Author Topic: Pew: Majority of Americans Think Too Many People Are ‘Easily Offended’  (Read 269 times)

rangerrebew

Pew: Majority of Americans Think Too Many People Are ‘Easily Offended’
By Lauretta Brown | July 21, 2016 | 5:08 PM EDT

(AP)

(CNSNews.com) – The Pew Research Center released a survey on Wednesday showing that a majority of Americans, 59 percent, agree that “too many people are easily offended these days over the language that others use.”

Only 39 percent of those surveyed thought that “people need to be more careful about the language they use to avoid offending people with different backgrounds.”

Pew’s survey found substantial divisions in party affiliation, gender, and race in the survey results.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/pew-majority-americans-think-too-many-people-are-easily-offended
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:44:29 am by rangerrebew »

Offline bob434

our constitution was crafted to protect our RIGHTS- not to protect our delicate snowflake feelings

rangerrebew

our constitution was crafted to protect our RIGHTS- not to protect our delicate snowflake feelings

I'm offended by that comment. :silly:

Offline The_Reader_David

Personally, I think it is a mistake for organizations to offer "sensitivity training".  We need insensitivity training:  not training in how to be rude, but training in how not to be sensitive to slights, real or imagined.

When I have expressed this view on a university committee I serve on (a committee charged with advising our administration on religious matters -- I was tapped as the most visible Orthodox Christian on campus), a few of the more vocal (and left-leaning) faculty members on the committee expressed approval, while the one administrator who serves on the committee disliked the idea.  (More proof that the rot in academe is concentrated in university administrations, but I digress...)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

geronl

A plurality of "Republicans" have been proven to be naive morons too.