Author Topic: Texas Delegates May Walk Out During Trump’s Speech Tonight if He Decides to Attack Cruz  (Read 511 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: RED STATE

URL: http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/07/21/texas-delegates-may-walk-trump-speech/

by: Brandon Morse

Cruz's speech at the RNC on Wednesday night completely threw the political world into an uproar, with people everywhere taking one side or another, either with with Cruz, or Trump. One group in particular seems to have, for the most part, decided to put themselves firmly in Cruz's corner.

Stephen Gutowksi of the Free Beacon had the opportunity to speak with the Texas delegation about Cruz's speech. According to them, they're standing behind their senator...for the most part.

Stephen Gutowski @StephenGutowski
Texas delegates said they noticed an age divide in who supported Cruz's speech & who didn't. Under 45 liked it. Over 45 didn't.

Texas delegates said about 80% of the delegation supported Cruz's speech.
3:35 PM - 21 Jul 2016

Approval for Cruz's speech also seemed to fall on lines of age.

Texas delegates said they noticed an age divide in who supported Cruz's speech & who didn't. Under 45 liked it. Over 45 didn't.
3:33 PM - 21 Jul 2016
  72 72 Retweets   88 88 likes

But of those that did approve, some have given notice that if Trump does decide to attack Cruz during this speech tonight, then they will walk out.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

geronl

Of course he will attack Ted Cruz.

Who else is he going to attack? He'll use kid gloves on Hillary, that's for sure.

Offline sinkspur

So, if Trump goes off script, they'll make him look like Mahmood Ahmadinajad of Iran.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I have it on good authority that Dan Patrick is threatening them that if they do anything or say anything even slightly less than 100% support for the candidate, he will make sure their political careers are over and they will never have a party position in the state again. They will be on a greyhound bus heading back to their home before the speech is over and they will not be reimbursed for any expenses.

Offline NavyCanDo

Trump or his handlers can't be that stupid. There is a division amongst the republicans, there is no doubt about it. He needs to use this speech to unify the party, not divide it even more. If I was him I would be on the phone to Kasich and Cruz asking them what he could say or do to get them to
 stand on stage with him after the speech all three holding hands up in the air.  Not an endorsement, but a sybolic sign of unity.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I have it on good authority that Dan Patrick is threatening them that if they do anything or say anything even slightly less than 100% support for the candidate, he will make sure their political careers are over and they will never have a party position in the state again. They will be on a greyhound bus heading back to their home before the speech is over and they will not be reimbursed for any expenses.

I'm already done with Dan Patrick. His behavior during this convention has shown to me that he is no real conservative, but just another party hack.  He won't be getting my vote in the future.
Let it burn.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Trump or his handlers can't be that stupid. There is a division amongst the republicans, there is no doubt about it. He needs to use this speech to unify the party, not divide it even more. If I was him I would be on the phone to Kasich and Cruz asking them what he could say or do to get them to
 stand on stage with him after the speech all three holding hands up in the air.  Not an endorsement, but a sybolic sign of unity.

Trump's handlers have abput the same mentality of the Trump supporters. He'll go after Cruz and not say a word about Hillary.

And the Trumpkins will applaud his brilliance.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm already done with Dan Patrick. His behavior during this convention has shown to me that he is no real conservative, but just another party hack.  He won't be getting my vote in the future.

Mine either.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fantom

trump is not that big of a man.

Actually trump makes me think of the worst of Hillary and obama rolled up into one.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass