Author Topic: Rush: Donald Trump Jr. Denies Offering Kasich VP  (Read 830 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Donald Trump Jr. Denies Offering Kasich VP
« on: July 21, 2016, 11:22:08 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/07/21/quick_hits_page

July 21, 2016

Donald Trump Jr. Denies Offering Kasich VP

RUSH:  I was misinformed out there.  It's not Kasich who is saying that he was never offered the job.  It was the Trump campaign saying that they did not offer the job.  So the New York Times story has not been out and out denied.  The original New York Times Magazine story was that the Trump campaign, Trump's son went to Kasich, and said, "You can run it all, domestic, foreign policy, we want you to be VP."

And then a bunch of media ran with that as proof that Trump really doesn't want to do this, just wants the glory, just wants to sit in the Oval Office and be thought of as the big guy, but doesn't actually want to do all the work, and they're saying, "We told you so," da-da-da-da. And the first version was that Kasich said, "Nobody ever talked to me," but that's not the way it happened.

Apparently it's Trump who is now denying that Kasich was ever offered the job.  And it was confusion over poorly crafted and written headlines that caused the confusion.  This report is from yesterday anyway, and it hasn't gotten a lot of traction, not a whole lot of people have been talking about it beyond some the blog reaction. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why Is Kasich Mad?

RUSH: Why would Kasich have a bug up his nose?  Kasich was never gonna win this.  Kasich was never gonna win the primaries.  He loads the confetti gun when he wins Ohio, his home state, makes it look like he just won the Super Bowl.  He won one state.  He had, how many delegates, a hundred delegates?

Why in the world is he not showing up?  Has he said?  So everybody is left to assume that he's got some big problem with Trump.  Well, you talk about childish sour grapes.  It's his state.  The Republican National Committee goes to his state, brings whatever economic influx there is to the city of Cleveland, and he doesn't show up 'cause he's got his nose out of joint. (interruption) Okay, big whoop.  So he went to an event one mile away.  Okay, even better.

So he goes to an outside event one mile away, but he can't go to the convention, as though, what, he got cheated?  How did he get cheated?  He was never gonna get the nomination.  The guy shouldn't have been in half the debates that he was in.  He shouldn't have qualified for half the debates they let him in.  Well, anyway.  She offered him her speaking slot, and he turned that down. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  It was Donald Trump Jr. that the New York Times Magazine said offered the panacea to John Kasich, but Donald Trump Jr. says he never did it, never offered it.  Thank goodness.  That would have given me pause. I would have had to still follow through, but that would have -- oh, gee, I'm so happy that didn't.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:22:56 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34