People want action and it is a given that people want the Constitution followed.[/size]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:07:37 pm by TomSea »

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2016, 01:06:23 pm »
I love it that Cruz can take up residence in the heads of former Conservatives, simply by speaking truth. Funny how that works.

It is not Cruz.  It is simply conscience.  Conservatism practiced accurately, is conscience.

Cruz simply reiterated it.

The yelping and mewling only come from the ones that feel the pain of disobedience to their own, oft stated values.
Mixed-race Mutt.